6 Worst Teams In The League

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Whoever submitted that as a "strategy" should be muzzled until the world can be sure they'll never speak again.

The problems this would cause are so numerous that it's absurd, not the least of which are the lack of surrounding pro talent to give any of them reps to showcase or develop their abilities.

I agree the problem with that strategy is a lack of reps and development and having to cut the majority of your draft....but let's face it the bills current drafting hasn't been very productive nor successful. We are doing just fine missing the playoffs on our own.

Are we really going to miss draft picks like torrell troup, Aaron Williams, tank carder, ed Wang, Michael jasper etc....

The bills are going to continue to struggle for mediocrity until we find a franchise QB and I am at the point where I am willing to forsake entire draft classes to find one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think drafting 2 QBs increases are likelihood of finding a franchise QB over trading away our whole draft for 1. We may not end up with a top 5 pick, but there are plenty of excellent QBs to be had in the other parts of the first round. Flacco, Dalton (I know, technically a 2nd rounder, but still), Rodgers don't look too bad. Plus, there are a bunch of top 5 QBs that never pan out. It's a crap shoot, but if we get one somewhere in the first round plus another in the 3rd, we'll be fine.

Edited by kas23

As an argument against the "A quarterback can't fix a horrible defense" crowd, I would like to point out that the longer the offense is able to keep up sustained drives, the more time the defense has to rest.

But we could have taken Luck in this draft, and our defense would STILL have taken a pound from the Pats and 49'ers. Whether it's more time needed for the rookies or a simple need for more talent, any team with a half decent offense has walked all over us.

Although taking a qb with every pick is a terrible idea, I think we are at a point where drafting two qbs in the next draft would be a good idea

Or, if this Geno Smith is as good as some people here seem to think (I do not follow college football), mortgage the entire draft and give up whatever picks it takes to get him. I have to believe the majority of the defensive problems get fixed with new coaching. With a good young QB maybe the Bills can attract a good OC and/or HC and that coupled with the defensive personnel could attract a good DC.

Yeah I know I'm really reaching, but seeing at least one good path forward makes me feel better.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Wait, so there's a correlation between success and a good QB? Thanks for the update.

Respectfully,

The Buffalo Bills Front Office.

New Orleans - solid/excellent QB 1 - 4

Redskins - and and coming rookie 2 - 3

Panthers - up and coming rookie 1 - 4

Why aren't these teams listed since they are actually playing just as bad/worse football?

Because those teams would crush us by 40ish points.

Locker has the worst offensive line in the league and has a weak receiving corps. He's not as bad as the rest of the bunch. If he were on Cincinnati, he might be as good as Dalton

TN actually has a very good line...? Its Locker that blows man....

As an argument against the "A quarterback can't fix a horrible defense" crowd, I would like to point out that the longer the offense is able to keep up sustained drives, the more time the defense has to rest.

A corollary to this is that the opposing team's offense can't score points as long as our team's offense is on the field. The longer our offensive drives are, the less the opposing team's offense will see the field. So, I agree, a great offense can definitely lead to less points scored by our opponents.

A corollary to this is that the opposing team's offense can't score points as long as our team's offense is on the field. The longer our offensive drives are, the less the opposing team's offense will see the field. So, I agree, a great offense can definitely lead to less points scored by our opponents.

While true, what you guys are forgetting is that the opposite is also true. If the D would do its job and shorten the field it would help the O score more points...

Not a coincidence folks - the Bills are dead in the water until they find one. The confidence of this team has mirrored Fitz so get rid of him now.

Browns

Jax

TN

KC

Oakland

Buffalo

Jets (although I think Sanchez is the best of the bunch)

Every other team ahead of these has an up an coming rookie or a solid to excellent QB. Draft 7 fckin qbs if you have to next year and fix this shiitbag team once and for all......

You left off the Bears, the Lions, the Cowboys, the Dolphins, the Eagles, the Colts...there QBs aren't playing much better (or are playing worse) than Fitz.

Others not mentioned in by The Wiz

what's the Packers record? oh yeah 2-3

Look at last years black horse team Detroit @ 1-3 and Tampa Bay @ 1-3.

http://espn.go.com/n...am/_/stat/total

Total Offense - the Bills ae still in the top half

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

2nd from the bottom to NO. Look at the Putrids o still near the bottom (is it 2 or 3 years running)

6th worse - it aint true

Not quite sure what you are getting at here - are you saying that the Packers and Lions are as bad as the Bills? I am not looking at the actual records here as some don't indicate the talent on the team. Just because the Pack is 2-3 does not mean they are on the same level as the Bills. I think it is pretty easy to decipher who the worst teams are right now and from my point of view, the bottom 25% all have crappy QBs.

Rd1-Geno Smith

Rd2-Logan Thomas

Rd3-AJ McCarron

Rd4-Marqueis Gray

Rd5-Casey Pachall

Rd6-Brad Sorenson

Rd7-Mike Glennon

I think we'd be in RD3 before other teams figured out what we were doing!

With this front office, we would be in round 5 before they figured out what we were doing.

You left off the Bears, the Lions, the Cowboys, the Dolphins, the Eagles, the Colts...there QBs aren't playing much better (or are playing worse) than Fitz.

Whoaaaaaaa, hold on there a second. Are you really comparing Luck, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, Romo and Tannehill to "gulp" Fitz? Be honest here, you would take ANY of those guys in a heartbeat over Fitz....This whole Fitz throwing the most TDs thing has to stop. He can't beat a good team - period.

You are kidding right? Luck is playing like a seasoned vet on a team with far less talent then this one, other then at the WR position. Cutler had one bad game and has been very good. Romo is 10X the QB that Fitz will ever be, and I don't even like Romo. Fitz has reached his peak, Stafford has ups and downs, he is young and his ups have already been far better then anything Fitz will ever accomplish. Vick has so much more talent, and is a much bigger threat, but he has lost a step and the Eagles are trying to turn him into something he isnt. Tannehill has been at least as good as Fitz, if not better. I like Fitz, but the crazy statements people on here make to support him is ridiculous.

Whoaaaaaaa, hold on there a second. Are you really comparing Luck, Vick, Cutler, Stafford,

Romo :sick::doh:

and Tannehill to "gulp" Fitz? Be honest here, you would take ANY of those guys in a heartbeat over Fitz....This whole Fitz throwing the most TDs thing has to stop. He can't beat a good team - period.

I think he sucks to be honest. I am off the Fixpatrick wagon (as of this last week, I can only buy the excuses for the guy so long) but ask Cowboy fans how they feel about him, I doubt many think he is much better. Jerry is just too stubborn to admit his mistakes. Cutler is also far from a good QB IMHO

Also some QBs start out well and then flounder, we will see about Tannehill in the next couple of years and then decide. Miami has a history of having just as bad and dysfunctional FO as us, that may do him in. We will see.

Edited by bowery4

I think he sucks to be honest. I am off the Fixpatrick wagon (as of this last week, I can only buy the excuses for the guy so long) but ask Cowboy fans how they feel about him, I doubt many think he is much better. Jerry is just too stubborn to admit his mistakes.

I compare the Romo thing to letting Wade Phillips leave Buffalo. If Dallas cut Romo, they would not realize how good they had it while he was there. Same thing in Buffalo - ever since Wade left, this team has not had a winning season. If I was Dallas, I would draft a QB that would not have to rush with Romo in the mix. Tannehill has not looked bad at all for being 5 games into a pro career.

You are kidding right? Luck is playing like a seasoned vet on a team with far less talent then this one, other then at the WR position. Cutler had one bad game and has been very good. Romo is 10X the QB that Fitz will ever be, and I don't even like Romo. Fitz has reached his peak, Stafford has ups and downs, he is young and his ups have already been far better then anything Fitz will ever accomplish. Vick has so much more talent, and is a much bigger threat, but he has lost a step and the Eagles are trying to turn him into something he isnt. Tannehill has been at least as good as Fitz, if not better. I like Fitz, but the crazy statements people on here make to support him is ridiculous.

Crazy statements?

Tannehill has 2 TDs and 6 ints. He completes 57.7% of his passes.

Vick has 6 TDs and 6 ints and a bunch of fumbles. He's a huge liability for Philly. His ONLY talents ,ever, have been the ability to throw the ball really hard and to run at the first sign of pressure.

Romo has only 5 TDs and 8 ints. (he had a handful in his last game).

Stafford has his ups and downs. He's producing nothing now. When Fitz was "up" the first 5 games of last season, were you writing about how bad he was?

Cutler is a notorious turnover machine and game blower. His team wins games when he completes 54% of his passes and he throws no TDs and has an INT. Fitz's doesn't.

Crazy statements?

Vick has 6 TDs and 6 ints and a bunch of fumbles. He's a huge liability for Philly. His ONLY talents ,ever, have been the ability to throw the ball really hard and to run at the first sign of pressure.

Stafford has his ups and downs. He's producing nothing now. When Fitz was "up" the first 5 games of last season, were you writing about how bad he was?

Cutler is a notorious turnover machine and game blower. His team wins games when he completes 54% of his passes and he throws no TDs and has an INT. Fitz's doesn't.

Name one team in the entire NFL that would get marginally better with Fitz replacing their current starter. Be honest, you can't name one. Not even the Chiefs or Jags.

Crazy statements?

So the question is - you would not trade Fitz straight up for any of these guys? You really don't think these guys could do better on this Bills team? I'll throw a 2nd rounder and Fitz to get Romo, Cutler, Stafford or Vick in here (and trade for Tannehill straight up in a heartbeat)

While true, what you guys are forgetting is that the opposite is also true. If the D would do its job and shorten the field it would help the O score more points...

Thats true when the offence comes out and scores consitently or does more then going 3 and out everytime they get the football.

from the middle of the 3rd quarter in the Pats game, to the end of the 49ers game, how many times did the offence actually sustain a long drive?

So the question is - you would not trade Fitz straight up for any of these guys? You really don't think these guys could do better on this Bills team? I'll throw a 2nd rounder and Fitz to get Romo, Cutler, Stafford or Vick in here (and trade for Tannehill straight up in a heartbeat)

And thats why you post your trade ideas on message boards and play Fantasy Football while the real profesionals work in actual NFL teams front offices making deals.

Just because someone thinks that those QBs aren't any better, it doesn't mean they think Fitz is great or they would want to keep him.

Romo is almost out of a job in Dallas and is probably one of the most overrated QBs in the league

Cutler between tantrums on the sidelines and turning the ball over isn't doing anything to help the Bears win, they are winning cause the defence is scoring for him

Stafford, when healthy has been hot and cold

and Vick shows signs of being good, but then shows signs of being an issue/liability.

I don't think Fitz is a starting QB in this league, but it doesn't mean I would rather have the other garbage out there over him.