Is it even feasible to have another QB starting at NE in 3 weeks?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost benefits analysis:

Fitz calls a good game and his ability to help the O line by quick decision-making and through adjustments at the line of scrimmage are important skills. His arm is holding him and us back, no question.

TJackson (and, apparently, my mother-in-law) has a better arm. But does that outweigh the other stuff? Will he put his O line in a position to succeed? Will he make the right audibles, or even just not cost us timeouts because he doesn't know the playbook? Will his unfamiliarity with receivers and their routes mean that the benefit of his better arm is not going to be realized? (SJ seems to run somewhat unorthodox routes, at least getting off the line, so don't assume that he will easily mesh with a new QB.)

Chan is weighing these questions now, and it isn't clear to me what the answer is. It couldn't be any worse Fitz right now? Yes, as bad as he is playing (no excuses, it's bad), I could see how it well could be worse.

kj

So TJ isn't capable of throwing 150 yards for a game? I just cannot wrap my head around that theory. That it could be worse without Fitz starting. The playbook is just an excuse of an old coach who is on the fast track to senility. Sometimes it appears Gailey doesn't know the playbook.

FItzpatrick gives us the best chance to win, he hasn't played well yet - but he has before. We also apparently don't watch other QB's especially under a pass rush - they aren't very good. Even Brady with the rare pass rush in his face last week was brutal. No point in changing we are 3-3 and the three losses are to teams I don't think anyone had us beating so what gives ? We've been on Fitz all year thinking some other QB could sustain drives or put up 60 so we could win.

Let me start by saying I don't understand the whole TJax trade at all. Why trade for a guy who's about to be cut, and we could likely claim off waivers given our wonderful record last year, if you aren't going to use him?

Easy answer...This is The Buffalo Bills Organization...If there is a wrong decision to be made...Chances are we've done it... ;)

FItzpatrick gives us the best chance to win, he hasn't played well yet - but he has before. We also apparently don't watch other QB's especially under a pass rush - they aren't very good. Even Brady with the rare pass rush in his face last week was brutal. No point in changing we are 3-3 and the three losses are to teams I don't think anyone had us beating so what gives ? We've been on Fitz all year thinking some other QB could sustain drives or put up 60 so we could win.

No one had us beating the jets?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1

i don't understand these threads...

Who is going to step in? Are we going to fly to Denver and kidnap Peyton Manning and make him play for us? We don't have an elite QB because we couldn't get one... Why would we start people lower in the depth chart? It would be a lateral move or step down for sure.

But...but...since we haven't seen Tavaris Jackson suck horribly in a Bills uniform (only in a Vikings uniform), that means he's probably a Pro Bowler in waiting on the bench.

My thing is the Bills front office has to see what we see. Overthrows, underthrows to wide open WR's. I have seen Stevie fustrated more than a few times this season, being wide ass open and the ball no where near him.

As some posters have said why get TJax if they don't have plans for him??

That being said Fitz is the guy for this year. Only way a change happens is because of injury. Chan has hitched his wagon to Fitz. I hope that Fitz plays better .

That's the only hope we have for this year folks get used to it.

As some posters have said why get TJax if they don't have plans for him??

People keep posting this as though the Bills just drafted Jackson in the first round or gave him some Manning-level FA contract.

They wanted another backup QB on the rooster besides Thigpen and they got one. Simple as that.

Fitzpatrick throwing for 150 yards is the problem in Buffalo?? It seems as though to me that we have won every game this year where the defense didnt allow 45 points. 45 FREAKING POINTS! Wouldnt one think that is our problem? Fitz has shown that he can throw for 300 yards, and 3 tds. Unfortunately that doesnt always equal winning football. We dont have Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Tom Brady, etc etc. We have more or less Alex Smith, Michael Crabtree, etc etc. If the 49ers have shown us one thing its that a team can be a very good playoff, and even Super Bowl contender, with a decent QB, sound running game, and a great defense. We have the personnel for this formula.

Let me start by saying I don't understand the whole TJax trade at all. Why trade for a guy who's about to be cut, and we could likely claim off waivers

well, hes a 7 year vet so he wouldve been a UFA, not on waivers - no?

Still, he'd clear waivers and be a free agent. The Bills seem like they covet him and it's not difficult imagining that they win the TJax sweepstakes… without giving up a draft pick… for a player who the head coach says likely won't play this season.

I see no reason to stay married to Fitz.

You're man has a few tough days at work and you're gonna divorce him? Wow.

Promo I usually agree with you but 8 weeks to learn the play book and two weeks of first team reps to start should be enough to get tjax ready. Then he gets the first team reps every week moving forward so he should beagle to adjust to the adjustments

There's a difference between learning an NFL offense and teaching a dog when to drool.

Lets start brad smith, he seems awesome

Start Brad Smith at QB, trade Freddy for Dwayne Bowe, voila.

Championship!!!