I was very PO'd to see as many

taterhill

Steeler fans travel well, so I knew that there would be a lot there, but I had no idea there would be THAT many....I would say at least 20-25,000 Steeler fans, all waving those STUPID terrible towels....to have a home game, basically with the Playoffs on the line, I cannot believe that 1/3 of OUR stadium was full of opposing fans...Bills fans=best fans in the NFL...that is a joke...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steeler fans travel well, so I knew that there would be a lot there, but I had no idea there would be THAT many....I would say at least 20-25,000 Steeler fans, all waving those STUPID terrible towels....to have a home game, basically with the Playoffs on the line, I cannot believe that 1/3 of OUR stadium was full of opposing fans...Bills fans=best fans in the NFL...that is a joke...

190686[/snapback]

Even though most of the Stiller fans I met at the game were civil, I agree the site of seeing all those towels made me sick.

they also travelled to see a game meaningless to their team...only that their team didn't play it in a meaningless fashion

190695[/snapback]

I'm sure when they bought those tickets 2-6 months ago it wasn't a meaningless game.

Here is what I would like to know. Don't home teams send a number of tickets to the visiting team for them to sell to their fans willing to travel? I know at one time they did, but I'm not sure that practice is current. My point is if we sent 10-20,000 tickets to Pittsburgh, well we shouldn't have done that

Felt like I was at a Sabres-Leafs game, outnumbered............

That bothered me also. You could hear a roar from the crowd on TV and those yellow towels. We need to make it home field advantage. I think the 12th man needs to improve along with the rest of the team. How did so many Stiller fans get tickets? Does anyone know how long this game was sold out prior to Sunday?

That bothered me also. You could hear a roar from the crowd on TV and those yellow towels. We need to make it home field advantage. I think the 12th man needs to improve along with the rest of the team. How did so many Stiller fans get tickets? Does anyone know how long this game was sold out prior to Sunday?

190736[/snapback]

just like Leaf fans do to Sabres games...buy them up the second they become available...they cannot get tix in their home stadium, so they buy up tix, when bush league fans like the Bills leave 30K available for them

Alright people it's like this.

The Buffalo Bills front office puts group tickets on sale before they go out to individual public. Large groups of Steelers fans buy up these tickets and by the time they go on sale to real Bills fans they are sold out because of it. This is how the Steelers fans take advantage of us.

...buy them up the second they become available...they cannot get tix in their home stadium, so they buy up tix,

190744[/snapback]

I stated last week there would be 25k stiller fans there b/c they always buy up the tix when they're on our home schedule and single games go on sale. WNY'ers should have realized this by now- stadium opened in '73 - and do they're danmdest (sp?) to circumvent it in the future.

I stated last week there would be 25k stiller fans there b/c they always buy up the tix when they're on our home schedule and single games go on sale. WNY'ers should have realized this by now- stadium opened in '73 - and do they're danmdest (sp?) to circumvent it in the future.

190777[/snapback]

Also I learned from a Steelers fan that it is next to impossible to get tickets to their home games, so lots of them buy tickets to away games. Also I would guess a TON of those tickets were sold early in the season when the Steelers were on a roll and the Bills...not so much.

All those damn Steeler fans, traveling away from their homes to pump cash into a dying Western New York economy that needs it desperately. You're right, let's tell them to stay home next time!!!

Very good point. Visitors not only buy game tickets, they also rent hotel rooms and go to restaurants.

The Buffalo Bills front office puts group tickets on sale before they go out to individual public.  Large groups of Steelers fans buy up these tickets and by the time they go on sale to real Bills fans they are sold out because of it.  This is how the Steelers fans take advantage of us.

190745[/snapback]

I was listening to the pregame on the Stillers radio while driving home through PA - the guys were unbelievable bashing Buffalo and making assinine statements - one thing they said was how they couldn't believe the Bills couldn't sell out such an important game for them if it weren't for all the Steeler fans who showed up. :P

I guess I had heard of that Myron Cope guy before - but never actually heard him talk. His name should be Moron. I guess when you reach icon status you are there just because of who you are, not because you have anything interesting or valuable to say. Also his voice was so distracting - like a C list comic doing an impression of Chris "Mad Dog" Russo doing and impression of Jerry Lewis. I had to keep thinking - is this a joke or is it for real?

Bills fans=best fans in the NFL...that is a joke...

190686[/snapback]

That has been a myth for many a year. Nearly every NFL community likes to think they have the best fans. Buffalo now falls in place of one of the NFL towns that likes to think it's shat don't stink. Bills fans will talk your damn ear off aboot how "great" dey is.....when push comes to shove? They are like FORD......Fails On Race Day.

:P

The Buffalo Bills front office puts group tickets on sale before they go out to individual public.  Large groups of Steelers fans buy up these tickets and by the time they go on sale to real Bills fans they are sold out because of it.  This is how the Steelers fans take advantage of us.

190745[/snapback]

Bills fans can organize groups and buy tix too...

I guess I had heard of that Myron Cope guy before - but never actually heard him talk.  His name should be Moron.  I guess when you reach icon status you are there just because of who you are, not because you have anything interesting or valuable to say.  Also his voice was so distracting - like a C list comic doing an impression of Chris "Mad Dog" Russo doing and impression of Jerry Lewis.  I had to keep thinking - is this a joke or is it for real?

190862[/snapback]

Is that the one that sounds like Gilbert Godfrey? God his voice is annoying.

Here is what I would like to know.  Don't home teams send a number of tickets to the visiting team for them to sell to their fans willing to travel?  I know at one time they did, but I'm not sure that practice is current.  My point is if we sent 10-20,000 tickets to Pittsburgh, well we shouldn't have done that

190715[/snapback]

Tickets sent to the Steelers by the Bills are for their players and administration people only. They are not sold to the general public. And the number is far less than the 10-20,000 you mentioned. Any tickets not taken by the Steelers personel are returned to the Bills the week of the game. In this case, the Steelers used all their tickets.

Ticket sale order:

1) Season tickets - Anyone can buy any number of season tickets until kickoff of the first home pre-season game.

2) Season ticket holder additionals - Any season ticket holder can buy additional tickets to any home game. This is how Jay has been getting your TBD Tailgate tickets these past 4 years.

3) Group sales - Anyone with at least 15 of their friends can buy tickets to any game that is still avaiable. This year the New England game was sold out before group sales started

4) Individual tickets - Any one can get any amount of tickets to any Bills game not already listed as sold out.