Fitz Total QBR For 2012

T master

Fitz is ranked as the #22 QB in the NFL this year with a total QBR rating of 48.1 which isn't all that great .

But if you consider some of the posts on here that say we need to get Vick he is on the bottom of the QBR , so is Cam Newton , Bradford , Kolb , & many others that we all thought we would be a better team if we would go after any of these guys ..

Go to ESPN & you can see the entire list top to bottom & it may surprise a lot of you that wanted us to go & get other QB's that were thought to be better than our own Fitz ...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have fantasies of underperforming players suddenly exploding once they join the Bills.

By the way, CBS sports has Fitz with an 87.0 rating, ranked 15th.

http://m.cbssports.com/s/showPage.do?siteId=106920&pageId=8677852&typeName=Offensive&code=PRAT

PTR

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2012&seasonType=2&statgroup=passing&category=quarterbackRating

So does ESPN. Where did you get

48.1???

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We have fantasies of underperforming players suddenly exploding once they join the Bills.

http://m.cbssports.c...nsive&code=PRAT

PTR

http://m.espn.go.com...arterbackRating

48.1???

The OP said "total QBR" this is a different format of QB rating from the traditional formula. Not sure of all the minutiae, but it is supposed to be a more accurate indicator of a QB's actual performance.

http://m.cbssports.com/s/showPage.do?siteId=106920&pageId=8677852&typeName=Offensive&code=PRAT

PTR

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2012&seasonType=2&statgroup=passing&category=quarterbackRating

48.1???

It's espns new qbr, not the traditional. It allegedly takes into account situational stats better (weights the final 2 mins of tight games for instance, while washing garbage time plays out more)

Edited by NoSaint

Here's the link: espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Fitz is up to 49.1, still ranked #22. It should be noted that the best total QBR is 84.8. So is this a realistic measure or just matches certain folks dark outlook?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

QBR is massively better rating system than old QB rating system which literally had no way to measure a QB's real effectiveness. In fact the original QB rating is not even a stat any scouts, coaches, or GMs used or paid any attention to and was pretty viewed as useless. Which is why QBR was created and it actually has the ability to better rate the effectiveness of a QB. Literally QB rating before was pointless and considered useless.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Here's the link: espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Fitz is up to 49.1, still ranked #22. It should be noted that the best total QBR is 84.8. So is this a realistic measure or just matches certain folks dark outlook?

PTR

It's a new stat, so it's hard to totally wrap your head around it (don't have years of bench marking and experience with its strengths and short comings) but it seems to be among the more comprehensive and accurate numbers available for a rough idea of how your qb is doing vs peers. No stats perfect but it seems to be one of the better.

I think it confirms that fitz is a 3rd quartile type qb in any rankings I do. Below average but not in the basement. Having seen his résumé, his qbr seems to match my gut feelings.

Edited by NoSaint

QBR does not take account of a lot of things - avoiding sacks, QB's ability to fake, blocking, etc. Like every rating system is very crude and is more for those who are big on that.

Would you argue fitz is much higher? It's certainly not perfect, but I'd say its atleast a decent bar room, napkin ranking

Would you argue fitz is much higher? It's certainly not perfect, but I'd say its atleast a decent bar room, napkin ranking

I would argue it is higher but no idea on scale since I can not watch much football now due to job requirements. According to most QB ratings I have seen QB statues get rating far to highly because rating systems favor them.

Fitz is in the Middle of the Pack......truth is his QBR and whatever else would have been higher this year if the defense was better... No one thought he could carry a team...but he is good enough to win on offense... Just not good or great enough to win with the worst defense in the league

QBR is massively better rating system than old QB rating system which literally had no way to measure a QB's real effectiveness. In fact the original QB rating is not even a stat any scouts, coaches, or GMs used or paid any attention to and was pretty viewed as useless. Which is why QBR was created and it actually has the ability to better rate the effectiveness of a QB. Literally QB rating before was pointless and considered useless.

I'm not quite ready to go there yet (either way). I can see that they're making a strong attempt to assess effectiveness in scoring points/winning - I'm just not sure how well they've actually separated out QB performance

Two spitballs of information:

1) The official NFL stat is Passer Efficiency Rating or PER

2) ESPN's new metric was unveiled for this season and the jury is still out on this metric

It was unveiled last season

A mark of 50.0 is considered average and 100 is perfect, but almost unattainable.