Bills 4-12 over the last 16 games ... Chan is not the man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan was 9-7 over the 2010-2011 seasons, or does this game not apply when it's good news?

PTR

Are you really wanting to defend Chan right now? Th point of the exercise is to say that this team's downward spiral started last year and continues into this season. I will be happy for Chan if he can turn this around. This outcome just seems highly unlikely though.

The answer to Chan is this... in my opinion Fitx IS the problem. i hate to say it but the guys are getting open enough. lots left on the field from the passing game. So who is truly to blame. Should Buddy have drafted the qb last year at all cost or a hefty sacrifice?

I find it hard to believe Chan told Nix that Ryan Fitzpatrick was the guy to get the ring.

Maybe Chan is stuck with him? What the heck can he say then?

Chan is smart but should be OC. The team is really young considering the lockout. Getting this team turned around over these last years has been painful at times. I am just going to wait the year out before calling Off with their heads.

I am sure they all know without us reminding them.

Chan was 9-7 over the 2010-2011 seasons, or does this game not apply when it's good news?

PTR

:huh:

Dick Jauron was 11-6 over 2007-2008, including stretches of 6-2 and 5-1. I guess he's good too.

Lets re-HIRE Dick Jauron !!!11

Seriously

Well one thing is for sure, Dick Jauron knows defense better than Nix or Gailey, which is no surprise. Nix and Gailey destroyed a decent defense in record time when they took over.

My question is which is worse, the Bills offenses under Jauron or their defenses under Gailey?

And which trademark catch phrase is worse:

"If I had the answer I would have already solved the problem. I don't have the answer"- Chan Gailey.

or

"It's hard to win in the NFL"- Dick Jauron

Edited by vincec

PTR

2010 4-12

2011 6-10

2012 2-3 and those 2 wins over the 0-5 Browns & 1-4 Chiefs. Those 3 losses Jets-Patriots-49ers the Bills set new records for being a bad defense

12-25 says it all. The 3rd year is when the team is supposed to come together, instead its falling apart. Worst defense in the history of the franchise

Time to concede Gailey IS worse then Dick Jauron, and Mike Mularkey, and Greg Williams!

My question is which is worse, the Bills offenses under Jauron or their defenses under Gailey?

"If I had the answer I would have already solved the problem. I don't have the answer"- Chan Gailey.

or

Both of the iconic phrases are equally inept. However, "I don't have the answer" is something that should never have been said outside the locker-room or to his subordinates.That statement was after his pathetic coaching lead to the historic failure both for the franchise and the NFL, for two games in a row, is among one of the lowest points in a franchise that has many.

Any criticism coming his way is deserved. He needs to get fired at the bye.

2010 4-12

2011 6-10

2012 2-3 and those 2 wins over the 0-5 Browns & 1-4 Chiefs. Those 3 losses Jets-Patriots-49ers the Bills set new records for being a bad defense

12-25 says it all. The 3rd year is when the team is supposed to come together, instead its falling apart. Worst defense in the history of the franchise

Time to concede Gailey IS worse then Dick Jauron, and Mike Mularkey, and Greg Williams!

:worthy: This.

If we loose this week & Wanny isn't fired and Fitz benched, then I'm all for cleaning house.

2013 rebuild - Polian as GM, Perry Fewell as HC, DeHaven ST, and any one of several for OC (Norv Turner, Nolan, etc......) Chan wouldn't be bad as an OC if there was someone to force his hand on issues such as picking a starting QB.

Perry Fewell just might be excited about & know how to use the talent we now have on D.

If we loose this week & Wanny isn't fired and Fitz benched, then I'm all for cleaning house.

2013 rebuild - Polian as GM, Perry Fewell as HC, DeHaven ST, and any one of several for OC (Norv Turner, Nolan, etc......) Chan wouldn't be bad as an OC if there was someone to force his hand on issues such as picking a starting QB.

Perry Fewell just might be excited about & know how to use the talent we now have on D.

I thought Fewell did a great job as an interim coach.

2010 4-12

2011 6-10

Calling Capt. Hindsight!

Just curious if you only joined TBD in the last few years. That may explain the lack of recall of the Jauron, Mularkey, Greggo and Wade Phillips eras. I remember them vividly. Each and every time (insert name here) was the worst coach in Bills history...at least according to TBD.

Remember why we said Phillips sucked? He wouldn't wear a headset! And he spoke with a southern accent so he sounded dumb. How about "Meathead" Mike? Called a pass play on 3rd & goal against Miami instead of running like we all knew he should of. Wound up blowing a 21-0 lead and losing.

Greggo and his airhorn, Jauron and his blank stare, Fewell because he had the stink of Jauron on him. We always know what coaches are idiots and need to be fired.

Like clock work we turn on every coach and clamor to start the process again, buying another 3 years of no playoffs.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Dick Jauron was 11-6 over 2007-2008, including stretches of 6-2 and 5-1. I guess he's good too.

Well one thing is for sure, Dick Jauron knows defense better than Nix or Gailey, which is no surprise. Nix and Gailey destroyed a decent defense in record time when they took over.

or

This ^

Calling Capt. Hindsight!

Just curious if you only joined TBD in the last few years. That may explain the lack of recall of the Jauron, Mularkey, Greggo and Wade Phillips eras. I remember them vividly. Each and every time (insert name here) was the worst coach in Bills history...at least according to TBD.

Remember why we said Phillips sucked? He wouldn't wear a headset! And he spoke with a southern accent so he sounded dumb. How about "Meathead" Mike? Called a pass play on 3rd & goal against Miami instead of running like we all knew he should of. Wound up blowing a 21-0 lead and losing.

Greggo and his airhorn, Jauron and his blank stare, Fewell because he had the stink of Jauron on him. We always know what coaches are idiots and need to be fired.

Like clock work we turn on every coach and clamor to start the process again, buying another 3 years of no playoffs.

PTR

None of these coaches you are "defending" were any good. Just because they got it wrong again doesn't make Chan better or worse than those you mentioned. He is the same - not a good HC. You can do the same thing for the QB situation. They have failed repeatedly finding either one.

This buying another 3 years you speak of - do you honestly think Chan can be or is a quality hc? He was average in his stop in Dallas and again at G Tech - I don't see any correlation between him being bad and the others being bad. Why does holding on to Chan somehow accelerate that timetable if his record shows otherwise.

None of these coaches you are "defending" were any good. Just because they got it wrong again doesn't make Chan better or worse than those you mentioned. He is the same - not a good HC. You can do the same thing for the QB situation. They have failed repeatedly finding either one.

This buying another 3 years you speak of - do you honestly think Chan can be or is a quality hc? He was average in his stop in Dallas and again at G Tech - I don't see any correlation between him being bad and the others being bad. Why does holding on to Chan somehow accelerate that timetable if his record shows otherwise.

I was hardly defending anyone. Just pointing out the broken record merry-go-round we are on. We run guys out of town then want to bring them back.

PTR

I was hardly defending anyone. Just pointing out the broken record merry-go-round we are on. We run guys out of town then want to bring them back.

PTR

Yeah I thought that which is why I put the defending in my op in quotes. It is a sad state of affairs. Maybe Kevin Costner will help though!