SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

Well then, that sucked. According to Pomeroy we were a 97% favorite with the ball up 3. MCW WTF. Complete tire fire the last 5 min's.

+1 on Cooney being the worst sharpshooter in history. Reminds me of that tall Nova white kid who transferred from Duke a few years ago - good reputation somehow but just consistent airballs.

The analytics say Pitt is a much better team than what the polls say so it's likely we'll be a slight underdog on the road. We'll see if there's any truth to this idea that we play better in that role.

Jamie Dixon always seems to have his team ready to play Syracuse, especially on the road. This game is going to be a dog fight.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why can't this hearing be tomorrow? This is in front of a University board, not the NCAA. This should be an asap issue.

The more this drags on, the more I suspect that Southerland's season will be over once his appeal is heard. No "inside info," just a hunch. His case was originally heard by the review board just prior to the Villanova game, and from what I heard (that's why I posted that he might be reinstated) the coaching staff felt really positive about the potential outcome. Obviously, the review board wasn't satisfied.

I just can't imagine what he could do between then and the next appeal to improve his standing. There are a lot of rumors floating around about the nature of his academic infraction. From what I have learned, popular opinion is that a Southy's tutor allegedly wrote at least part of one of his term papers for him. If this is the case, and they have sufficient evidence that this occured, then I just can't see how they would overturn something like that.

Another no-show today.

MCW has been exposed in BE play, IMO. He's struggled against physical, man-to-man teams, and has been very poor finishing.

Rebounding sucked as usual. No contribution from the bigs or the bench.

MCW again trying to put the team on his shoulders when he doesn't need to....turning the ball over, and taking very bad shots. I love Jerami Grant...really do...but he consistently plays out of control and struggles to finish. We have absolutely no offensive presence down low which kills us, and our guards can't shoot the ball from outside. I know we lost a very physical game in a hostile environment today, but our showing was just pathetic.

I could go on and on here...just disgusted.

Edit: Oh yeah, did anyone see Brandon Triche's pre-game "dance" in the tunnel? It looked like he was having a limp wristed seizure. WFT was that? lol

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Edit: Oh yeah, did anyone see Brandon Triche's pre-game "dance" in the tunnel? It looked like he was having a limp wristed seizure. WFT was that? lol

It was nightmarishly gay. Gay guys wish thy could look so gay. Not that there is anything wrong with looking gay. :wub:

One good thing I saw was great defense by cooney...that's about it...can't pin this on missing dajuan...Pitt dominated the entire game

Yeah, no excuses to be made here. It appears as though Jim Boeheim has completely abandoned the outside shot. This doesn't settle well with me. I know we aren't exactly shooting the ball well from outside, but why not draw up some plays to free up Triche/MCW/Cooney to take some outside shots? Could it hurt considering we have no offensive presence down low? Other than garbage time, I don't know if Syracuse took a 3 point shot in the 2nd half.

What did you guys expect? Pitt owns us. Same beat down year after year in the same way. Even in 03 when we won it all, they smoked us at the Pete.

They out- physical us, plain and simple.

I wish it were that simple JR. I would agree if we executed on offense and matched their physicality/intensity on defense. I haven't seen the Cuse 2-3 get exploited down low in.....well, I can't remember how long. Trevor Cooney gets some substantial minutes, yet he doesn't even attempt to get open or take a shot? Pittsburgh always plays us tough, and I expected a scrappy game. This Pitt team isn't nearly as good as in years past though. They got beat by Rutgers for chrissakes! We should have won this game IMO.

Still it doesn't make sense why they couldn't have the appeal hearing last week...unless it is a bit of a mea culpa on the teams part to envoke some sort of sense of restitution/punishment....

Hearing rumors that Southerland will be eligible for the St. John's game on 2/10.

I wish it were that simple JR. I would agree if we executed on offense and matched their physicality/intensity on defense. I haven't seen the Cuse 2-3 get exploited down low in.....well, I can't remember how long. Trevor Cooney gets some substantial minutes, yet he doesn't even attempt to get open or take a shot? Pittsburgh always plays us tough, and I expected a scrappy game. This Pitt team isn't nearly as good as in years past though. They got beat by Rutgers for chrissakes! We should have won this game IMO.

You're right. My comment was born out of frustration. Just kills me to lose a game like that to Pitt (especially since I live in Pittsburgh ).

if we got anything out of our bigs, we'd beat those guys. that dope Adams outplayed Christmas, which is shameful.

Oh,well-- on to notre dame in what looks like a must win.

You're right. My comment was born out of frustration. Just kills me to lose a game like that to Pitt (especially since I live in Pittsburgh ).

if we got anything out of our bigs, we'd beat those guys. that dope Adams outplayed Christmas, which is shameful.

Oh,well-- on to notre dame in what looks like a must win.

Oh god....at the end of the game, when Talib Zanna got that offensive board over three Syracuse players (I believe Christmas, Grant, and Keita) I very nearly kicked a hole in my television. Just pitiful, and completely exemplified Syracuse's effort and intensity on that day. I remembered how expensive my television was, however, so I chose to turn off the TV and go shovel the driveway.

I also agree, Notre Dame at home tonight is a MUST win. Won't be easy.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks