Thursday Game will dictate the rest of our season

Virgil

With the way the team played on the road against the Pats, CJ getting full carries, and a primetime game at the Ralph, I'm actually expecting a convincing win. We all know that the rest of our schedule is much easier than the first half.

I'm calling my shot here. I'm saying we win by at least 10 and thus begins a streak where we finish 5-2.

However, I'm also going to say that if we lose, it will start a domino effect that gives us a top 5 pick.

Edited by Derek in Va

The only way, in my opinion, the Bills have a chance at the wild card is if Pitt or Indy lose the next three games. And we win all three. Which at that point we control our own way. I do think its possible for Indy to lose since they play NE, Bills, and the Lions.

The problem with that statement is the Bills actually WINNING.

I like what I saw against NE on Sunday from our offense, if they can keep it up, stay confident and have the D step up..we could get on a roll..We are capable of scoring, and it is possible to get hot at the right time-You never know...If we lose this one to arookie QB, a rookie coach at home-Turn out the lights.

Im excited for Thursday...

Dolphins 38 Bills 17

Word is out, folks. We have a QB and a HC who fold like origami under pressure. Also, by refusing to blitz, Wanny puts this D out there to be completely disrespected. Tomorrow night will make Gailey 2-14 within our division since taking the reigns from Dick Jauron. It sounds dismal, but it's actually OK. I approve of anything that gets this regime closer to the (figurative) guillotine.

GO BILLS! -(New QB, and regime in 2013!)

I predict we'll have a decent run over the next 7 games. Something like 4-3 or 5-2. Just enough to not make the playoffs, and just enough to have a "bad" draft pick. Just enough to save Chan's job, and maybe even Wannstedt's.

Also, it will prompt Ralph's annual state of the franchise jibbersh when he says "we just need better players".

I predict we'll have a decent run over the next 7 games. Something like 4-3 or 5-2. Just enough to not make the playoffs, and just enough to have a "bad" draft pick. Just enough to save Chan's job, and maybe even Wannstedt's.

Chan's job is already safe; Buddy cleared that up a week or so ago. Wannstedt is another story; there will be pressure to make a change if the defense does not improve over the second half of the season. I'd even be ok with promoting an assistant from within to maintain some continuity, if that person brings creativity and energy to the job. Do we have any up-and-comers on the D coaching staff?

The Bills 2012 season was over at halftime of the Jets game. The first half showed that everything we were using to evaluate the team -- Mario Williams, Dave Wannstedt, Fitz's improvements under David Lee, etc. -- were illusions. I turned the game off at the half and have barely watched any part of any game since.

Oh, and for those of you hoping the Bills get a high pick they can use to grab a "franchise QB," I for one do not see one coming out of college this year. Maybe in next year or the year after, but not this year.

Chan's job is already safe; Buddy cleared that up a week or so ago. Wannstedt is another story; there will be pressure to make a change if the defense does not improve over the second half of the season. I'd even be ok with promoting an assistant from within to maintain some continuity, if that person brings creativity and energy to the job. Do we have any up-and-comers on the D coaching staff?

Yes, but the owner called Gailey and let him know he wasn't happy with the losing...after Nix gave him a 2 year endorsement.

Who is to say Nix is safe?

Yea, Wannstedt should already have been gone at the bye week

Unfortunately, the Tennessee game dictated the rest of our season. Bad loss at home to a bad team required us to beat either Houston or New England on the road to keep some semblance of hope about making the post-season. Didn't happen. See ya' next year.

Most Bills fans just can't grasp how bad the defense is... they are not just 31st or worst in the NFL against the run, which they are. This years defense with supposed better players and a healthy Kyle Williams has already set NFL records for being bad.

Dick Jauron or George Edwards at least they had excuses for a lousy defense as they had so many injuries year after year. This is not really the case with Wannstedt, he is simply the worst ever DC in the entire history of the franchise

I'm calling my shot here. I'm saying we win by at least 10 and thus begins a streak where we finish 5-2.

However, I'm also going to say that if we lose, it will start a domino effect that gives us a top 5 pick.

Wow. When I read the post title I thought it said that Thursday's game would dictate the rest of our lives.

Glad I re-read it.

Are there any other shots you wanna call as long as you're making some bold predictions?

:)

Yes, but the owner called Gailey and let him know he wasn't happy with the losing...after Nix gave him a 2 year endorsement.

Who is to say Nix is safe?

Yea, Wannstedt should already have been gone at the bye week

Dick Jauron or George Edwards at least they had excuses for a lousy defense as they had so many injuries year after year. This is not really the case with Wannstedt, he is simply the worst ever DC in the entire history of the franchise

Last year Wannakrap was "assistant head coach" After a poor (but better defense than this year) The fans called for and received Edwards head.

But, I believe Wannakrap had a bigger part in that defense last year, than any of those southern hicks will admit too. If he survives past 1/2/13. It should be a felony.

For stealing Ralphs money.

I believe Wannakrap had a bigger part in that defense last year, than any of those southern hicks will admit too. If he survives past 1/2/13. It should be a felony.

For stealing Ralphs money.

Or an alternative view, if some incompetent wants to throw money at you, take what life sends you.

After all, how many incompetent coaches do the "honorable thing" and return the money?