Game ball byrd

MClem06

I loved watching Byrd play his position tonight. He was never caught out of position and closes so fast it's ridiculous. What a home run we got with him. I just hope the win is infectious and whatever that last 5 game stretch funk was is hopefully gone. I did not think we finished our drives well and again there were a few questionable play calls especially that 3rd and one on their side of the field... Don't get cute, use the guy that averages 7 yards a carry...

Edited by MClem06

Byrd demonstrated why he is an elite FS tonight, and why he should be a priority of the Bills FO to lock him up for several years.

I was trolling on a few other boards today...Colts and Pats fans think their teams should pony up huge $$ to land Byrd in free agency. They think the guy is an awesome player...

Buddy better lock him up.

Jeremy White said something pretty good this morning. Someone called the whiner line and said "Why is our best player not on the field when we are in the Red Zone?" and he correctly pointed out "Because Jairus Byrd plays defense".

They should have signed him last offseason - would have been way cheaper for them.

The other cool thing was how he ran down the field after the INT and saluted the troops in attendance.

You are forgetting the Bills fans "Damned if you do, Damned if you dont" policy, where IF we would have signed Byrd earlier, people would have been squawking this entire season that "he hasnt lived up to his contract, Buddy made a mistake again, and we should have waited until after the season to keep him motivated for the money".

Where has he been all season?

Have you been watching this year? He's been a top 5 safety. He definitely needs to be a priority. That said, they can franchise tag him as a safety and it only cost $6 million. Then, they can work on a longer deal. Byrd will definitely be a Bill next year. The Byrd is a ball hawk.

You are forgetting the Bills fans "Damned if you do, Damned if you dont" policy, where IF we would have signed Byrd earlier, people would have been squawking this entire season that "he hasnt lived up to his contract, Buddy made a mistake again, and we should have waited until after the season to keep him motivated for the money".

True story.

Have you been watching this year? He's been a top 5 safety. He definitely needs to be a priority. That said, they can franchise tag him as a safety and it only cost $6 million. Then, they can work on a longer deal. Byrd will definitely be a Bill next year. The Byrd is a ball hawk.

Yeah...every snap of every game.

I believe his second interception in Arizona set up the game winning field goal

Exactly, the guy has played 2 good games this season....Arizona and now Miami. I love Byrd, but other than those two games, he's been virtually invisible.