Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

i wouldnt say fitz was outstanding.. but he sure wasnt the reason they lost. this one is 95 percent on chan

Agreed.

Not that I am a defender of and/or believer in #14 for 2013 beyond just being a mentor for and eventual solid backup to whomever we can get ... but he certainly was not the reason for the loss. He got hit on the last pick, so that sh*t happens to QBs at any time. The bottom line is that we dominated most of the game and should not have needed to come from behind in the last minute.

After suffering through pussies like RoJo, JP, and Trentative, you have to at least admire his toughness at that position.

Funny how Mike Martz was extra effusive with his praise for Fitz at the controls, you could even say ...

Fitz played his best for heem

Pa-RUM-Pum-Pum-Pum

My only point is, Chan is far more inept as an NFL HC than Fitz is as an NFL starting QB. Calling a timeout to punt from the other team's 34 yard line?!?

This game was our Tennessee debacle all over again. I hope Chan lays a few more strategic eggs down the stretch to clinch the notion that keeping him around would equal a severe season-ticket sales slump.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

Serious question: When we got the ball with almost a minute to go and 2 timeouts, needing a FG to tie, what was your confidence level? I.e., what did you think the chances were that Fitz would lead us down the field to tie or win the game? Personally, mine was about 10%, and the only thing that surprised me was that he completed one nice pass. But I missed the first half, and maybe I wasn't being fair. So I'm curious where your confidence was at, since you're defending his game.

And for the record, I think Chan puts Fitz in position to lose way too often. Let's put it this way: I don't think Alex Smith would be a significant upgrade over Fitz, and Smith went 13-3 last year and 6-2 this year (6-2-1 if you count the first Rams game that he was knocked out of). Our backs are better than SF's. Our receivers were definitely better last year, and probably still better this year. Our line is probably not as good, but not far off when healthy. Our D is definitely not as good, but it's hard to say how much of that is coaching. So I agree that Fitz is not our biggest problem. But just like Harbaugh switched to Kaepernick the first chance he got, I would like to switch to a QB that is a part of the solution, rather than just "not our biggest problem." Problem is, I don't know who that would be, and most of the options floated around are weak at best.

Andrew Luck turned around the Colts in 1 year. How long do we have to wait for Fitz?

Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Ryan

Matthew Stafford

Andy Dalton

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin III

Russell Wilson

Colin Kaepernick

HOW LONG must we wait before this organization gets us a quarterback that delivers?!?!?!??! Other teams can do it after one year, and so... inevitably... we still wonder WHY NOT US???????

Serious question: When we got the ball with almost a minute to go and 2 timeouts, needing a FG to tie, what was your confidence level? I.e., what did you think the chances were that Fitz would lead us down the field to tie or win the game? Personally, mine was about 10%, and the only thing that surprised me was that he completed one nice pass. But I missed the first half, and maybe I wasn't being fair. So I'm curious where your confidence was at, since you're defending his game.

And for the record, I think Chan puts Fitz in position to lose way too often. Let's put it this way: I don't think Alex Smith would be a significant upgrade over Fitz, and Smith went 13-3 last year and 6-2 this year (6-2-1 if you count the first Rams game that he was knocked out of). Our backs are better than SF's. Our receivers were definitely better last year, and probably still better this year. Our line is probably not as good, but not far off when healthy. Our D is definitely not as good, but it's hard to say how much of that is coaching. So I agree that Fitz is not our biggest problem. But just like Harbaugh switched to Kaepernick the first chance he got, I would like to switch to a QB that is a part of the solution, rather than just "not our biggest problem." Problem is, I don't know who that would be, and most of the options floated around are weak at best.

I had almost zero confidence in Fitz at this point, it seems like every time he gets in a situation like this he throws a terrible pass that is picked off, and guess what, he did just that again.

Ok I ain't never tell no lie but.. That pass to Chandler down the middle was the most beautiful pass Shitzpatrick has ever thrown. I literally stood up in disbelief he threw that. Then the next pass to Stevie was perfect.. But after that it was back to normal so I just sat back down in disgust... That said if you think two passes makes an outstanding QB then Ryan Leaf must have been the man for a decade...

Oh and I didn't think he would have that dreaded 4th quarter int my heart didn't think he would win it but It didn't think he would blow it.. My brain definitely thought it would happen and I should have went with my brain because guess what he did...SMH... :doh:

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Agreed.

Not that I am a defender of and/or believer in #14 for 2013 beyond just being a mentor for and eventual solid backup to whomever we can get ... but he certainly was not the reason for the loss. He got hit on the last pick, so that sh*t happens to QBs at any time. The bottom line is that we dominated most of the game and should not have needed to come from behind in the last minute.

After suffering through pussies like RoJo, JP, and Trentative, you have to at least admire his toughness at that position.

Funny how Mike Martz was extra effusive with his praise for Fitz at the controls, you could even say ...

Fitz played his best for heem

Pa-RUM-Pum-Pum-Pum

My only point is, Chan is far more inept as an NFL HC than Fitz is as an NFL starting QB. Calling a timeout to punt from the other team's 34 yard line?!?

This game was our Tennessee debacle all over again. I hope Chan lays a few more strategic eggs down the stretch to clinch the notion that keeping him around would equal a severe season-ticket sales slump.

Martz did not praise Bradford once, yet you would have thought Fitz was the second coming of Joe Montana. Painful.

I'd say they are problem 1 A and 1 B. Gailey is horrendous.

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

Last 4 drives in the 4th quarter

4 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

4 plays and INTERCEPTION

Brilliant!

Fitz's inadequacies hurt the team regardless of his stats. Teams are able to load the box and dictate their running game, keeping the ball out of Spiller's hands. They need a QB who can be even a minor threat downfield.

Andrew Luck turned around the Colts in 1 year. How long do we have to wait for Fitz?

Look at Luck's numbers yesterday - he sucked - and he still got a win. The difference is coaching. Fitz pretty much has to play a perfect game for us to win. Look around the rest of the NFL and you'll find plenty of pedestrian QB performances that result in victories. I'm not arguing that we can't do better than Fitz, but he's good enough to win with if we had a solid head coach and a decent receiving corp. And for all those who try to make the argument that Chan "made" Fitz and that he could turn any QB into a serviceable player, please watch the Trent Edwards' quarterbacked games from 2010. We made something like 150+ yard improvement per game when Fitz took over. That's not Chan, that's Fitz.

Fitz's problem isn't quarters 1-3. It's those final 5 minutes of each game where he always SUCKS. He can never lead a game winning TD drive or even a tying FG drive.

Get rid of him.

Look at Luck's numbers yesterday - he sucked - and he still got a win. The difference is coaching. Fitz pretty much has to play a perfect game for us to win. Look around the rest of the NFL and you'll find plenty of pedestrian QB performances that result in victories. I'm not arguing that we can't do better than Fitz, but he's good enough to win with if we had a solid head coach and a decent receiving corp. And for all those who try to make the argument that Chan "made" Fitz and that he could turn any QB into a serviceable player, please watch the Trent Edwards' quarterbacked games from 2010. We made something like 150+ yard improvement per game when Fitz took over. That's not Chan, that's Fitz.

Except when Luck needed to get it done, he did. No matter how "mediocre" you think his stats where, when it counted he took the team down and put points on the board. Just look at the last 4 possesions for the Bills:

4 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

4 plays and INTERCEPTION

If the Bills score on any of those, game over maybe. Do you honestly think Luck would allow that to happen in the same situation? Fitz just does not raise the level of play of any player around him. Yea, some of its coaching. But Chan isn't throwing the ball and calling audibles, not that Chan didn't make some terrible choices too.

*Unless it is against a very bad team like, say, Arizona? LOL

If I am not mistaken, he had a key fumble in that game, but he didn't have a chance to try to end the game on an interception, the Offensive Genius Head Coach brought in Brad Smith to do it that game. Fitz could go to Arizona next year, about the only place in the league where he could go and it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Except when Luck needed to get it done, he did. No matter how "mediocre" you think his stats where, when it counted he took the team down and put points on the board. Just look at the last 4 possesions for the Bills:

4 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

3 plays and PUNT

4 plays and INTERCEPTION

If the Bills score on any of those, game over maybe. Do you honestly think Luck would allow that to happen in the same situation? Fitz just does not raise the level of play of any player around him. Yea, some of its coaching. But Chan isn't throwing the ball and calling audibles, not that Chan didn't make some terrible choices too.

Horrible drives for sure. But lets also not forget that in one of those drives Fitz threw a perfect strike to SJ right in his hands that SJ, our #1 WR, failed to grab. That would've been a key 3rd down conversion. Would we have scored? Who knows, but at the very least we would've killed another 2 minutes or so of time probably. There's plenty of blame to go around guys.

Edited by bobobonators