Not hearing much confidence from these players heading into today

Coach Tuesday

Anyone else struck by the lack of positive commentary from the players this past week? It's a divisional game, the team is mathematically alive, and you'd think they would at least be talking about how it's an important game, they feel good and confident, they've practiced well, they're focused, etc. Stuff we've heard all season, I know, but that's just it - for whatever reason, I haven't heard it this week, from the players OR Chan.

What gives?

Perhaps the issue is that against Houston, they finally went and executed the gameplan pretty successfully - and still got pounded. Maybe they finally realized that they don't have the talent (players or coaches) to match up with the big boys. If that's the case, we'll see it pretty quickly on the field today, because it means they've given up.

Alternatively, maybe it's the opposite - they feel confident and focused to the point where they don't need to talk about it to psyche themselves up. I hope it's this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyhow today should be interesting. If things completely unravel (like I think they will), it could be a real turning point. Ralph might prefer to be patient with Nix and Chan and not blow everything up again - but if they give up 10 touchdowns to Brady & Co. and run for the bus by halftime, he may feel like he has no choice. We'll see.

Go Bills?

im generally a very optimistic fan but today feels it feels like a dead team walking. hope im wrong but i think its going to be another epic horse whipping

Given the last decade plus of this series, how could you feel otherwise?

I think that the meltdown against the Titans, the comeback blowout against Pats hurt player confidence - but last week against Houston was a killer - the defense played a good game, but still couldn't stop the Texans when it mattered, while the offense was able to move the ball, but couldn't score - very deflating - like the team finally realized that there is a huge separation between them and the best teams in the league.

The players should believe this game is their Super Bowl -- win or else. Every game from here on out should be that way, at least the next two games, because two more divisional losses and this season is officially over. Anything less is unacceptable.