First Album you ever bought.

boyst

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schony - Jim Schoenfeld

My sister had that that first day it was released. First , I did not only buy one album first out, but I got 7!!! All for a penny!

Can't remember for sure what was in the lot, but I know these were

Yes Songs

Love at the Greek

Closer to the Heart

Deep Purple Machine Head. My sister owned Made in Japan which I listened to until the needle wore through. That album is the main reason I joined a band.

Deep Purple, the world's loudest band. From Wiki:

Deep Purple held the record and were recognized by The Guinness Book of World Records as the "globe's loudest band" when in a concert at the London Rainbow Theatre their sound reached 117 dB. Three of their audience members were rendered unconscious.

Out!@#$ingstanding!!

1. Kiss---Dressed to Kill.

2. Billy Joel---Glass Houses

I bought them at the same time.....

Two?!?! What, were you !@#$ing rich?

Deep Purple Machine Head. My sister owned Made in Japan which I listened to until the needle wore through. That album is the main reason I joined a band.

Deep Purple, the world's loudest band. From Wiki:

Out!@#$ingstanding!!

Two?!?! What, were you !@#$ing rich?

LOL. Not really. Parents were actually well below 'average income.' Mom had a great rule. If I wanted something....I had to pay for half. I saved the 'snow shoveling' cash for the entire first album myself and she bought me the other.

LOL. Not really. Parents were actually well below 'average income.' Mom had a great rule. If I wanted something....I had to pay for half. I saved the 'snow shoveling' cash for the entire first album myself and she bought me the other.

Before I was Chef Jim or even short order cook Jim I was dishwasher Jim at my dad's restaurant at a very young age. I always had money and never went halvsies with my parents. I can hear it now.

Me: Can I get $10

Mom: Why?

Me: Well I need a bag of weed and it costs $20

Before I was Chef Jim or even short order cook Jim I was dishwasher Jim at my dad's restaurant at a very young age. I always had money and never went halvsies with my parents. I can hear it now.

i was smart enough to say, im a growing boy, and i need more lunch money :D

Psssh.... I bet half these are half truths at best. I'm on to JW and his early ABBA phase.

I admit I also had LP's by the Monkees and Tommy James, but they were not my first!

Mom: Then by a dime bag, with the $10 you have. :w00t:

My first CD was Rush's Power Windows. I didn't even own a CD player at that time but a friend bought it for me.

After I (my kids would say FINALLY) bought a CD player, I bought two CDs at the same time: Santana - Abraxas, and Tchaikovski - 1812 Overture

Edited by rockpile

Mom: Then by a dime bag, with the $10 you have. :w00t:

Reminds me of the blizzard of '77. I was 15 and even then I was a planner. Went out before it hit and bought a carton of smokes. After a few days my mom is jonesing for a smoke and asks if I had any cigarettes. I said no. Another day or so passes and she said "you lied to me, I was cleaning your room and found a carton of smokes under your bed." Damn......busted. But waaaaaaaiiiiiiit a minute. Cleaning my room? She NEVER cleaned my room seeing I was a neat freak. So who's busted now?

Reminds me of the blizzard of '77. I was 15 and even then I was a planner. Went out before it hit and bought a carton of smokes. After a few days my mom is jonesing for a smoke and asks if I had any cigarettes. I said no. Another day or so passes and she said "you lied to me, I was cleaning your room and found a carton of smokes under your bed." Damn......busted. But waaaaaaaiiiiiiit a minute. Cleaning my room? She NEVER cleaned my room seeing I was a neat freak. So who's busted now?

Pfft. Planner? Blizzard of 77 I had chains on my 67 mustang and drove people around Buffalo and they BOUGHT my smokes.

Relating the Blizzard of '77 to album purchases, I bought Kiss Rock and Roll Over, Pink Floyd Animals, and Ted Nugent Free For All at the brand new Record Theatre just before the event and spent much quality time snowed in listening to them.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ