Ron brooks

BeastMode54

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For his first start I thought he played well. Young CBs are gonna get picked on and burnt. It's a given.

However, Henne, Shorts, and Blackmon and Marcedes Lewis have been lighting it up pretty well over the last few weeks.

The weather hurt their passing game a bit but I liked what I saw from Brooks.

Well they threw at him all day. And since they are the Jags...they had no success. That said...lets wait until Brady tests him and see how that goes.

Was gonna say the same thing. He was picked on often today. He plays very aggressive and I still think he will be our other starter next to Gilmore for the future. He of course missed some time but I think he will get better. At least I hope so.

Yes he didn't start at LSU last year which is a CB factory that had a top 10 DB drafted by Dallas and a Heisman Trophy candidate at the other spot. He played nickel and is reportedly faster than both of the starters. If he had not gotten hurt he would have been the nickel or dime DB.

I hope someone sat down after the game and told him not to be discouraged... As others have said, the Jags were picking on him all game; he's probably a little bit frustrated!

But yeah, it'd be tough to be disappointed, given it was his first start.

Really?

He was terrible today.

He got beat several times and never looked back for the ball. In a closer game, that stupid personal foul could have cost us a win.

The only thing that saved his butt was that Henne sucks.

Yes he didn't start at LSU last year which is a CB factory that had a top 10 DB drafted by Dallas and a Heisman Trophy candidate at the other spot. He played nickel and is reportedly faster than both of the starters. If he had not gotten hurt he would have been the nickel or dime DB.

He was also player of the game multiple times when he did get some starts because one of the others were out. On any other team he would have been a college all star and a sure first rounder. This kid is way talented, trust me when I say he is gonna be a good one. Just like I predicted with Byrd on draft night, i also said it on draft night when brooks was taken, and I am still saying it now...he's gonna be very good.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Really?

He was terrible today.

He got beat several times and never looked back for the ball. In a closer game, that stupid personal foul could have cost us a win.

The only thing that saved his butt was that Henne sucks.

Yeah really. He's a rookie in his first start.

I can remember three passes he broke up and several times when he had good coverage.

It's a given that a rookie CB is his first career start is gonna have a few rough spots.

I hope someone sat down after the game and told him not to be discouraged... As others have said, the Jags were picking on him all game; he's probably a little bit frustrated!

But yeah, it'd be tough to be disappointed, given it was his first start.

I hope that he is grown up enough that no one had to sit down and say that to him. This isn't little league for god's sake.

He looked like a promising rookie with a fair amount of upside making his first professional start and drawing a very tough coverage assignment against one of the leagues best young play-makers at the WR position.

He made a few mistakes, but never got lost in coverage, used the sideline well, controlled routes, and closed on the ball better than I anticipated. He also played a much more physical game than I had anticipated.

All in all, a pretty good first effort. I am encouraged.

Yeah really. He's a rookie in his first start.

I can remember three passes he broke up and several times when he had good coverage.

It's a given that a rookie CB is his first career start is gonna have a few rough spots.

Bad is bad. Good is good.

Rookie or not, he was bad today. With a better QB and recievers, there is no telling how many yards he would have let up today.

If he gets better, I will get excited about him.

I've just seen too many Aaron Williams, Justin Rogers, Leodis McKelvin, Ellis Lankster, Ashton Youboty performances... and watched those guys never get better after their rookie seasons.

Bad is bad. Good is good.

Rookie or not, he was bad today. With a better QB and recievers, there is no telling how many yards he would have let up today.

If he gets better, I will get excited about him.

I've just seen too many Aaron Williams, Justin Rogers, Leodis McKelvin, Ellis Lankster, Ashton Youboty performances... and watched those guys never get better after their rookie seasons.

I hear you but I think you have to look at things in context too.

For instance, how would you judge Nick Foles' performance tonight?