The Bills will be good when... (your answer here)

105 members have voted

1. 1. The Bills will be good when...

• They get a good QB
    • They get a new owner
    • They hire a good coaching staff
    • They move to a new city
    • Hire a good GM
    • They are issued a miracle from the heavens
    • Never. Trick question, it will never happen.
    • Now! They just got off to a slow start, we are watching the rise of a dynasty!

This year there were some reasons to believe the Bills could actually be a contender, or at least look like a tough opponent. I think by now many (including myself) are thinking that once again we are watching the same ole hapless Bills. Improve slightly in one area, get worse in all others.

Just curious what the masses think is needed for the Bills to have the best chance at ever being a top team in the NFL.

Personally I think the Bills personnel is pretty decent. Sure Fitz is iffy and you could blame it on him, you could blame it on Mario...

It's become clear to me though, that more than any other sport, to win in the NFL you need good coaching. The Bills could get lucky and draft a good player or two, maybe even a top flight QB, but without top coaching I don't think this team will ever change. Of course that's easier said than done, no coach in their right mind wants to come here, and being a small market team it's unlikely we'll compete financially. Still that's my answer the Bills need a good solid coaching staff.

(multiple answers accepted)

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The Bills won't automatically be better with a new owner, but I suspect that is their best chance to end this downward spiral. Not wanting to heap on Mr Wilson, but obviously, there is no real accountability with this franchise right now. The last truly good move that Mr Wilson made was hiring somebody to run the franchise for him...his choice was Tom Donohoe. I know sentiments are strongly against TD in "Bills-Nation", but I would guess that this franchise was much closer to success than they have been since he was canned. Mr Wilson had the right idea in hiring TD, maybe just picked the wrong guy. However you feel about TD, you can bet he wouldn't have sat on his hands this long and watched this team just stink the gym up week after week.

This team needs an infusion of fresh minds to call the shots. If Mr Wilson is around a lot longer (again, not wishing anything bad toward him) I wish to hell he would hand the GM position over to Doug Whaley, if nothing else. Somebody that Mr Wilson (presumably, maybe not) already knows. This isn't to say that Buddy Nix hasn't given it a great effort, but it just isn't working. If you are going to model yourself after another NFL frahchise, why not the Steelers, instead of the perenial disappointing Chargers? Whaley is young, honed his craft with one of the truly great NFL franchises, give him a shot. Let him hire a coach. Let him choose our franchise QB. The franchise can't afford to stay married, for even another seaosn, to something that isn't working. They will likely have a hight draft choice (again!) next year...don't waste it. Don't wast guys like Dareus, Gilmore and Spiller by steeping them in a losing culture like the Bills have been mired in, for far too long.

+1 for new owner. Are there any secret Bills fan billionaires out there? Pegula seemed to come out of nowhere, maybe we could get lucky like that. Ralph is a bonehead to hold onto the team until he dies and give the fans all of this uncertainty. What will his legacy be if he kicks the bucket and the next day the Bills leave Buffalo? He should care more about that than adding a couple million more to his heirs pockets

+1 for new owner. Are there any secret Bills fan billionaires out there? Pegula seemed to come out of nowhere, maybe we could get lucky like that. Ralph is a bonehead to hold onto the team until he dies and give the fans all of this uncertainty. What will his legacy be if he kicks the bucket and the next day the Bills leave Buffalo? He should care more about that than adding a couple million more to his heirs pockets

Ya he should do what most people do and care more about complete strangers than his own flesh and blood. I'm sure that's what you would do

Ya he should do what most people do and care more about complete strangers than his own flesh and blood. I'm sure that's what you would do

Yea actually I care about the legacy I leave behind and I try and do the right things in life. Do you want to be hated by hundreds of thousands of people when you die? I certainly wouldn't want that hanging over my head (or my tombstone as it were).

If I made a $20,000 investment and it ended up being worth $900 million, I wouldn't mind cashing it in at a bargain price of $800 million if it meant doing the right thing and being adored by fans. His kid's kid's kid's kid's will never have to work a day in their lives with that kind of loot

We currently have a QB who will NEVER rise above a mid 80's passer rating. He simply isn't physically capable of doing so.

We need a front office who will admit that, and put more resources into getting a competent QB. They also need to take risks and sacrifice picks in order to trade up like Washington did (or we could have done w Miami for Tannehill 2 spots ahead of us)

I'm not saying guys like Dalton and Tannehill, who were "gettable" guys, are the answer, but absolutely nothing has a higher priority than the QB in my book. I'd rather have the worst defense in the league and a great QB than the other way around.