Marcel Dareus [is a no show]

Am i crazy saying he's far heavier?

he's always looked heavy, but he doesn't seem to be carrying his weight as well, if that makes sense. i'm not going to get down on him at all because of what he's going through. but i do hope he can come to peace with it, and i believe that when he does, that is when the "beast" will return. in a sense, he must heal the man before he can unleash the monster.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he's always looked heavy, but he doesn't seem to be carrying his weight as well, if that makes sense. i'm not going to get down on him at all because of what he's going through. but i do hope he can come to peace with it, and i believe that when he does, that is when the "beast" will return. in a sense, he must heal the man before he can unleash the monster.

Unless you think his body composition changed the last couple weeks I'm not sure your argument on this. Think he added weight in anticipation of the loss?

Unless you think his body composition changed the last couple weeks I'm not sure your argument on this. Think he added weight in anticipation of the loss?

i guess what was trying to get at was that he has always had the large lower body, but right now it seems to have a bit more jiggle to it and he doesn't seem to be moving it around as well.

i guess what was trying to get at was that he has always had the large lower body, but right now it seems to have a bit more jiggle to it and he doesn't seem to be moving it around as well.

My point was unless its new, why mention his brother in the same post

Otherwise - agreed.

Edited by NoSaint

Try to think about how great you'd be at your job if your brother was murdered a couple weeks ago.

Torrey Smith on the Ravens just lost his brother about the same time... wasn't murdered, but it was also a shocker. Now obviously, different people will not react the same way to situations, but I think it does help Smith to be on a team with solid veteran leadership, on & off the field. Dareus has pretty much nothing here in comparison.

League's wost set of LB's don't help...no one is making plays in the front seven...it is a total disaster

Unfortunately, I do not think Dareus will be a star in this league. He is young, coming out of Alabama as a Junior, but stars will usually show signs of brilliance at this point. Kyle Williams was more or less unblockable from his first mini-camp.

Not true at the DT position...they take years to develop

Try to think about how great you'd be at your job if your brother was murdered a couple weeks ago.

Actually it's been six weeks. Does he get a free pass to half-ass it for the whole season? I've known a lot of people that lost family members and don't recall any of them blowing off work six weeks later.

Actually it's been six weeks. Does he get a free pass to half-ass it for the whole season? I've known a lot of people that lost family members and don't recall any of them blowing off work six weeks later.

Again - has his body type changed in 6 weeks or is it the same as last year? In my opinion, neither. He added weight in the offseason.

His brother shouldn't be the focus unless that's the primary change. I'm saying he's added a lot of weight.

My point was unless its new, why mention his brother in the same post

Otherwise - agreed.

i would have to say that i refer to his brother because if you take him out of the equation then a few posters here are inferring that he is a fat, lazy, unmotivated slob and i just don't think that that is the case.

Again - has his body type changed in 6 weeks or is it the same as last year? In my opinion, neither. He added weight in the offseason.

His brother shouldn't be the focus unless that's the primary change. I'm saying he's added a lot of weight.

No argument -- I was just responding to the 'brother' theory. Agreed that 'fat and lazy', as someone pointed out above, is the bigger issue.

I'm arguing this in another thread - what's he tipping the scale at?!?

It's a big gap over last year, no?

I know there was an Article during Training Camp that he was 340 plus...He was fine with it btw...From what I can remember at least...He was 319 at his Combine... B-)