Spiller is effing rediculous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he had a pretty bad game last night - he really reverted to trying to take too many cuts.

Beyond what even Mayock was pointing out, I saw a bunch of cases where holes were there if he just ran straight ahead, but he got himself running sideways too often and waited too long to turn up field.

He had a monster game against a tough run defense. 4.1 YPC, 91 yards, 20 long. He tried to make some plays, and was shut down in only a few. When Freddie comes back, and getting 25 percent of the carries (hopefully), CJ's YPC will go back up.

I for one LOVE the thursday night games.. Listening to Mayock break things down is so much better than the CBS crews... His best analogy to C.J was when he said how C.J. LOVES to pop it outside and try and hit the corners and outrun everyone... With his speed, he has that extra gear that he can take it to the house on every touch if given the space. He pointed out, he's STILL a little too quick to pop it outside which is true, during the thurs game, cuz its nationally televised, more breaks in action and more commentary. Mayock is the best draft guru out there and i love how he references how guys were at their pro days and in college.

Spiller has the talent to be an elite RB and is on verge of it. He's a lot more physical a runner this yr compared to last.... Last yr, he was not breaking tackles like he is now.. He's running with MUCH more authority. I think a lot of that is due to playing with Freddy... Freddy is the best Bill i've seen at getting that extra 2-3 yards at end of play by slithering and twisting then reaching ball out for extra yard. He has not been anywhere near as efficient this year but i think CJ sitting so much during rookie year taught him a TON.. He wasnt ready for the NFL.. Again, he popped EVERYTHING outside and was getting brought down by 1st guy... Don't forget, when a RB like CJ down to the NFL, their WHOLE LIFE they dominated at EVERY level.... It was like tying to his shoes... see a bit of traffic, cut outside, turn corner and break a big play... in HS those plays went to TD's with regularity, at Clemson, same kinda thing... They speed of the game is just soooooo much faster in NFL and he HAD to learn to take what D gives u....

He is by far the most exciting player we have had in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time! Every game he was at least 2 WOW plays... Very humble kid, with GREAT work ethic, NEVER bitched about playing time and in this league you MUST have 2 starting caliber RB's... If we played a better team, or shall i say a REAL QB, Tannenhill is NOT gonna be a "player" in this league for long... He is JP Losman Jr. A&M is REALLY missing him arent they???? Johnny Football is winning games and putting up huge numbers while Tannenhill just lost games.... Did u guys watch "Hard Knocks"? The guy didnt even know WHAT DIVISIONS teams are in?????? ARE U KIDDING ME???? U PLAY IN THE NFL.. I DONT CARE IF U R A ROOKIE... MY 12 YR NEPHEW CAN TELL ME EVERY TEAM DIVISION BY DIVISION!

Anyways.. to close, CJ is a lethal weapon... Chan's play calling especially in red zone is beyond frustrating.. The fact Miami had FIFTY total yards in 1st half and we we didnt sniff the endzone O. I dont get why CJ doesnt even get on field in red zone.. He is much more physical than in years past and aside from that AWFUL fumble during home game vs Pats.. (SJ13 gave me 50 yard lines seats and i flew up from Fl for game and got to meet SJ13 saturday night! was AWESOME!). CJ should get touches in red zone as well.. Our lack of red zone efficiency would have KILLED us vs most teams last night... the fact we HAD to come out with not 1 but 2 stops on D in last few minutes is nuts... If Fitz cashes just 1 of those FG's into TD;s, the game would have been a JOKE..

GO BILLS!

RC

I love CJ, but honestly, I thought he had a pretty bad game last night - he really reverted to trying to take too many cuts.

Beyond what even Mayock was pointing out, I saw a bunch of cases where holes were there if he just ran straight ahead, but he got himself running sideways too often and waited too long to turn up field.

Disagree about having a bad game, Agree about trying to bounce it too often. But there were a couple occasions where he made a play out of nothing. Gaining 5 yards on a sure loss when getting hit in the backfield, the play with Dansby for example.

Edited by kobe808lak

I love CJ, but honestly, I thought he had a pretty bad game last night - he really reverted to trying to take too many cuts.

I know what you are saying. At times, you sort of have to wonder about his vision. No one is perfect, but there are times when CJ just seems out of synch with what's happening around him on the field. If his timing was as good as his pure speed, he'd be Barry Sanders on a rocket.

+1

I don't think the comparisons to Barry Sanders etc are out of line. Although I don't think he's got Barry's crazy moves, he's way faster. I think he's OJ or Gale Sayers. Or can be, at least.

I made the CJ/ Barry comparison about 4 weeks ago here, no one agreed with me. There are some differences, but there styles are

very similiar. I love the forearm shiver he laid on the defensive back with authority at the end of one of his long runs, he ran angry

last night.

I think if anything this proves how valuable Fred Jackson is. Spiller went from averaging 7.3 ypc to 4.1 ypc in this game. Yes, Spiller is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. But when Fred pounds the defense and then Spiller comes in for a change of pace, the defenses can't react to the change of speed and a fresh Spiller. Our running game is much more effective when both guys are healthy.

I like the moment before the half...where CJ wanted to go in and punch it in--but, Chan insisted on Choice staying in!

Now that I think about it, CJ was pulled everytime the Bills were in the RZ!

Every single time they were in the red zone. 4 FGs last night after they moved the ball between the 20s with no problems. Then to come away with 4 FGs. Ugh. What was the ONLY difference at those times? No CJ on the field when they were inside the red zone. Fwiw, he didn't make it onto the field much in 3rd down situations either. If they took CJ out of that many plays for Freddy I'd be fine with it. But it wasn't Freddy. It was Tashard FREAKING Choice.

I think if anything this proves how valuable Fred Jackson is. Spiller went from averaging 7.3 ypc to 4.1 ypc in this game. Yes, Spiller is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. But when Fred pounds the defense and then Spiller comes in for a change of pace, the defenses can't react to the change of speed and a fresh Spiller. Our running game is much more effective when both guys are healthy.

I dont think anyone ever doubted that. I dont recall anyone saying to bench Freddy. The issue is Spiller should be getting more than 9 carries a game when fred is healthy

I like the moment before the half...where CJ wanted to go in and punch it in--but, Chan insisted on Choice staying in!

Now that I think about it, CJ was pulled everytime the Bills were in the RZ!

I was yelling at the tv last night. Why was Choice in there on 3rd and 1 when we have CJ? Stupid Chan is out smarting himself again!

I think we missed FJax in the line up with getting the hard 1-3 yards. Perfect example would be in the last 2 mins of the 4th. FJax is a harder runner and I think could have picked up that first down. He provides the change of pase.

With that being said, I think CJ should be the number one and FJax should be used at the goal line and to pick up the 3rd and short.

Please pass me the salt, I'd like to eat me some crow. I was really against drafting cj but I' ve finally come around.

I'll eat some too, I bashed him his 1st year as a draft bust. What a pleasant surprise he has become.