I love our qb!

DocLawless

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not. I want him to be good, if not great, but he consistently shows inconsistency. He cannot make all the throws, which limits us.

Look, I like the guy. I loved when he got in that pos Spikes' face. However I, like many, fully expected him to eff up that last drive. That's not what I want in a QB. If he starts winning in those last minute opportunities, I'm all in. I just don't see it happening.

A good assessment I think of how most people feel. I really want him to be good, but he seems to be a 2nd string QB at best. That said, a good HC would realize this and call plays to put the QB in a good position to win. Cower did it when Big Ben was a rookie, Trent Freaking Dilfer went to a SB. If we had a head coach who could call plays, Fitz could be a "game manager" which he would excel at, and we'd have a much better record. Would also help if we had ANY NFL caliber starting LB's. Teo Time!!!

A good assessment I think of how most people feel. I really want him to be good, but he seems to be a 2nd string QB at best. That said, a good HC would realize this and call plays to put the QB in a good position to win. Cower did it when Big Ben was a rookie, Trent Freaking Dilfer went to a SB. If we had a head coach who could call plays, Fitz could be a "game manager" which he would excel at, and we'd have a much better record. Would also help if we had ANY NFL caliber starting LB's. Teo Time!!!

good points. The 2012 Bills' defense and the Steelers and Ravens' SB defenses are very similar. :nana:

i like the guy also, if he was playing the role of Frank Reich.

60 million dollar men get paid to make the type of plays he fitzed up to win the game.

good try good effort, but ultimately its just another L, every non bills fan I know called that INT at my local sports bar.

as my man Bob Segar said "here I am, on the road again, there i go,TURN THE PAGE".

Edited by Ryan L Billz

bottom line is: regardless of stats or what else happened in the game. We've had 2 recent opportunities to win a game (Tenn and NE) and Fitz could not come through. If we are going to beat NE regularly, we need a QB who can compete on an even level with Brady if we want to win.

Fitz is a good enough QB for this team to win. Give us a decent defense and we are in the playoff hunt. That is not to say we should not draft or acquire a QB if one is available.

bottom line is: regardless of stats or what else happened in the game. We've had 2 recent opportunities to win a game (Tenn and NE) and Fitz could not come through. If we are going to beat NE regularly, we need a QB who can compete on an even level with Brady if we want to win.

We were able to put up 30+ points in both games, that should be enough to win. If we want to beat NE or any team for that matter, we need a better defense.

I think Fitz is so close to being that guy, but he keeps coming up small when we need him the most. I'm less concerned than others when it comes to his arm strength. I think it's actually ok. He threw some lasers against the Pats.

He needs a game winning drive in the worst way though. I honestly believed last Sunday was going to be that breakthrough until that inexplicable interception ended the game.

Throwing with good velocity /accuracy has been a problem in the past, but now Ryan Fitzpatrick has adjusted to his change in mechanics, its not so much of a problem any more going by the last three outings.

I've been one of Fitzys toughest critics over the last few years and doing a 180 on my future expectations is because Fitz is throwing that good.

I've never seen him throw better then he did against the Pats...

That was one of the best QBd games

I've seen for the Bills in a long time.

Glad to see someone else thinks this, as well. Thought I was crazy continuing to read the crap thrown at Fitz on here

If our defense played at just a mediocre level this year, we would be 5-4, in second place, and in the thick of the playoff run.

Fitz is a capable stopgap. He's a leader, but he can't be expected to put up 30-plus points a game.

We shouldn't have to put up 30 plus points per game. We need a defense that can stop people.

That was one of the best QBd games

I've seen for the Bills in a long time.

Glad to see someone else thinks this, as well. Thought I was crazy continuing to read the crap thrown at Fitz on here

he finished the game with as many turnovers as TDs and had the ball in his hands with an oppty to win the game and could not get the job done. Time after time he shows that he is just not quite good enough.

The Patriots fans are probably saying "31 points should be enough to win" but sometimes it isn't. Like I said before, I understand that the defense is not good enough and that 31 points is about the best we can expect from a Fitz lead offense, but to me, that is irrelevant. Either we fix the entire defense or we find 1 great QB. Fitz is not it. Have Tom Brady switch uniforms for our final drive and I am pretty confident that he gets the ball in the end zone and the Bills win. Whether it is fair or not, our QB needs to be good enough to beat Tom Brady. Brady is going to put up around 30 point almost every time we play them. We need to do the same and we need to close out games when we have the chance. And don't forget that it was Fitz who fumbles on the opening drive of the game and basically spotted NE a touchdown.

HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..

I have to admit that I stopped watching the NE game after the Pats went up 10-0. After that beginning I expected to read about a blowout. I would like to see Fitz throwing the ball well but I don't know if I could enjoy watching a rewind of the game knowing how tragicly it ends.

I can't help but like Ryan as a person when you watch interviews with him. He just comes accross as a genuinely modest, intelligent, good guy. I always want good people to excel, so it has been tough to watch him lose game after game as a Bill. One of you mentioned in this thread that he is now getting used to his new mechanics and is throwing the ball with more accuracy and velocity. I hope you are right in that assessment...it would be great to see him succeed.

I will be tuning in to watch the Thursday night game. Go Fitz and go Bills.

We are the only fans in the world who loves a QB that has a starting record for their favorite team...of 18-31!

18-31 starting record for one team is appalling!

If he losses this weekend to another AFC East opponent--you have to realize--he would be 2-14 vs. the AFC East in 3 years

You can't reach the playoffs without division wins

Edited by KollegeStudnet

i like the guy also, if he was playing the role of Frank Reich.

60 million dollar men get paid to make the type of plays he fitzed up to win the game.

good try good effort, but ultimately its just another L, every non bills fan I know called that INT at my local sports bar.

as my man Bob Segar said "here I am, on the road again, there i go,TURN THE PAGE".

Who the hell is Bob Segar?

We are the only fans in the world who loves a QB that has a starting record for their favorite team...of 18-31!

18-31 starting record for one team is appalling!

If he losses this weekend to another AFC East opponent--you have to realize--he would be 2-14 vs. the AFC East in 3 years

You can't reach the playoffs without division wins

I understand your frustration, but it is not Fitzpatrick that is 18-31 and 2-14. It is the Bills. Putting those records on one player, even a QB, is ignoring the facts. Look at all the losing seasons OJ Simpson had with the Bills, but you'd have to agree he was one of the best runningbacks of all time. Now, obviously Fitz is not the OJ of QBs by any stretch, but it takes an extraordinary QB to win with a poor supporting cast. I think Fitz is a good QB but needs a good team around him to be successful. He is not a superstar who can carry a poor team on his back (like maybe Payton Manning).

Who the hell is Bob Segar?

he was on full house, he wrote jingles with his brothers for extra cash

Robert Clark "Bob" Seger is an American rock and roll singer-songwriter, guitarist and pianist. As a locally successful Detroit-area artist, he performed and recorded as Bob Seger and the Last Heard and Bob Seger System throughout the 1960s.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I understand your frustration, but it is not Fitzpatrick that is 18-31 and 2-14. It is the Bills. Putting those records on one player, even a QB, is ignoring the facts. Look at all the losing seasons OJ Simpson had with the Bills, but you'd have to agree he was one of the best runningbacks of all time. Now, obviously Fitz is not the OJ of QBs by any stretch, but it takes an extraordinary QB to win with a poor supporting cast. I think Fitz is a good QB but needs a good team around him to be successful. He is not a superstar who can carry a poor team on his back (like maybe Payton Manning).

My frustration stems from the fact he is 18-31 as a Bills starter.

He has been the issue in multiple games of throwing away the game and was the MVP in 2011 for throwing INT's.

He has issues in a 2 minute drill.

He has issues in managing a football game and lacks the decision making to overcome being down by a touchdown or two.

He is hardly in the news of rallying the troops in the locker room/sidelines as a leader.

He really cant throw the ball over 30 yards accuratley.

It is further enhanced by the fact, he is 2-13 in 3 years vs. the AFC East.

The Fitzpatrick era will be over in 7 games!

I understand your view, but he is not a rookie...he doesn't deserve another shot.

He has been here since 2009!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Fitz is a great guy and a leader in the locker room. He's not an elite NFL QB but he isn't garbage either. Most of his stats are in the middle of the NFL QB pack. If we had a better D we'd be 5-4 or 6-3 right now.

PTR

And that is the bottom line PTR, don't understand how people can't comprehend that.