If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this...

bbb

Book is mind-blowing....easy read....and worth it.

There is a ton of info in there that is not common knowledge about the Patriots "System"

The Patriots cheated, were caught, and the league destroyed any evidence related to the cheating.They were given a punishment and the league told them not to do it again. I love the way these patriot fans argue that if the cheating was so bad, why are they so good now? Why would the fact that they are good now have any effect on the fact that they cheated? Yes they are good now, but how many superbowls have they won since they were caught? Does anyone really believe they win all of those three superbowls without cheating? Would they even have gotten to the superbowl without cheating? Also, in my experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. I doubt that the Patriots have stopped cheating. Heck, Belacheat probably cheated when the Giants beat the Bills in superbowl XXV. All those superbowls should have been taken from them just as Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles. Belacheat should have been banned for life also. This is way worse that BountyGate. It ruins the integrity of the game. No wonder they wanted all the evidence destroyed so fast.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ralph was fined, too. And his response to the fine was absolutely epic, if anyone can find the link (I can't).

Via http://www.billsdaily.com/articles/1998/statement.html:

Here's Bills Owner Ralph Wilson's complete statement regarding the $50,000 fine handed down by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue:

"On December 2nd I received a fax from Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informing me the Bills are being fined $50,000 for criticism on my part of officiating in the last moments of our game with New England. I described two calls, back-to-back, as probably the worst I have witnessed in the 60 years I have watched pro football. Those two calls cost the Bills a very important game, one in which our team fought back very courageously from a substantial deficit. Society today is more enlightened. Fair comment and criticism are rampant. The entire media as a unit is frank and the millions watching a game are frank. But the Commissioner lecturing to me as if I were a novice, instead of one who has been involved in football infinitely longer than he has, contends that criticizing a call has 'destructive and corrosive effects on the game.' What is more destructive and corrosive -- errant calls in front of millions of viewers or my statements of opinion? People all over the country registered shock at the way the officials, however honorable their purpose, took the game away from us. Even the league has admitted to us that the calls near the conclusion of the game were incorrect. On Monday morning, the Commissioner can sermonize on destruction and corrosion, but he has never experienced the pain of blowing a crucial game due to officiating. I have yet to decide whether I will pay or challenge the fine. But, at 80, I do know I don't need pompous lectures from the Commissioner and I feel that the $50,000 is not only unwarranted, but punitive in nature. The next time he may ask me to sit in the corner."

Via http://www.billsdaily.com/articles/1998/statement.html:

Here's Bills Owner Ralph Wilson's complete statement regarding the $50,000 fine handed down by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue:

"On December 2nd I received a fax from Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informing me the Bills are being fined $50,000 for criticism on my part of officiating in the last moments of our game with New England. I described two calls, back-to-back, as probably the worst I have witnessed in the 60 years I have watched pro football. Those two calls cost the Bills a very important game, one in which our team fought back very courageously from a substantial deficit. Society today is more enlightened. Fair comment and criticism are rampant. The entire media as a unit is frank and the millions watching a game are frank. But the Commissioner lecturing to me as if I were a novice, instead of one who has been involved in football infinitely longer than he has, contends that criticizing a call has 'destructive and corrosive effects on the game.' What is more destructive and corrosive -- errant calls in front of millions of viewers or my statements of opinion? People all over the country registered shock at the way the officials, however honorable their purpose, took the game away from us. Even the league has admitted to us that the calls near the conclusion of the game were incorrect. On Monday morning, the Commissioner can sermonize on destruction and corrosion, but he has never experienced the pain of blowing a crucial game due to officiating. I have yet to decide whether I will pay or challenge the fine. But, at 80, I do know I don't need pompous lectures from the Commissioner and I feel that the $50,000 is not only unwarranted, but punitive in nature. The next time he may ask me to sit in the corner."

thats awesome ive never seen that before

Via http://www.billsdail.../statement.html:

I was at that game. A friggin' travisty. WWE matches are reffed with more integrity.

PTR

How does any of this explain them beating us twice this year? I hate them more than anyone I know hates them, but it's because they always beat our Bills. I love it when the Giants break Marsha's heart in the Superbowl. Hmmm....they haven't won ANY Superbowls since spygate, eh?

The Patriots cheated, were caught, and the league destroyed any evidence related to the cheating.They were given a punishment and the league told them not to do it again. I love the way these patriot fans argue that if the cheating was so bad, why are they so good now? Why would the fact that they are good now have any effect on the fact that they cheated? Yes they are good now, but how many superbowls have they won since they were caught? Does anyone really believe they win all of those three superbowls without cheating? Would they even have gotten to the superbowl without cheating? Also, in my experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. I doubt that the Patriots have stopped cheating. Heck, Belacheat probably cheated when the Giants beat the Bills in superbowl XXV. All those superbowls should have been taken from them just as Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles. Belacheat should have been banned for life also. This is way worse that BountyGate. It ruins the integrity of the game. No wonder they wanted all the evidence destroyed so fast.

When asked if they are still doing it, the person that was once responsible for the "spygate" camerawork replied "about half the time"....

Wonder which half......(hint) look a their home record in the Bellicheat era. Entire visitor part of that stadium probably wired up with mic's and cameras.

Peyton Manning wouldn't talk to his coordinators in the visitors locker room there because he was certain someone was listening.......they would instead hold their halftime discussion in the tunnel.

all in the book.....must read for Pats haters.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

The National Football League is satisfied that we learned the full story surrounding the Patriots' violation of league rules and that the resulting punishment was appropriate.

This never gets old.

Well, it's plainly obvious that since the league put an end to the Pats stealing the opposing defense's signals, Brady and company have struggled mightily when it comes to scoring points. :rolleyes:

On the other hand…

Yes they are good now, but how many superbowls have they won since they were caught?

The answer, as our Marcia fanboy knows is zero.

I don't know if Kraft has something on the league, but there has certainly been a lot of odd favoritism when it comes to that organization.

I still remember the "just give it to them" scandal. The infamous line from the refs at the NE game where our defense stopped a 4th down play well short of the marker and our players heard the officiating crew say those words and just gave them the spot to move the chains. We stopped them again and NE's only option left was a Hail Mary pass to the end zone. Our boys knocked that down in an 5-6 man scrum and we got an unfathomable pass interference on a Hail Mary in the end zone call putting NE on the 1 yard line.

Wade, bless that son of a bum, marched the team off the field in protest, while NE lined up and took the points uncontested. I have never seen an NFL coach with the nads to pull what Wade did, but he was fined later by the league. All he did is call attention to the obvious turd of a fixed game and for having the audacity to say that "poop" stinks. Ralph actually stood behind Wade in his protest over the officiating.

That offseason, the two key holdout owners against instant replay - Ralph Wilson and the owner of the Detroit Lions changed their vote in favor of instant replay and it was adopted. I have a theory that the Bills organizaton was punished for several years after that vote by officiating crews that felt the Buffalo Bills organization was the key ingredient in both questioning and taking away their ability to make many of their traditional judgement calls; A privelege that they had enjoyed and IMO taken advantage of for as long as the game had been around.

I personally feel we took one for the league again and again until Gary Seeman stepped down as senior director of officiating in 2001. Coincidentally, that was the year after the Music City debacle and Ralph handing Wade Phillips his walking papers.

It is all speculation, but I could see that Seeman hanging on till he was satisfied that the coach that called his officiating organization into quetion was fired, but that is conspiracy theory at best. Even today, I still feel there is too much leeway given to officials in regards to holding and PI calls. I really have a problem with those two calls particularly when the flag is thrown in late and they either negate a large gain and kill momentum, or place an opponent on the 1 yard line. Those calls could just too easily be used to sway the outcome of a game, or point spread.

ESPN needs to do a 30 for 30 documentary on this, but I doubt they will.

Yes they are good now, but how many superbowls have they won since they were caught?

Good point.

However, how many Super Bowls have they been too, since they were caught?

Then why would it bother Brady?

Some people have no moral compass and it will never bother them. Others it will tear them up in time. Previous Brady statements appear to indicate he is of the former category, he will likely go to his grave thinking he was smarter than the rest of the world. Very narcissistic personality disorder.

It wasn't just our players, it was audibly recorded, I remeber them playing it back a few years later, clear as day.BTW, there was nothing, from my memory, that was scandalous,

It was not recorded to the best of my knowledge, this continues to grow as an urban myth amogst Bills fan. Yes, a couple Bills players say they heard the ref say this, but it is not audibly recorded.

This has grown as much as the myth of 2004 Piitsburgh game as a win and you are in contest. That was not the case, the Jets also had to lose that day. Lose they did, but only after they knew the Bills had lost and they had secured a spot in the playoffs and pulled starters and adjusted strategy accordingly

Edited by plenzmd1

Some people have no moral compass and it will never bother them. Others it will tear them up in time. Previous Brady statements appear to indicate he is of the former category, he will likely go to his grave thinking he was smarter than the rest of the world. Very narcissistic personality disorder.

Thats some funny stuff you wrote there. Are you a shrink? I want to see somebody grab Brady when he's in Buffalo checking out hotels sometime and waterboard the SOB. Film it, signed confession, the whole deal. Would make a great movie. Pee Wee Herman could play Brady.

It was not recorded to the best of my knowledge, this continues to grow as an urban myth amogst Bills fan. Yes, a couple Bills players say they heard the ref say this, but it is not audibly recorded.

This has grown as much as the myth of 2004 Piitsburgh game as a win and you are in contest. That was not the case, the Jets also had to lose that day. Lose they did, but only after they knew the Bills had lost and they had secured a spot in the playoffs and pulled starters and adjusted strategy accordingly

The Bills and Jets games kicked off at the same time though, didn't they?

Also wonder if Brady ever has ( or will have ) regret over winning the way he has - at some point that has to eat at a man.

Then why would it bother Brady?

Thats some funny stuff you wrote there. Are you a shrink? I want to see somebody grab Brady when he's in Buffalo checking out hotels sometime and waterboard the SOB. Film it, signed confession, the whole deal. Would make a great movie. Pee Wee Herman could play Brady.

Belichick's winning %, post spygate, has gone up 25 points. I highly doubt not having video of the opposition is negatively affecting his team's performance. :rolleyes:

Oh, and keep in mind that this improved winning % comes during the timeframe that Belichick tore down his dynasty team and re-built it back to championship calibre, compiling win totals of 11-10-14-13 games since their last dynasty SB loss in '07. Of note. Only 5 players on last years Pats SB team were with the team in '07.

Numerous other former coaches admitted to doing the same thing, are you telling me that the Cowboys' Super Bowls are tainted? Jimmy Johnson learned it from a Chiefs scout. The Broncos were punished for salary cap violations during their Super Bowl years. The Steelers team doctor was charged with felonies relating to steroid distribution. "Spygate" is the most overblown media controversy in the history of sports.

Numerous other former coaches admitted to doing the same thing, are you telling me that the Cowboys' Super Bowls are tainted? Jimmy Johnson learned it from a Chiefs scout. The Broncos were punished for salary cap violations during their Super Bowl years. The Steelers team doctor was charged with felonies relating to steroid distribution. "Spygate" is the most overblown media controversy in the history of sports.

Says the Cheatriots*** fan whose message is:

"Cheating is alright because it happens from time to time."

Thanks for that.

Bull. Who in the media is even talking about it?

Half a million dollars and a first round pick was not chump change.