Am I the only one? I ALMOST want fitz to bomb in this weekend...

I know this sounds ridiculous, but rather than the bills coming out and dominating the cardinals in all facets of the game, a part of me (a bigger part of me than id care to admit) wants fitz to come out and throw 4 picks in the first half and get benched.

I think at this point, as every thread on the main page can attest to, we know fitz isnt the answer.

But the thing is, theres so much talent on this team right now, that a QB switch could energize this team going into a winnable game next week at home against tennessee, and then into our bye week.

It seems like the kick in the pants this team needs to turn the season around, but it's only going to happen if fitz bombs AGAIN.

if we win in arizona, then come home and beat the titans with fitz under center, we'll be 4-3 heading into the bye, but will anyone REALLY feel confident in our ability to go on the road and beat new england and houston? we know how fitz plays in big games, theres no way we win those.

BUT, if thigpen comes in this week, plays well, then we smoke tennessee at home, suddenly, were 3-4 heading into the bye week, but playing with a hot hand at qb, and our next two opponents have no idea how to game plan for us. do they try to take away the run? what if thigpen has an arm and can beat them deep?

it might be the perfect time to make this switch - because if we COULD get a split from houston/new england with thigpen at qb, the direction of the team is going to seem a lot more solid heading into the (cake) backend of our schedule.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Fitz will probably light it up since it's a homecoming game for him.

Plus, I assume the roof (it's gonna be 90º) will be closed so no wind to help further flutter those wounded ducks.

I agree with the premise that Fitz is limited and he's not the answer, but you can't seriously think Thigpen would do any better.

There is some merit to the idea that when a backup steps in due to injury or whatever that the other players will step their game up to compensate, but I think in this case with the seemingly fragile collective psyche of the team, as soon as Thigpen reminds everyone why he's even more of a backup third-string journeyman than Fitz, the team will really collapse.

The idea that Thigpen will come in and energize the team is a stretch.

I realize the sentiment is for the team to bottom out so that some major change can occur to turn this thing around, but I don't see it happening. I don't think they will bottom out during this game, and even if they do, I don't think we will see anything major happening mid-season. We all have to ride this out together.

The other scenario is that they get their act together and beat a few teams. That may be a more believable scenario than the team completely falling apart and forcing Buddy or Chan into making some major coaching or player switch. Of course an injury to Fitz could mandate a switch, but I absolutely do not want to see that happen.

Yep, sounds absolutely ridiculous. The only hope of anything coming out of this season is Fitz greatly improving his play and the defense performing like a marginally competent NFL defense. If Fitz bombs, there is no salvaging the season.

I'd be all for it if TJax was ready but he's not. So no, I don't want Fitz to bomb. At the end of the day, were not mathematically out of anything and Fitz still gives us the best chance to win. Here's to hoping he finishes the year the way he started last year, and finished the year before when he was more than servicable.

I'd be all for it if TJax was ready but he's not. So no, I don't want Fitz to bomb. At the end of the day, were not mathematically out of anything and Fitz still gives us the best chance to win. Here's to hoping he finishes the year the way he started last year, and finished the year before when he was more than servicable.

How long does it take for t jax to be ready ? Seems a lil funny. If fitz bombs again vs zona Jackson should get a look. No other qb can be this bad and keep their jobs. 1-8 last year was real. No more excuses

Why? So Kelly Holcomb can come in off the bench?

PTR

Kelly from the bad news bears is a better qb than fitz. Who cares Fitzs accuracy rating is what a 30 out of 100 ? A move should be made if he looks donkey again vs zona

How long does it take for t jax to be ready ? Seems a lil funny. If fitz bombs again vs zona Jackson should get a look. No other qb can be this bad and keep their jobs. 1-8 last year was real. No more excuses

your preaching to the choir. I agree with you about Fitz and TJ. But that's besides the point. The main thing is, CHAN doesn't think TJ is ready. He's not practicing, he's not dressing for games. And we all know Thigpen sucks. TJ is the only option besides Fitz. I was a supporter of Fitz for a long time. I'm done. Do I think hebcan become average enough to not lose us games, sure, do I think he can be bad enough to lose us games? Of course. That's what he's been for us mostly. But Tyler Thigpen will never be the answer. If were benching Fitz it's either for TJ or for the future of this team and losing out for a top rated QB come draft time. Either way, Gailey needs to save his job and you won't see Gitz benched until he knows we are out of the playoff race, or he thinks TJ is ready. Wish all you want, but were living or dying with Firz and Gailey this year until were officially eliminated.

Sorry but I dont see Thigpen as being an improvement over Fitz. T Jack?....maybe, but as long as Gailey isnt giving him reps during the week, that aint happening either. Its Fitz or bust this year.

I would be tempted to "roll the dice" with TJ. Looking at our 2 blow-outs, how bad could it be?

Considering what the BILLS are paying him, reps or not, he's worth a try.

Why do I want any Bills to BOMB?

There are only 16 damn games per year. I enjoy watching them play even if I know they have been crap for a long time.

I wish that all players have a good game and my spirits for the rest of the week will be high!

IF FITZ and the BILLS BOMB, I will be pissed knowing that next week, they will not have resolved anything and will have a losing record.

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE FOLKS. A WIN TOMORROW and A WIN NEXT WEEK and we are where we should be.