seriously.. whats wrong with the D

markgbe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the blizt%. I was only able to watch the first half today but have watched the first 4 games. I don't remember more than 2 or 3 times were we have blizt. We have the have the lowest % in the league. Also don't understand how everyone is soooo open. WR's are running free with nooo coverage. We aren't playing that much zone. Just don't understand.

Yes, they blitzed. It was completely and totally ineffective, but they did try it.

I think the defense has quit on the team. They have mentally checked and going thru the motions of playing to collect their checks. Ever since Moorman was fired, something must have happened two weeks ago.

He was clearly the emotional leader of the defense...

Is Kelvin Sheppard really that small or does he just play small?

Kyle Williams and Marcel were handled with ease for the second game in a row.

I actually thought lb play was the best part if the d today.... Wow that tells you something.

Good thing we got rid of Merriman. He just wasn't up to snuff. Even though the measly few games he played in last year, he had more impact than the entire D line combined this year.

FU Wannstedt, or whoever is making the calls. You actually made this defense worse. How--with the addition of Williams, Anderson and Gilmore--I don't know. But you did it.

This could be the worst D in the league and the worst in my Bills watching life. I actually thought it was going to be one of the best. WTF.

brian moorman used to lead the defense in motivational cheers before the game. hes the guy that stands over them when they lift weights and makes them gut out those last five. he is the one they all look to in order to provide inspiration and drive to be their best. he was the straw that stirred the defenses drink and without him they are simply adrift at sea

no its true

I am curious what other defensive coaches Gailey has worked with that might be available? If they make a midseason change, I would expect it to be someone that Gailey has worked with before.

Dave Campo? He's slumming it in a college coaching job.

He is the only guy I found. I searched "Chan Gailey coaching tree", but didn't get any active links. I believe Wannstedt will be fired at some point during the season.

Going into the bye week, perhaps? We can only hope.

You know, I really think you're on to something here. The ONE major difference between the team coming off a two game win streak and then performing at an historically low level is the loss of Brian Moorman, a team leader and one of its voted captains. Something happened indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, there is one other difference that was maybe a factor- Brown/Chiefs and then Pats/49ers maybe? Tiny bit different

Is it me, or does it seem like whenever an opposing receiver catches a short pass, all of the sudden he looks a foot taller, and much faster than anyone on the Bills defense? Brutal...like the Bills defense, as a collective has to gather themselves for a second to figure out where the receiver is going to go...they are going toward the !@#$ing endzone!!!!!!!

Going into the bye week, perhaps? We can only hope.

Cool, and here I was worried that Gailey would get canned, and Wannestedt would be the next headcoach! :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

You know, I really think you're on to something here. The ONE major difference between the team coming off a two game win streak and then performing at an historically low level is the loss of Brian Moorman, a team leader and one of its voted captains. Something happened indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

They played two better teams (Teams that went to their respective championship game last year) and lost....Previously they played two lousy teams in Kansas City and Cleveland and won... Moorman's loss has had zero impact on this defense. The coaching is bad all around. I believe this team has enough vocal leaders in Barnett and Williams. The problem is both of them are playing lousy at this point of time. They have no credibility to question the rest of the team.

Edited by ganesh

Bench Sheppard, Moats and get Morrison and Bradham inthere. Bench Aaron Williams and go with Rodgers or mcKelvin( yeah, i know). Get a new aggresive D coordinator to play attack styled defense instead of the read and react no blitz crap we've been seeing.....

We are not going to get an DC from the outside at this point in the season. If Wanny is canned, then one of the position coaches would have to take the role. I just don't see who has the pedigree to be the coordinator. May be Bob Sanders.

The offense is still the bigger problem. They cannot convert good special teams play, are very careless with the ball and cannot put points on the board against good teams.

We have the worst linebackers in the league. (Barnett's the only one worth keeping) Our corners are abused every week. When we do get pressure the QB runs up the middle into a gaping field where no linebackers can be found. Change needs to be made before next sunday