What about Tommy Maddox

I would hate to see the Bills leave a season like this and then go into next year starting a rookie. I think that would lead to 6-10 or so.

I almost wish (in hindsight) we had lost the StL game, and then JP would have finished out the season - get the rookie mistakes out now.

Anyway, Tommy Maddox obviously will want out of Pitts. And except for Kurt Warner, who else is there that not only has experience, but isnt too old, and wants a new home?

I say sign him to an incentive filled 1 year deal.

Any takers?

I almost wish (in hindsight)  we had lost the StL game, and then JP would have finished out the season - get the rookie mistakes out now.

192313[/snapback]

I'd like to see my other options before settling on Maddox, but your point about JP is what I like to call "Bledsoe's Final Act." He took us right to the brink of Nirvana but what it all comes down to is that the only thing that his multi-game outbreak of acceptable football did was make us unprepared at QB for the 2005 season.

Screw the transitional guy. What is JP going to get out of next year once again sitting on the bench. Just give him the damn ball and let him go at it.

I'll tell you what...I'd rather go 6-10 with JP than 8-8 with Warner, or Drew, or Maddox.

only if you like what you see when Bledsoe is at his worst...Maddox is a downgrade, I have a friend that is a big Steelers fan and he absolutely hates Maddox, slow, dumb and can't hold on to the ball is what he says...then again he was a big fan of Kordell. ;)

I'd rather have Shane Matthews than Tommy Maddox - hey we already have him!

Seriously, I don't think there's any upgrade to be made to bring in a caretaker until JP's ready. Warner takes a lot of sacks and can't hold onto the ball, Maddox had his good year and has been injury prone ever since. For his flaws, Drew knows the system and is already here. Either put him on the short chain or open up the competition between Drew and JP in training camp and give one of them the shot to win out.

• 3 weeks later...