Krauthammer Blames the Campaign

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a answer. What are the groups I mentioned [anyone not a hated old white male] specific agendas? Do you have a answer?

it is an answer. just not the one you wanted...so you chaged the question. but, i'll answer the new one: i think many of those in the lower socioeconomic groups, which includes a disproportionate number of people of color but also many whites) want tax laws that don't let the wealthy pay a percentage of income less than the middle class. and many think they should pay more.

taxation policies are in no way skin/color agnostic anymore than economic stratification is. energy and foreign policy? sure, to a large extent i agree.

Using Latino and Black as proxy for "economic stratification" is what many on your side refer to as soft racism. No?

Sure did. Love my country for giving me that opportunity. Now, I'm in Graduate School with loans, working full time (with another interview today), living on my own and feeling great. I'm ready to become one of the "givers".

You live on your own? Man for a lib that is pretty cool. And you get interviews? Awsome dude.

Krauthammer is mostly right. If you believe the Republican party is in trouble or that the country is in trouble, then you must believe the Dems will win again in 2016. I just don't see it. 4 more years of Obama governance, Obama/Dem fatigue, and the GOP choosing a more "diverse" candidate like Rubio should lead to a landslide win in 2016. The Dems basically have no chance if the GOP takes back some Latinos and women, which they will do with the right candidate.

Krauthammer is mostly right. If you believe the Republican party is in trouble or that the country is in trouble, then you must believe the Dems will win again in 2016. I just don't see it. 4 more years of Obama governance, Obama/Dem fatigue, and the GOP choosing a more "diverse" candidate like Rubio should lead to a landslide win in 2016. The Dems basically have no chance if the GOP takes back some Latinos and women, which they will do with the right candidate.

When was the last time they chose the right candidate?

He's not wrong, and he's right to be sore. Elections have consequences. My personal tax rate is up 30% thismorning, so the first thing I did today was tell my housekeeper and gardener that they will either also agree to work for 30% less or they will not have jobs with me anymore. The gardener is staying on, the housekeeper argued and was dismissed from service.

Sure, you have a housekeeper and gardener, yet you don't comprehend that nobody's tax rate went up overnight? Or that IF marginal rates eventually go up it would not be anywhere near a 30% increase? Or that the progressive rate sytem only taxes the amount OVER a certain threshold of income at the higher rate bracket? It always amazes me that so MANY of the top earners in America sit around on a chat room for a losing football team from one of the smaller and poorer cities in the nation. What is wrong with this picture? Why do I get the impression that so many who spew the conservative drivel on this site are actually sitting around a studio rent controlled apartment in their underwear posting to this board in between bouts of Madden? That is statistically more likely than the supposed movers, shakers, and power brokers frequenting this board. But whatever. I voted for Obama, not so much for what he is, but for NOT being Romney. The GOP needs to forget about silly, outdtaed religious diatribe and focus singularly on fixing the economy. Until they drop their insatiable desire to tell others what to do with their personal lives,with things like who can get married to whom, success at the polls will elude them. The folks in the middle, the independents, simply are alarmed at their hoelessly out of touch agenda to make everyone into "good little christians". it is truly sickening. Leave Roe V Wade alone, forget fighting Gay marriage, and move to single payer health care like every other developed nation to unsaddle our businesses from being providers of health insurance. Simple. But they just don't get it. Did you see that maniac Akin's concession speech, errr sermon? Scary stuff? That guy should be locked up. And though most in the Repub party tried to hush him up, the sad fact is they probably (secretly) agree with him.

Sure, you have a housekeeper and gardener, yet you don't comprehend that nobody's tax rate went up overnight? Or that IF marginal rates eventually go up it would not be anywhere near a 30% increase? Or that the progressive rate sytem only taxes the amount OVER a certain threshold of income at the higher rate bracket? It always amazes me that so MANY of the top earners in America sit around on a chat room for a losing football team from one of the smaller and poorer cities in the nation. What is wrong with this picture? Why do I get the impression that so many who spew the conservative drivel on this site are actually sitting around a studio rent controlled apartment in their underwear posting to this board in between bouts of Madden? That is statistically more likely than the supposed movers, shakers, and power brokers frequenting this board. But whatever. I voted for Obama, not so much for what he is, but for NOT being Romney. The GOP needs to forget about silly, outdtaed religious diatribe and focus singularly on fixing the economy. Until they drop their insatiable desire to tell others what to do with their personal lives,with things like who can get married to whom, success at the polls will elude them. The folks in the middle, the independents, simply are alarmed at their hoelessly out of touch agenda to make everyone into "good little christians". it is truly sickening. Leave Roe V Wade alone, forget fighting Gay marriage, and move to single payer health care like every other developed nation to unsaddle our businesses from being providers of health insurance. Simple. But they just don't get it. Did you see that maniac Akin's concession speech, errr sermon? Scary stuff? That guy should be locked up. And though most in the Repub party tried to hush him up, the sad fact is they probably (secretly) agree with him.

i have no idea about the truth of the first few sentences but i wonder the same thing. doesn't really matter. madden and underwear or not, i'm pretty certain almost everyone here votes. and everyones vote is worth the same ( despite "citizen's united" which seemed a nonissue yesterday).the last few sentences are right on, imo. unfortunately, i don't see single payor happening soon despite the results yesterday. don't have to watch akin. i know more than a few folks just like him personally. gay marriage issue is quite interesting. mark shields commented last night that it was only a decade ago that howard dean took this on in vermont and was thought crazy to do it. now, it seems a sizable number of folks, and possibly a majority, agree with his stance. it's actually a winning issue for dems.

Paragraphs please.

jeez

I think it was Krauthammer who also mentioned that Republicans went nuts with the Jesus thang and the social conservatism and got away from the fiscal conservatism. That's when I stopped voting for them. He also mentioned the need to collaborate.

That's what the people want. The GOP hallmark is now crazy wacko nutjobs like Akin, Palin, etc. People don't want that. They also don't want to spend money invading foreign countries.

The GOP has a definite issue with its brand. Right now it's very negative. They need to re-examine what they stand for.

I think it was Krauthammer who also mentioned that Republicans went nuts with the Jesus thang and the social conservatism and got away from the fiscal conservatism. That's when I stopped voting for them. He also mentioned the need to collaborate.

That's what the people want. The GOP hallmark is now crazy wacko nutjobs like Akin, Palin, etc. People don't want that. They also don't want to spend money invading foreign countries.

The GOP has a definite issue with its brand. Right now it's very negative. They need to re-examine what they stand for.

Not for nothing, but you people (libs) love to preach this crap, but then elect Liz Warren and Alan Grayson.

The only problem the GOP has with its brand is that it lets the left define it with crazy stuff like "the GOP hates [everyone!!!]" and refuses to push back on that bull ****.

Edited by RkFast

And for the record, I voted AGAINST my own best interests. I'm as close to a 1%-er as anyone on this board. Heck, I might BE one. But I sure didn't start that way, and I believe everyone should have the chance to improve their lot in life. I do not mind paying more taxes if it will help reduce the debt and somehow benefit people. Just don't throw it away on bombs and stuff. We have enough.

Not for nothing, but you people (libs) love to preach this crap, but then elect Liz Warren and Alan Grayson.

The only problem the GOP has with its brand is that it lets the left define it with crazy stuff like "the GOP hates [everyone!!!]" and refuses to push back on that bull ****.

"You people". Says it all. Glad to you that with you, time still stands still.

And for the record, I voted AGAINST my own best interests. I'm as close to a 1%-er as anyone on this board. Heck, I might BE one. But I sure didn't start that way, and I believe everyone should have the chance to improve their lot in life. I do not mind paying more taxes if it will help reduce the debt and somehow benefit people. Just don't throw it away on bombs and stuff. We have enough.

If you want I could help you lower your tax bill through some offshore investments.

Oh good Lord, stop. I said "you people" and then put in parens who I was talking about to make the distinction. Is that term "offensive now".....like "peanut butter and jelly" and "apartment?"

Get over yourself.

Edited by RkFast

And credits the Obama campaign.

Especially since he exits polls show the people largely favor "smaller government". :blink: (Then why did you vote for Obama?)

He's hanging this on Romney running a bad campaign. Taking an extreme position on immigration, saying somebody else could have done better with Latinos.

Should have buried Obama with Libya and kept attacking instead of backing off for the last 2 debates...too conservative.

Basically he's saying that the Republicans don't have to change their views on much...just do a better job explaining them.

Who thinks that's right?

First, I don't think 90% of Americans had any idea what the deal was with Libya.. its sad, but I am sure internal polls/ intel led the Romney campaign to abondaon talking about Libya because it didn't sway the needle...

The GOP is in a pinch, idealogically.

You have a country where a growing number of citizens feel that it is ok that that illegal immigrant flow across the border as they please, for the most part. the Republican stance has been to secure the borders of this country. How do you reconcile that position, when the other major political party will smear you for doing that the Federal Government is ennumerrated to do, and it do it convincingly? Do you ease you position on Immigration? Do you abandon your principles and duties?

Additonally the GOP is probably going to have to re-think their position on some social issues if they really want to be the party of small government. Abortion- I know they will never change their minds about it, I don't disgaree with their position, but they may have to stop talking overturn R v. W and other womens choice issue, or at least may them less central in their campaign... also on the Gay Marriage front, alot more people in the country are becoming acepting of the notion of two homo's getting married- it is hard to appeal to that growing segment of the populcation when the party of small government is talkign about amedning the Consititution to define marriage.

To me, the GOP needs to get back to brass tacks- it might behoove them to adopt a Libertarian stance on some social issues, therby not condoning but not intruding, and get back to convincing the American People, and there are lot of them out there, that a reduction in size and scope of the Government is what we need to do to survivie and thrive....

it is an answer. just not the one you wanted...so you chaged the question. but, i'll answer the new one: i think many of those in the lower socioeconomic groups, which includes a disproportionate number of people of color but also many whites) want tax laws that don't let the wealthy pay a percentage of income less than the middle class. and many think they should pay more.

Do you really think most people of color[your term] voted Obama over tax's laws? Damn you've got your head stuck in the sand,