Over / Under Houston Rushing Yards Sunday

Bronc24

All ridiculousness aside, a legitimate o/u for Houston's rushing yards is probably around 150 -- slightly better than their average YTD to account for Buffalo's shoddy play.

I'll take the under -- I do believe the Bills have some pride and the bye week will have helped. Houston should still win the game because their defense will force Fitz into a couple of stupid turnovers, but it will be closer than most expect.

I'm telling you, guys, this is the NFL. Just when you think there's a no-brainer out there, something happens. Look at Atlanta v. Oakland three weeks ago, the Jets at NE* two weeks ago, or Jacksonville v. Green Bay last week. All were the biggest spreads of the weekend; two went to OT and Jax had the ball down six with 3:00 to go.

I'm telling you, guys, this is the NFL. Just when you think there's a no-brainer out there, something happens. Look at Atlanta v. Oakland three weeks ago, the Jets at NE* two weeks ago, or Jacksonville v. Green Bay last week. All were the biggest spreads of the weekend; two went to OT and Jax had the ball down six with 3:00 to go.

Now THAT's being "optimistically objective".

I don't see Schaub going off since they will most likely have a secure lead by half way through the 2nd quarter, and will be running 70% of snaps. Defense doesn't allow a big one necessarily, but just spend too much time on the field and swoon towards the end. Longest run of the day allowed is 23 yards. 255 passing yards allowed, 170 rushing yards allowed.

This defense is a record setter. I say Foster goes for 220 and Forsett gets 80 in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Schaub throws for 300 yards. The receivers get over 200 and the TEs and RBS get the other hundred. Football historians are left to scramble for 1800s club team records the Bills are then breaking.

Edited by billsfan714

I see this game getting ugly real fast. Houston knows Mario's weakness and will exploit it. I see Houston running for 250 and another 350 in the air.

The only chance we have is to start fast and get a few breaks. Please Chan I am begging, do not defer and give Houston the ball to start.

I think we all know Marios weaknesses by now:

-Signing a huge contract

-Having no fire to play

-Being handled by rookie and no-name offensive linemen in single coverage

-Making up excuses fro lack for production

I was thinking the same thing. The Bills have had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan to stop the Texans. 2 Weeks. Plus you have Kelsay calling Mario Williams a girl. The Houston Newspapers saying Mario sucked. Questions about Dareus and even the great Kyle Williams. What ever it is, I expect you'll get the best possible Bills effort on Sunday. If that defense doesn't show a pair this weekend, they never will.

Predictions? If Fitz can be unFitz-like and protect the ball. If the Bills can stay even on time of possession. And if the Bills get 1 special teams play, I could see this game being within 7 points with similar yardage for both teams. The better money has Fitz giving up 2 bad ones, the D not being able to get off the field and McKelvin's punt return TD meaningless.....but I see eball's point.

They may evoke the Mercy Rule for the first time in the NFL.

You know, the rule in Slow Pitch where they call a game if one team has too many runs.

They would have pulled that out when the '09 Pats were running up the score on everyone had there been a time for it.