I can't do this anymore

The NFL is the only professional team sport I care about. I've been a Bills fan for almost thirty years and all of my time and loyalty goes to them. The Bills are the only team I could imagine rooting for but I just can't bring myself to commit my time or money to such a poor product.

How many years of futility can a fan be expected to endure, or maybe a better question is how much should we be willing to endure? I truly, and stupidly, believed we were on the right path and that this might just be the year. I know the season's not over but does anyone really think this team is going to win in NE or Houston?

I'm still a Bills fan in my heart but I think it might be time to take a leave of absence. I won't be putting any more my resources towards this mess of an organization. It just hurts to much.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying this for 30 years myself. They always find a way to lose. My uncle and my grandfather were die hard Bills fans, but they have both passed on to the next dimension, never seeing the Bills win an NFL championship. I fear that I will end the same. I just hope they win one during my son's lifetime (he's 2 months old). We will watch the next game again together my brother. Life goes on.

Edited by distortions

I just don't get wrapped around the axle anymore about this team. They suck and will continue to suck until the team is sold and new owner blows it up and starts over from the top down. So I watch the games expecting to lose and don't buy any Bills gear anymore. I won't even pay for Sunday Ticket anymore. If I don't get it for free I'm not buying it. If Nix wanted to show he is trying to improve this team he would fire Wanny today and hire a new DC to turn the ship around.

The NFL is the only professional team sport I care about. I've been a Bills fan for almost thirty years and all of my time and loyalty goes to them. The Bills are the only team I could imagine rooting for but I just can't bring myself to commit my time or money to such a poor product.

How many years of futility can a fan be expected to endure, or maybe a better question is how much should we be willing to endure? I truly, and stupidly, believed we were on the right path and that this might just be the year. I know the season's not over but does anyone really think this team is going to win in NE or Houston?

I'm still a Bills fan in my heart but I think it might be time to take a leave of absence. I won't be putting any more my resources towards this mess of an organization. It just hurts to much.

How convenient: the bye week is next week. See you in 2 weeks. Have a nice leave.

I just don't get wrapped around the axle anymore about this team. They suck and will continue to suck until the team is sold and new owner blows it up and starts over from the top down. So I watch the games expecting to lose and don't buy any Bills gear anymore. I won't even pay for Sunday Ticket anymore. If I don't get it for free I'm not buying it. If Nix wanted to show he is trying to improve this team he would fire Wanny today and hire a new DC to turn the ship around.

I want to disconnect, I really do, but it's hard not to care. Maybe if I didn't give a **** this futility wouldn't be so painful.

I want to disconnect, I really do, but it's hard not to care. Maybe if I didn't give a **** this futility wouldn't be so painful.

I feel your pain, man. I really do. I share your feelings, I feel like doing the same thing.

After the game today my 8 year old son comes up and say, "Daddy, why do you root for the Bills?" I ask him, "What do you mean?" He replies, "they only make you mad and frustrated, so why do you watch them?"

It's a good point. As long as he's been alive they've only been a source of Sunday frustration and at this point it's pretty much only that something in me that refuses to quit, give up or take the easy route that has me still rooting for them.

I think most Bills fans feel your pain Mike and understand where you're coming from and I'm sure we'll see you back here a few weeks from now when the Bills will figure out a whole new way how to lose.

Edited by MDH

I am fed up with watching these morons too, but my solutions is the Red Zone channel....honestly, the thing is a godsend...they have the Bills on just long enough for you to shake your head at their ineptitude, and then before you know it they flip over to another game that you can focus on. It does wonders for blood pressure and sanity. I may not be able to prescribe meds as an RN, but dammit I prescribe the red zone channel for anyone who can't bear to watch this fuktardism anymore.

I am fed up with watching these morons too, but my solutions is the Red Zone channel....honestly, the thing is a godsend...they have the Bills on just long enough for you to shake your head at their ineptitude, and then before you know it they flip over to another game that you can focus on. It does wonders for blood pressure and sanity. I may not be able to prescribe meds as an RN, but dammit I prescribe the red zone channel for anyone who can't bear to watch this fuktardism anymore.

!@#$tardism is an excellent way to describe how this team is run. Kudos.

It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I pvr the games and watch them in less than an hour and usually laugh at these results, today I shook my at head at the stupididty of not going for 2 on two separate occasions. THat annoyed me more than the late interception. The interception was preventable especially in hindsight, the lack of going for 2 is just a headscratcher

to the OP Mike..... you know you will be back after the bye week.

Its a labor of love......I have asked myself the same question for years now. I can't pull myself away even though I know they are not a playoff team.

We had our run during the Kelly years. We had 4 chances at it and we could not get it done. Seems like we will never get back to that level.

Its depressing but its what we got to deal with. Rather have the Bills than not have a team at all is the only thing I can think of right at the moment.

to the OP Mike..... you know you will be back after the bye week.

Its a labor of love......I have asked myself the same question for years now. I can't pull myself away even though I know they are not a playoff team.

We had our run during the Kelly years. We had 4 chances at it and we could not get it done. Seems like we will never get back to that level.

Its depressing but its what we got to deal with. Rather have the Bills than not have a team at all is the only thing I can think of right at the moment.

At this point? I'd rather have no team to root for. It's that bad.

If Mike is giving up, apocalypse is near. The only thing to confirm it will be Promo saying something critical.

Congratulations Chan, you're close to accomplishing the impossible.