SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see MCW play up to the hype he gets. I've only seen the Temple game this year and obviously that was a stinker. But I watched him quite a bit last year and was not impressed. I know he's still young, but I just don't see it in him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Dude!! That was his one bad game tis year. He's flat out dominated everyone. Not to mention # 1 inte country in assists and #2 in steals. He's doing something right. There's no comparison to last year. He might best the best PG in the country and most likely a lottery pick in the draft right now.

Dude!! That was his one bad game tis year. He's flat out dominated everyone. Not to mention # 1 inte country in assists and #2 in steals. He's doing something right. There's no comparison to last year. He might best the best PG in the country and most likely a lottery pick in the draft right now.

Ok, but that competition was:

San Diego St.

Wagner

Princeton

Colgate

Arkansas

E. Michigan

Long Beach St.

Monmouth

Canisius

Detroit

I'll keep watching.

Edited by gringo starr

He'll probably need to when MCW leaves for the NBA.

Hopefully not with the continued development of Cooney and the addition of Duke transfer Michael Gbinjie and frosh Ron Patterson. Plus, I still think we have an outside shot at 2013 combo guard Rysheed Jordan.

There is no doubt about MCW's skill...probably the best SU point guard since Flynn (probably better). I do question his ability, however, to play with discipline and demonstrate leadership. I have to remind myself sometimes that he basically is a freshman...he only played about 270 total minutes last season.

A lot of doom and gloom around here lately. Watched yesterday's game on ESPN3, and granted it was against power house Central Connecticut State, but the team really seemed to put things back together. It all started with MCW who looked like his old self again. I believe he was one rebound shy of a triple-double. MCW also was light's out from behind the arc. Dujuan Coleman is starting to look more comfortable IMO, as he played well in his 20 minutes scoring 13 points (3-5 from the charity stripe). Jerami Grant also made good use of his minutes.

Trevor Cooney had that deer in headlights look again, as he was 2-8 from the field for 6 shaky points. The defense looked slow and sloppy in the early going, as the grossly undersized CCSU squad picked apart the zone, moving the ball well and finding good shots. That was short lived, however, as JB seemed to have the defense tightened up by the end of the 1st half. Syracuse should have a decent test this Wednesday when the 9-2 Scarlet Knights come to the dome. They have a pesky guard in Eli Carter who will likey be in MCW's hip pocket for the entire game.

Anyway....still have faith that JB will bring this team together....if not, however, Autry and Hop have been doing a great job on the recruiting trail.

Here's 2014 committ, 5 star SF Chris McCullough (ranked 12 overall by ESPN). McCullough is probably Syracuse's best recruit since Carmelo Anthony. Definitely a one-and-done type of kid. Enjoy, and GO ORANGE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4WJ4WDAOkc

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

#903 for Coach Boeheim....game started slowly, then the Cuse took over. Congrats Coach Boeheim!!!

All year they start out slow and then bang! Up by 15!

Great game and a good statement to make to the Big East. I was at the game so I don't know his name but #5 from Rutgers was on fire to begin the game and I had visions of Temple all over again. Luckily that wasn't the case. MCW had a bit of a gunner attitude at the beginning of the game and I actually liked that he was trying to exert some dominance. Absolutely love Grant on the floor and Christmas I thought played well. This was a game to me that the length really played a factor. Christmas and Keita were very active on defense and it was great to see.

All year they start out slow and then bang! Up by 15!

Great game and a good statement to make to the Big East. I was at the game so I don't know his name but #5 from Rutgers was on fire to begin the game and I had visions of Temple all over again. Luckily that wasn't the case. MCW had a bit of a gunner attitude at the beginning of the game and I actually liked that he was trying to exert some dominance. Absolutely love Grant on the floor and Christmas I thought played well. This was a game to me that the length really played a factor. Christmas and Keita were very active on defense and it was great to see.

I think Grant is going to start stealing minutes away from Southerland as the season progresses. Didn't see the game, but I hear he played pretty well. It has to be difficult for him to find any type of rhythm...especially with shooting. Heard Christmas was a beast on defense. Also, this is the type of effort we are going to need from Brandon Triche (consistently) if we are going to do anything this season.

tough scrappy win for 'Cuse today in South Florida. But for the majority of the game they had the game in hand but could never really put the game away. Keita and Rak were in foul trouble yet still no sign of coleman in the second half and jerami grant only seemed to play in the first half... a conference road win is still a huge win,

Maybe it's just me, but I am not loving MCW's game. He seems to get really sloppy, and then force passes and shots. I know he maybe had an off game today against S. Florida, but I haven't really been enjoying this team play with MCW running the show.

Kinda wish Triche got more minutes at the point, and the offense went through Triche and Fair on more possessions.

Maybe it's just me, but I am not loving MCW's game. He seems to get really sloppy, and then force passes and shots. I know he maybe had an off game today against S. Florida, but I haven't really been enjoying this team play with MCW running the show.

Kinda wish Triche got more minutes at the point, and the offense went through Triche and Fair on more possessions.

I think all the media praise had gotten to MCW and now he was overthinking his game instead of just letting it flow naturally. Yesterday actually seemed like he was starting to come back around. Not all the way mind you, but it was better than it had been the last few games previously.

And I would also think the shoplifting scandal got in his head too. The further away that recedes into the background the better.