im Numb / Emotionless

TheBackupQB

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a 40 year die hard. with the score 14-6, i went out to rake leaves and mow 1 final time this year. it never occurred to me the bills might pull it out. i didn't give a **** if they did. they suck and i have literally ZERO expectation they'll ever be good while they are in buffalo.

since the big swan dive last year i put the games on and then, most weeks, gradually turn my attention to something more interesting. like...hm, what is my neighbor throwing in his burning barrel? or maybe rearranging the crap in our garage.

but ralph wilson is definitely in the hall of fame.

I bought tickets to dolphins game before the season started now I dont even feel like going I could care less about this team. They have no heart

This.

Bought really nice seats, booked my flight back in July, and was just thrilled for my first ever night game after 30 + day games at The Ralph. Now the only reason i'm looking forward to it is hanging at Hammer's Lot and partying with the TBDers (not that that's a bad thing, but it's not worth $750!). We suck.

I had tryouts for my boys U16 soccer team. Didn't watch the game. Don't intend to. I have it recorded, but I'll probably just delete it. Not worth my time. Still love my Bills, but don't see the point in watching another poor performance that happened yesterday.

I've turned into Captain Barbossa:

" For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh".

That's pretty much my Sunday as a Bills fan.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

The better team won. No shame in that. The Bills are just not a good football team and a 3-5 record halfway thru teh season seems about right.

+1

I don't know what people are expecting here. We are who we are. We're not going to beat Houston or New England this week. But we're not going to get swept by the Dolphins or Jets either.

It certainly is a disappointing season, but this team is going to probably end up where it should end up-- right around 6-8 wins.

+1

I don't know what people are expecting here. We are who we are. We're not going to beat Houston or New England this week. But we're not going to get swept by the Dolphins or Jets either.

It certainly is a disappointing season, but this team is going to probably end up where it should end up-- right around 6-8 wins.

I don't know JR, sweeps by the Dolphins and Jets are not out of the realm of possibility.

Was anyone else confused as to why Chan argued with the ref to change the time clock from 2 seconds to 9 seconds and then kick a FG anyway?

Even the commentators said with 9 seconds left you take 1 shot at the endzone.

CBF

Probably had second thoughts about having Fitz go to the endzone with the D aware that's what was going to happen.

Maybe he flashed back to the bad decision late INT the game before.

This was the first game I was devoid of emotion. I didnt feel anything. I half heartedly anticipated our team to be inept at all levels, incapable of scoring a touchdown. Watching the most productive RB in the league have 6 carries, watch our QB unable to complete a pass that travels farther than 15 yds in the air, our secondary get torched, our LBs out of position, giving up chunks of running yards, a scared and confused coaching staff that doesn't have the answers and doesn't know how to fix the problems.

The worst part about everything is I totally bought into the offseason hype just like I have every other year. I'm so sick of this.

Congrats TC welcome to the club. Honestly it's not bad, it's actually nice after a while to be a numb bills fan. Just watch the game, see who plays well don't worry about winning or who plays bad, and enjoy the rest of the league. If you have something else to do, you can just go do it also. This is the way, the brave new way. Actually it's just the old way coming back, but it's better than what most of us were doing the first few games.

I TIVO'd the game, went and played golf with my buddies, watched the replays of the positive stuff, ignored the rest and then deleted the recording. Only way to watch the Bills. Sad that its come to that, but life goes on.

Everyone pencilled this game as a loss at the beginning of the season. The killer was Tenn. Now New England becomes a make or break game. They pull off the upset on the road and the playoffs are a real possibility. They could run the table after New England. Don't give up hope just yet.

No way in Hades the Bills come out of N.E. with less than a 15-20 point loss. They are simply man for man so much better than the Bills. Brady will completely shred the D. They will come up to stop the run this game and Gronk, Welker, Hernandez and Lloyd will have a field day. Brady at least 4 TD day. No way I'm even watching this one.

This was the first game I was devoid of emotion. I didnt feel anything. I half heartedly anticipated our team to be inept at all levels, incapable of scoring a touchdown. Watching the most productive RB in the league have 6 carries, watch our QB unable to complete a pass that travels farther than 15 yds in the air, our secondary get torched, our LBs out of position, giving up chunks of running yards, a scared and confused coaching staff that doesn't have the answers and doesn't know how to fix the problems.

The worst part about everything is I totally bought into the offseason hype just like I have every other year. I'm so sick of this.

Me too. It wouldn't even bother me if they move to LA. I'd stop following them and wasting all this time. Love to see Ralph's bluff called too: you won't commit to the area and lift this cloud over the teams head, FU there's no deal here then. Take a buffalo bid off the table and maybe cost his precious heirs a hundred million in sale price. It's so obnoxious how he's holding bills fan hostage like this.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Knowing our luck, after New England they'll win two games and give us a glimmer of hope (and lose a decent draft pick) then lose two games, then for no reason at all win out just because they hate us. 8-8 The front office calls it a major milestone for rebuilding and something to build on next year when it does absolutely nothing for us. Not good enough draft pick, not near wild card.

Hence my handle, 8-8 Forever. I really believe in what you posted. This is the Bills franchise. Competitive, hang in there. Fans party in the lot 7 times a year and have a good time. Ralph collects 50% of the gate for every game home and away plus a free $100m+ in TV money for doing nothing but having a team on the field . Just chunkin' away like the Kansas City Royals or the Denver Nuggets. Competitive, but get nowhere.

Me too. It wouldn't even bother me if they move to LA. I'd stop following them and wasting all this time. Love to see Ralph's bluff called too: you won't commit to the area and lift this cloud over the teams head, FU there's no deal here then. Take a buffalo bid off the table and maybe cost his precious heirs a hundred million in sale price. It's so obnoxious how he's holding bills fan hostage like this.

In L.A. they become a winning franchise IMO. Big time money, big time players and big time coaching would come to town with a reasonably good group of players built by Nix. L.A. , Chargers, Raiders, Broncos in the West, Move the Chiefs in with Indy/Houston/Titans and move Jags to the AFC East where they belong. Really pretty easy.

+1

I could definately see us getting swept by the Dolphins & Jets. The Dolphins are a better team then us & the Jets may suck just as much as us woth just as bad of a QB but Rex Ryan seems to have our number.

Probably had second thoughts about having Fitz go to the endzone with the D aware that's what was going to happen.

Maybe he flashed back to the bad decision late INT the game before.

He did probably have some thoughts about taking one last chance in the endzone but then thought better of it remembering anything over 10 yards Fitz can't hit the broad side of a barn.