seriously.. whats wrong with the D

markgbe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Bills missed London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield & Donte Whitner today.

I think they would have been better off with Phil Villapiano, Mario Clark, Charles Romes and Steve Freeman today.

I mean, they might be almost 60 years old but they still would have played better than this garbage we trotted out there.

Everything.

We couldn't defend the deep pass, we couldn't defend the middle of the field, we couldn't defend the short slant, we couldn't defend the sideline passes, we couldn't defend the out, we couldn't defend the screen, we couldn't push the pocket up the middle, we couldn't edge rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the speed rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the bull rush, we couldn't beat single blocking, we couldn't set the edge in the sweep game, we couldn't clog the middle in the power running game, we couldn't man our gaps, we couldn't wrap and tackle, we couldn't tackle in the open field ...

There wasn't a single positive takeaway. Everything is wrong, and no one currently associated with this team can fix it.

Stay positive. :lol:

It makes me so mad that they were smacked like that. If the niners didn't screw themselves with penalties early the score would have been worse. This defense needs leadership and cohesion. Fire Chan and Dave now. I am begging you Buddy. Are you out there? Please just gather up their stuff and put it in a storage box and fire them. If they were unconscious they couldn't do a worse job or disappoint more. Really, the numbers show it Buddy. Just do it Buddy. We know you are thinking about it and you know you should. Walk to the phone and do it.

It would be easier to say what isn't wrong.

Our defense isn't just playing below expectations.

It isn't just playing bad or struggling.

It isn't just playing horrible.

It is setting NFL records for how poorly it is playing. No defense in league history has been run, passed or scored on as much as the 2012 Bills defense.

i may be completely talking out my @$$, but it seems like they are lacking a vocal, ra ra type leader. a guy to fire up the guys, keep them motivated and hold them accountable. someone like that may not matter at all, but when they are playing this way, i would like to see someone getting mad about it.

Shawne Merriman: gone

Chris Kelsay: here

It would be easier to say what isn't wrong.

Our defense isn't just playing below expectations.

It isn't just playing bad or struggling.

It isn't just playing horrible.

It is setting NFL records for how poorly it is playing. No defense in league history has been run, passed or scored on as much as the 2012 Bills defense.

It's the stuff of legends.

You could have the talent from the Probowl & we would get blown out with the schemes Wanny is running. Wanny makes George Edwards look Awesome.

We need a good DC before we scrap any players on defense. Same goes for WRs. We can't really tell what we have until we actually get a QB that can get the ball to them.

Step 1 - replace Wanny

Step 2 - bench Fitz

Draft Gino Smith.

The defense doesn't really seem to have an identity. On paper the D looks stuffed with talent/potential, especially the line, but during the game they just seem... outmatched, out-muscled, out-hustled... is this really our team? Where are the players that are fired up? Where are the players that demand accountability from each other? Where are the vocal leaders, lighting a fire under their teammates?

in the three losses the defense did almost nothing right, the last two especially. how does an nfl defense get to the point that just about every play is a long gainer, just about every drive is a touchdown? it seems impossible but we saw it with our own eyes last week. its the impossible nightmare that has come true for this defense

Is Kelvin Sheppard really that small or does he just play small?

How can a team get absolutely NO PRESSURE on the opposing QB?????

How frigging frustrating!

I mean their QB has all day to throw ... of course our opponents are setting all sorts of records ... any QB can pick apart our "D"

Kyle Williams and Marcel were handled with ease for the second game in a row.

Does anyone have the blizt%. I was only able to watch the first half today but have watched the first 4 games. I don't remember more than 2 or 3 times were we have blizt. We have the have the lowest % in the league. Also don't understand how everyone is soooo open. WR's are running free with nooo coverage. We aren't playing that much zone. Just don't understand.