Firing Wannstedt during the bye is the right thing to do

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aditionally Fitzy refuses to be a game manager when he needs to be. I have no idea why Jackson was even signed if he's not going to be looked at.

If jackson dresses for more than 6 games the seahawks get a 6th round instead of a 7th pick, Jackson will start a few game in December!

Fire Chan and Wanny and move Modkins to HC, Sanders to DC and Lee to OC. Can't be any worse than the catastrophe we have already. If they fall on their face at least we'll draft high, if they don't and surprise us then that's fine too. I don't care anymore

I can see this. Except the David lee promotion. Just wondering though, doesn't Gailey actually have a OC? I know he doesn't do anything on gameday, but can he fill that position? No problem with Sanders to DC at least to finish out the season.

I think the defense just needs time to jell. A good defense knows where every team member is trying to accomplish and where they should be on the field. Look at the eagles last year so much talent but they could not play well together and they payed for that.

Also i think that the defense does not trust wanny's scheme. They have let up record numbers against teams that should have no business doing so (49ers). I mean they try there hardest but the scheme does not put them into position to succeed. Why can't we blitz. The only games we have won are because the front four was able to get pressure. Stop our front four and our defense becomes worst in the league. Every good defense blitz's, but wanny thinks that he is smarter then everyone. We might not have the best secondary in the league but that doesn't matter when you give the opposing QB a year to throw. There is no point to keeping Wanny. The defense would be no worse if they just lined up with no plays. At least they would be learning to play together.

Fire Chan and Wanny and move Modkins to HC, Sanders to DC and Lee to OC. Can't be any worse than the catastrophe we have already. If they fall on their face at least we'll draft high, if they don't and surprise us then that's fine too. I don't care anymore

I like it.

I wish people would stop saying this. Cowher has a cushy network gig where he shows up for Sundays and probably involves minimal effort during the week. And I suspect he gets paid extremely well to do it. No headaches, no draft, no offseason activity, basically no bull **** at all. What makes anyone think he would give that up to move to Buffalo !@#$ing NY into a mess of a franchise that has a career backup signed to a long term contract as the starting QB and has no clue what will happen when the current owner passes (which could be at any time)? Not going to happen, pure and simple. And please don't give me the "throw enough money at him and he will come". He would have to be completely brain damaged to come to Buffalo given his current circumstances.

The main reason why Gailey is the HC now is because he would take the job. Things are worse now than when Gailey was hired, so it will be even harder (if not impossible) to get someone better than Gailey to agree to take the job. It would probably have to be some hungry OC or DC. No way someone established like a Cowher.

I'm not saying Cowher would take the job. But he recommended Chan. Come here and fix your mess!!! :)

Edited by RyanC883

Good time to do it. What can it hurt?

Exactly. Could they do worse without a coordinator?

Random thought....maybe Wannstedt is still being paid by Cowboys. Now THERE's some conspiracy theory for ya.

Cowher isn't dumb. His current gig pays easy money. IF he was even interested he would want full control. No way does this loser organization hand that over to an ex-Rooney employee, who by the way made his career by giving him the players he needed.

Besides he;s been out of the game to long and would look lost out there. Kind of like the current coaching staff.

True enough. It's gotta be someone in the game, up-to-date on the current trends, or with a system of their own that is proven.

Buffalo doesn't need a Gruden or Cowher to energize the team, just someone that can maximize the talent we have. I refuse to believe the defensive talent is as bad as it seems and that a good coach could right the ship. It seems everyone is yearning for the Wade Philips days, but because that is an immpossibilty at this point, why not go brash and the give the other Ryan a shot. Yes, I just endorsed Rob Ryan.

He deserves to be fired. But who do you bring in or elevate that will do a better job at this point (yeah I know, anybody)? Galley's statement today suggested the move will likely be made but after the season. Of course, at that point the move will probably not be made by Galley, who likely won't be around if things continue as they have.

I won't cry any tears if Wanny got fired but I'm still no excusing the players. Say all you want to about Wanny and his scheme, there is no reason why Mario and Dareus can't even come close to making a play all game. That's on them.

I think we have a team of nice guys and we have had for far too long. Do you think players would be playing like this if we had Ray Lewis leading them? There needs to be some real leadership and someone to get in the faces of these guys. It's flat out embarrassing.