Illegal Block in the back on the Pick 6 - ??????????????????

1B4IDie

Gailey needs to scream and yell in the officials' face? Uh, okay.

Yes. Belichick does that. The Harbaughs do that. Mike Smith does that. I could go on. The point is that officials, to some extent, aren't afraid of throwing questionable flags against timid coaches. Perhaps guys like Gailey don't report officiating crews to the League office for review. On top of that, Gailey's timidity reflects poorly on him to the players; if your coach doesn't feel strongly about a b.s. call, why should you?

Yes. Belichick does that. The Harbaughs do that. Mike Smith does that. I could go on. The point is that officials, to some extent, aren't afraid of throwing questionable flags against timid coaches. Perhaps guys like Gailey don't report officiating crews to the League office for review. On top of that, Gailey's timidity reflects poorly on him to the players; if your coach doesn't feel strongly about a b.s. call, why should you?

Just all around nonsense. Now we don't even call the league office be side he didn't spike his headset ala mike smith?

Edited by NoSaint

Just all around nonsense. Now we don't even call the league office be side he didn't spike his headset ala mike smith?

I think emotion is important in a head coach. Players want to feel supported by their head coach. No, I don't think there is some conspiracy, or that the more aggressive head coaches get more calls. But this isn't the NBA, where coaches get technical fouls for stepping on the court or yelling at a ref. That being said, I do think refs are, perhaps subconsciously, less likely to flag teams that rip on them for bad calls. It's just human.

I just totally disagree with you. There have been plenty of superb mild-mannered coaches. I don't think the refs or players respond to these rah-rah hotheads.

If the Bills score 6 there, it would have been a different game. Moore makes a lot of stupid contact. If he wants to start in the NFL he will need to minimize these mistakes.

Moore's already starting in the NFL. And he's been playing very well.

3-5-BUF44(1:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Bradford pass intended for L.Kendricks INTERCEPTED by S.Gilmore (B.Scott) at BUF 38. S.Gilmore for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-K.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SL 39.Source:http://www.cbssports...0121209_STL@BUFPhantom call!!!

Offensive holding? That's doubly strange. :)

I just totally disagree with you. There have been plenty of superb mild-mannered coaches. I don't think the refs or players respond to these rah-rah hotheads.

Sometimes a coach has to show emotion (especially a guy like Gailey or Jauron who tend to impersonate mannequins). There can be any number of justifiable reasons for this. To lobby the ref for a makeup call later on, to show your players that you've got their backs. To strategically go out of character to try to light a fire under your team.

I'm not a big fan of loud, demonstrative coaches but showing fire and emotion needs to be done from time to time. The last time I remember Gailey showing emotion was when he yelled at some kids for picking on Trent.

That was a terrible call, that head up...scatari or whatever the flip his name is...has it in for the bills.He screws up on the call a game , he has hard on for the bills. That call cost us the game, 10 points at 1/2 time in the crappy conditions would have made a huge difference.

Sorry say what you like, we needed a defensive TD, we got it, that douchebag took it away.

Yes he does! He needs to show some damn heart and emotion! This team has NO HEART WHAT SO EVER! They play like a bunch of Dakota Fannings out there and get pushed around and let the other teams dictate how we play. That starts and ends with the HC! You know why the players like him so much? Because he is soft on them and players love playing for guys like that.

We need a HC with a fire in his belly that gets mad at refs, players, etc! He needs to show some passion out there...I mean he makes Dick Jauron look like a Ryan brother.

And I do not understand why some people want him as our OC either...thats puzzling because one of the main things people hate about Chan is how he runs this offense, under uses the best players, and over uses a weak link at QB in Fitz. Why would that change if he was the OC? Wouldn't it be more of the same? Its also one of the reasons he got fired in KC as the OC because of his lack of willingness to adjust his offense to the personnel of that team.