Woman gives the finger to the Tomb of Unknown Soldier

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What she did is disgraceful and wrong. I don't know if she should get fired over it. I believe employers should have very little power over a persons private life. Still it was a very stupid thing to do.

Except when she posted it on Facebook, it was no longer private. Not to mention her employer's name is probably right at the top of her page.

Her parents say they know the snapshot is disgraceful and had warned their daughter about the dangers of posting personal photos online.

When you're 30 years old and your parents have to warn you about these things you're not only disrespectful but you're also a !@#$ing loser.

True. Damn modern technology. Do you think she should lose her job? Tough call.

It was a work trip so yeah, they probably can fire her.

When you're 30 years old and your parents have to warn you about these things you're not only disrespectful but you're also a !@#$ing loser.

It was a work trip so yeah, they probably can fire her.

What the hell is LIFE? I never heard of them, besides the cereal of course.

What the hell is LIFE? I never heard of them, besides the cereal of course.

I'm sure it's just another evil, greedy, money-loving slave driver pushing this woman to the brink due to low wages, long hours, no health care and that pesky need for her to actually get work done.

The war on women never ends.

I'm sure it's just another evil, greedy, money-loving slave driver pushing this woman to the brink due to low wages, long hours, no health care and that pesky need for her to actually get work done.

The war on women never ends.

Your just a argumentative sob aint ya. I bet your fun at partys.

What she did is disgraceful and wrong. I don't know if she should get fired over it. I believe employers should have very little power over a persons private life. Still it was a very stupid thing to do.

An employer choosing to fire one of its employees is not interfering in their personal life at all.

Well, I do not think it is a big deal. Others do. She, in her own right, showed what she can do. Those same others have and are showing their rights, too. This girls life will be hell for months. 4chan, last I saw, was bugging the crap out of her.

That is why workers need unions. With out one, you are at the mercy of your boss. What if they don't like your political views, should they be able to fire you?

Oh yeah, we all need unions so we don't have to worry about being stupid enough to post Facebook pictures of us giving the finger to revered national landmarks. :doh:

I always find it amazing how 100MM+ people manage to not get fired every day in this country despite not having a union.

That is why workers need unions. With out one, you are at the mercy of your boss. What if they don't like your political views, should they be able to fire you?

I have a boss who likes to tell people he is up here (holds hand high). He says we are down here (holds other hand below). I once pointed out that for him to be on top there has to be a lot of support from "here" to make the "here" stand. That any peak must have its base.

It is our right to withhold information such as sexual preference, religious views, political views, etc, and no workplace can force us to divulge those things.

If they vote against your wishes, sure:

"Discrimination involves singling you out because of the group or class you belong to. Illegal discrimination is unequal treatment because of your:

race or color

sex

sexual orientation

ancestry or national origin

religion

mental or physical disability."

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/ceo-walks-through-parking-lot-looking-for-obama-bumper-stickers-reason-she-needed-to-lay-off-8-emp/question-191144/

Seems like she was disrespecting the sign calling for dignity and respect more than she was disrespecting veterans or the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Destroying the girl's life for an off-color joke doesn't seem to fit the profile of America that these veterans fought to protect...

Edited by Buff_bills4ever