Meanwhile in the rest of the world

/dev/null

I'll take one article and raise you another article

http://www.jewishfederations.org/page.aspx?id=64336

In all honesty I don't care about who created Hamas. I was referring to his other 3 points.

Consider the source.

Here's another tidbit:

The White House focus on Israel this week comes as Romney prepares to visit Jerusalem. The presumptive Republican nominee is a critic of Obama's policy toward Israel and has promised to ramp up U.S. aid to the Jewish state, although Obama officials say the administration already provides record levels of funding.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Consider the source.

Here's another tidbit:

The White House focus on Israel this week comes as Romney prepares to visit Jerusalem. The presumptive Republican nominee is a critic of Obama's policy toward Israel and has promised to ramp up U.S. aid to the Jewish state, although Obama officials say the administration already provides record levels of funding.

You slam his source, but yours is a hearsay piece from UPI? Seriously?

You know how I know those weapons are a joke? The US and the Israelis wouldn't be caught dead using them.

This might just be the very worst argument I've even seen made here, and that's really saying something.

Just because someone is shooting at you with a 9mm instead of a .50 Desert Eagle doesn't make the 9mm a joke. We don't live in the comparative.

This might just be the very worst argument I've even seen made here, and that's really saying something.

Just because someone is shooting at you with a 9mm instead of a .50 Desert Eagle doesn't make the 9mm a joke. We don't live in the comparative.

All due respect TT, but in today's world, comparative political thought is the "in" thing. Meet force, with equal force, instead of overwhelming odds against the opposition is now the mantra. Heck, look at the so called rules of engagement in place in Afghanistan as the latest example of politician running a war, instead of the people actually there... ya know?? doing the fighting? and wanting to get it over so they can go home? There is no doubt we could have hit there with everything we have conventionally, and ended it years ago.

Exhibit A.... the first gulf war... we actually thought they were stronger than they were, and hit them with overwhelming force... It was over before anyone could blink an eye.... Oops!!! (though we should not have stopped when we did)

Well that didnt take long

Israeli Troops Said to Kill Palestinian, Testing Cease-Fire

http://www.nytimes.c...onflict.html?hp

AFP - "Twelve rockets fired from the Gaza Strip hit Israel on Wednesday in the first hours that followed a ceasefire agreement ending hostilities in the week-long Gaza conflict, a police spokesman told AFP."

No, it didn't.

http://www.france24.com/en/20121122-twelve-rockets-hit-israel-after-truce-police

Show me the ocular proof. Show me the death toll. Until then, ssssshhhhhhh!

Saying "I don't believe you" over and over doesn't make you right. And admittedly, the facts I'm presenting you with can't simply be googled - you need actual knowledge of how **** works.

And regardless, claiming that the Palestinians have the military capabilities of a twelve year old on the Fourth of July doesn't help your case.

(And Israel and the US both use such munitions as field artillery, by the way.)

Why Was There War in Gaza? ...Hamas considers all of Israel occupied, illegitimate, a cancer, a crime against humanity.

By Charles Krauthammer

Why was there an Israel–Gaza war in the first place? Resistance to the occupation, say Hamas and many in the international media.

What occupation? Seven years ago, in front of the world, Israel pulled out of Gaza. It dismantled every settlement, withdrew every soldier, evacuated every Jew, leaving nothing and no one behind. Except for the greenhouses in which the settlers had grown fruit and flowers for export. These were left intact to help Gaza’s economy — only to be trashed when the Palestinians took over.

Israel then declared its border with Gaza to be an international frontier, meaning that it renounced any claim to the territory and considered it an independent entity. In effect, Israel had created the first Palestinian state ever, something never granted by fellow Muslims — neither the Ottoman Turks nor the Egyptians who brutally occupied Gaza for two decades before being driven out by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War.

Israel wanted nothing more than to live in peace with this independent Palestinian entity. After all, the world had incessantly demanded that Israel give up land for peace.

It gave the land. It got no peace.

The Gaza Palestinians did not reciprocate. They voted in Hamas, who then took over in a military putsch and turned their newly freed Palestine into an armed camp from which to war against Israel. It has been war ever since.

Interrupted by the occasional truce, to be sure. But for Hamas a truce — hudna — is simply a tactic for building strength for the next round. It is never meant to be enduring, never meant to offer peace.

But why, given that there is no occupation of Gaza anymore? Because Hamas considers all of Israel occupied, illegitimate, a cancer, a crime against humanity, to quote the leaders of Iran, Hamas’s chief patron and arms supplier. Hamas’s objective, openly declared, is to “liberate” — i.e., destroy — Tel Aviv and the rest of pre-1967 Israel. Indeed, it is Hamas’ raison d’être.

You didn't just say that!!! Lol!! Five!!! That number is too high!! Lol! More people die on the 4th from sparklers. Give me a break! Thousands launched and only 5 deceased and you're still trying to convince me that those weapons are the bees knees? Whatever.

So Mr. Non-violence thinks that 5 Israeli civilian deaths is hilarious, but the slaughtering of a few dozen Palestinian militants is a terrible tragedy.

Cute.

Well that didnt take long

Israeli Troops Said to Kill Palestinian, Testing Cease-Fire

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/24/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-conflict.html?hp

That's what I'm talking about. Young men threw stones at Israelis, Israelis in turn fire back with assault rifles. Now I'm not saying the Israelis should pick up stones and throw them back, but still, the crime doesn't fit the punishment. Can you imagine the uproar if the same thing happened here?

That's what I'm talking about. Young men threw stones at Israelis, Israelis in turn fire back with assault rifles. Now I'm not saying the Israelis should pick up stones and throw them back, but still, the crime doesn't fit the punishment. Can you imagine the uproar if the same thing happened here?

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=293324

http://www.israelnat...ews.aspx/162474

Just more "bottle rockets".

Poor innocent Iran:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162471

Edited by 3rdnlng

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=293324

http://www.israelnat...ews.aspx/162474

Just more "bottle rockets".

Poor innocent Iran:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162471

Just because they tell you these are Fajr 5's or Qassam's doesn't necessarily make it true. I believe my eyes, not the headlines. The damage done to Israel was minuscule after over 1000 rockets was launched towards them. That's all the proof I need.

I'm going to steal a line from Dave Chapelle, "you can call me Pessimist Prime".

Edited by NoJustice

Just because they tell you these are Fajr 5's or Qassam's doesn't necessarily make it true. I believe my eyes, not the headlines. The damage done to Israel was minuscule after over 1000 rockets was launched towards them. That's all the proof I need.

I'm going to steal a line from Dave Chapelle, "you can call me Pessimist Prime".

Lazy thinking.

The only way that you can "believe my eyes" is to actually be there.

Otherwise you're putting your faith in the broadcast media to show you "everything" that actually happens,

while at the same time you are dismissing the print media describing what actually happens.

Lazy.

You seek out those reports that confirm what you have already decided to be the truth....................................nothing more than that.

Al Jazeera eyes? Baghdad Bob's?

You seek out those reports that confirm what you have already decided to be the truth....................................nothing more than that.

His parents were denied a visa to retire there by Israel. Therefore he knows everything that's going on first-hand through his own eyes and everyone else is just towing the "company line". Every shred of evidence that doesn't conform to what he already decided is the "truth" is just naive people believing the pro-Israeli, anti-Palestinian lies.

Hamas is pure as the driven snow, they only sent "bottle rockets" over the border and every Israeli death is just a joke. Israel is the real aggressor here, they have no right to use force to protect their citizens from idiots firing "bottle rockets" with explosive payloads at their population centers, while being manly men and hiding behind children as the noble freedom fighters from Hamas do it.

A few Israeli deaths are no big deal, afterall.

Edited by Koko78