I sure miss Perry Fewell

RVJ

Chan continues to prove that he is not an NFL head coach and is at best an OC

Why? Chan does not coordinate the defense and this defense is a huge problem by letting 30 points every game they have lost. HCs rarely fire DC middle of the season and in that sense Chan's hands are tied. I don't understand what HC qualities is he missing?

From players comments, Chan is a strong HC that the players want to play for. I just don't get the hatred for Chan. He probably does head scratchers by not running the ball when his best players are his RBs. As he said, if a play works, then he is a genius and if does not, then he is a goat. That holds true for all NFL coaches.

Tom Coughlin was in the hot seat before turning the team around on the way to the SB.

I have no problems with Chan being the HC. The problem is that he has a weak defensive staff that cannot get the players to make plays.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Chan does not coordinate the defense and this defense is a huge problem by letting 30 points every game they have lost. HCs rarely fire DC middle of the season and in that sense Chan's hands are tied. I don't understand what HC qualities is he missing?

From players comments, Chan is a strong HC that the players want to play for. I just don't get the hatred for Chan. He probably does head scratchers by not running the ball when his best players are his RBs. As he said, if a play works, then he is a genius and if does not, then he is a goat. That holds true for all NFL coaches.

Tom Coughlin was in the hot seat before turning the team around on the way to the SB.

I have no problems with Chan being the HC. The problem is that he has a weak defensive staff that cannot get the players to make plays.

I wasnt even referring to the defense

Chan continues to make cosching mistakes on game day. He tried his best to give the Arizona game away and although I usually agree with waiting to go for 2 it was clear he should hv on that last TD vs Titans and it clearly cost them

He forces the passing game when he should be running especially at the end of games. What other head coach would focus the offense around an at best backup QB and below average receiving group instead of 2 very good RBs?

What do you expect the players to say? Didn't they say same kind of crap about Jauron? I don't see these players playing for him like they should be. The effort simply isn't there and when it's almost the entire team that falls directly on the head coach

Edited by Max997

Besides Marv Levy Perry Fewell was the best head coach EVER for the Bills! That was a mistake firing the entire coaching staff, should have made Perry head coach and Bobby April assistant head coach/ special teams. Young guy, players like him, defensive minded and now has Jewelry on his hand!

Ya go figure the Giants have 2 of our old coaches Fewell , & Gilbride & they have a super bowl each although Gilbride has been there for both .

Hey heres a thought , lets hire Gilbride as a head coach ,He's never been a HC in the league to this point has he !!!

Ya go figure the Giants have 2 of our old coaches Fewell , & Gilbride & they have a super bowl each although Gilbride has been there for both .

Hey heres a thought , lets hire Gilbride as a head coach ,He's never been a HC in the league to this point has he !!!

Ha! Bring back Kevin Kill-drive? Didn't we already proclaim him a dud?

PTR

The last true defensive coordinator that we had. In fact if Wade had been our DC from 1990 to 1994, we would have won a couple of those SBs.

Dick LeBeau who as a 3-4 guy helped make a 4-3 defense into the #2 unit in the league. It's hilarious because even with the #2 defense, people still complained about them not getting "big" stops.

We ranked 14th - 31st in yards against from 2006 - 2009. Middle to lower end of the league. Yep, pretty much sums up the current state of the franchise and its fan base.

Those defenses under Fewell were among the worst in the league against the run the entire 4 years. Our average overall ranking was helped by placing 7th and 2nd against the pass in two of those years. And the only reason we ranked that high on pass D was because we were 28th and 30th against the rush with a FAT 4.7 ypc against in both years. During those four years we gave up an average of 4.5 yards per carry against the run. I don't have to tell you how pitiful that is.

Our defense was terrible long before Fitz even sniffed the starting job in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

Those defenses under Fewell were among the worst in the league against the run the entire 4 years. Our average overall ranking was helped by placing 7th and 2nd against the pass in two of those years. And the only reason we ranked that high on pass D was because we were 28th and 30th against the rush with a FAT 4.7 ypc against in both years. During those four years we gave up an average of 4.5 yards per carry against the run. I don't have to tell you how pitiful that is.

Our defense was terrible long before Fitz even sniffed the starting job in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly my point. We are so horrid now that the Fewell years feel like a dynasty to some.

Edited by Marauder24

The Giants have a great owner the Bills do not. The Giants have a great gm the Bills do not. The Giants have a great coaching staff. The Bills do not. Because of the giants front office and coaches their players perform up to and beyond expectations. The Bills...do not. However like anything else it starts at the top.

Well Said! Couldn't agree more!

Edited by mattsox

They had no talent! Well at least "on paper"

I'd argue they had better talent at all LB positions although that's not saying much. Safeties were a push, although I give Byrd the edge at FS but Wilson can't carry Whitner's jock at SS. While Gilmore would have started on those Ds, no other current CB would. So, with the exception of Byrd and Gillmore, I'd argue Fewell had better talent in his back seven.

No question we seem to have under-performing DLmen, but they haven't been nearly as bad as our LBs have been against the run.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I'd argue they had better talent at all LB positions although that's not saying much. Safeties were a push, although I give Byrd the edge at FS but Wilson can't carry Whitner's jock at SS. While Gilmore would have started on those Ds, no other current CB would. So, with the exception of Byrd and Gillmore, I'd argue Fewell had better talent in his back seven.

No question we seem to have under-performing DLmen, but they haven't been nearly as bad as our LBs have been against the run.

GO BILLS!!!

Linebackers were stronger! I concur!

Linebackers were stronger! I concur!

Do you think G Wilson and A Williams are better than Whitner and Clements/McGee? Heck, Schobel was better than any DE we currently have as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you think G Wilson and A Williams are better than Whitner and Clements/McGee? Heck, Schobel was better than any DE we currently have as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess we can answer that after the season. They may surprise us! If they don't finish at least 8-8 I think the entire coaching staff will be replaced! It is starting to look like Dick Jaurons coaches and players were more capable than this bunch.Thats what I meant about "on paper" Time will tell! Edited by Buffalo 66

I guess we can answer that after the season. They may surprise us! If they don't finish at least 8-8 I think the entire coaching staff will be replaced! It is starting to look like Dick Jaurons coaches and players were more capable than this bunch.Thats what I meant about "on paper" Time will tell!

I'm pretty confident that both M Williams and M Anderson will show that they are at least as good as Schobel as over-all DEs.

I have NO confidence that G Wilson or A Williams will ever show they are better than Whitner or Clements/McGee.

And there is no hope for our LBs at all.

LIke you said, time will tell.

GO BILLS!!!

And another dup thread - Let me repeat my comments - Look at his stats with Buffalo. The "stats" say the Bills had a top 10 defense YET they NEVER beat the Putrids!!!

2007 - 7-9 Swept by NE

2008 - 7-9 Swept by NE, Miami and NY

2009 - 6-10 Swept by NE

You can't win games w/o a very good QB!!!