Baseball playoffs

KD in CA

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Joe Buck say in one of the last two nights that AT&T is one of the loudest places to play in baseball. That sucks for you. I know you don't like that noise and probably are wondering why he would even bring it up.

Mike Harrington wrote an article in Sunday's Buffalo News about the difference between old and new Yankee Stadium and yes crowd noise was mentioned. The Yankees really ruined a great thing:

http://www.buffalone...PORTS/121029888

I have seen hundreds of games at Yankee Stadium and the new stadium sucks! My favorite seat would be the $6 dollar general admission bleacher seat that went on sale at 4 the day of the game- and if you were lucky you could catch a double header for that $6. That place was electric! The energy was incredible! The new place kind of looks like the old stadium, it is more sanitized and corporate friendly, but it has no soul. They ruined Yankee Stadium. It is all about money. 2 shots Jagermeister, 2 Heinekens at Hard Rock inside the new park- $48! Greedy mother!@#$ers have ruined one of the all time great stadiums. I want my $6 seat back in a real stadium

That article is spot on

Sure, no credit to the Giants. I'm sure that A-Roid would have put that letter high 94MPH into the center field seats too.

LOL

Verlander looked pretty good to me. The Giants were just getting great swings and having great ABs.

I have seen hundreds of games at Yankee Stadium and the new stadium sucks! My favorite seat would be the $6 dollar general admission bleacher seat that went on sale at 4 the day of the game- and if you were lucky you could catch a double header for that $6. That place was electric! The energy was incredible! The new place kind of looks like the old stadium, it is more sanitized and corporate friendly, but it has no soul. They ruined Yankee Stadium. It is all about money. 2 shots Jagermeister, 2 Heinekens at Hard Rock inside the new park- $48! Greedy mother!@#$ers have ruined one of the all time great stadiums. I want my $6 seat back in a real stadium

Yup, this is the bottom line on the Yankee 'atmosphere'. The Yankees have simply priced out a huge chunk of their fans for a better bottom line. Who needs 25 bleacher creatures paying $6 for admission and $6 for a beer and overflowing the toilets when you can get four polite hedge fund guys to pay $800 per ticket and spend another $1000 on food/drinks? And if that means extra fieldbox seats sit empty every game, so what?

LOL

Verlander looked pretty good to me. The Giants were just getting great swings and having great ABs.

Yup, this is the bottom line on the Yankee 'atmosphere'. The Yankees have simply priced out a huge chunk of their fans for a better bottom line. Who needs 25 bleacher creatures paying $6 for admission and $6 for a beer and overflowing the toilets when you can get four polite hedge fund guys to pay $800 per ticket and spend another $1000 on food/drinks? And if that means extra fieldbox seats sit empty every game, so what?

Well said. This is my problem with sports today. I love to play and watch any sport- but no longer watch TV. The greed has ruined it for me. I used to go to 10-30 games a year- now I listen to the Yanks on the radio

Well said. This is my problem with sports today. I love to play and watch any sport- but no longer watch TV. The greed has ruined it for me. I used to go to 10-30 games a year- now I listen to the Yanks on the radio

Sports has evolved into big business first and sport second. Television is the driving force, with the average fan paying their price via high cable TV bills and marketing dollars that are priced into new cars, prescription drugs and beer.

Other than TV contrats, teams can maximize revenue by raising ticket, consession and parking prices ($45 at Yankee Stadium for the playoffs btw) and so they have.

Now I don't begrude the Steinbrenner's their right to make money. No one else thought the Yankees were worth $10MM in the early 70s and that's a lot of money to invest so good for them for working hard to make their investment a good one. But it's a shame that they and other owners (eg., Woody Johnson) wouldn't take their foot off the gas at some point, and you'd think they'd want to do it before it got to the absurd situation they've created in Yankee Stadium where the best seats in the house sit empty game after game, playoffs included. But, it's a free country.

Yeah. And, I doubt the Yankees scored any runs in the first four innings of their last 5 games.

Actually I had it wrong. It was 21 runs in the first five innings of their last four games. That's jumping out to some quick leads on some pretty darn good starting pitching.

Actually I had it wrong. It was 21 runs in the first five innings of their last four games. That's jumping out to some quick leads on some pretty darn good starting pitching.

No question they've been hot. Verlander may not have had his best night but he wasn't throwing beach balls to anyone. The Scutaro at bat in the third was awesome. Runner on second; two out and Verlander was cranking it up big time. It was an out he 'needed' and he knew it. Scutaro fouled off some serious fastballs.... and then stayed back on a curve....and tagged it. Nothing cheap about that at bat.

Wife & I used to fight every time we went to San Francisco. Finally figured out it was because driving in the city was hectic and finding parking was worse. From that point on we would park at the hotel and not touch the car until we left. Public transit is easy to figure out.

Wife & I used to fight every time we went to San Francisco. Finally figured out it was because driving in the city was hectic and finding parking was worse. From that point on we would park at the hotel and not touch the car until we left. Public transit is easy to figure out.

Great idea. I'm thinking on going out there next year for a game or two. April or May.

Great idea. I'm thinking on going out there next year for a game or two. April or May.

It took me a bit to get used to the driving in SF. The hardest part is jaywalking is a sport here so you have to drive with your head on a swivel. However there is zero reason to drive in SF with the great public transportation, millions of cabs and the ability to walk most of it. The only time you'll want to get in your car is if you plan to go to wine country. My wife owns a scooter and I rented one on Saturday and we bombed all over town. It's probably the best way to see the city. If you interested I'll tell you the best place to rent them.

Regarding parking at the game, many, if not most, people just use MUNI or BART. We lived a couple of blocks from the stadium and I hated it on game day trying to get home with all the people.

It took me a bit to get used to the driving in SF. The hardest part is jaywalking is a sport here so you have to drive with your head on a swivel. However there is zero reason to drive in SF with the great public transportation, millions of cabs and the ability to walk most of it. The only time you'll want to get in your car is if you plan to go to wine country. My wife owns a scooter and I rented one on Saturday and we bombed all over town. It's probably the best way to see the city. If you interested I'll tell you the best place to rent them.

Regarding parking at the game, many, if not most, people just use MUNI or BART. We lived a couple of blocks from the stadium and I hated it on game day trying to get home with all the people.

Thanks. I did get your PM, though I've been a little swamped lately. I will respond to it, Jim.

Oh man - they sucked! Thanks for looking it up!

And with the Giants jumping out to quick lead of course is crucial. It takes a lot of pressure off their already great starting pitching but also takes a lot of pressure off the starting pitching.

And that place was loud last night wasn't it. :bag:

Babe. Reggie. Albert. Pablo? One of these things doesn't seem to belong. Still a hell of a game by him.

For those keeping track at home, Justin Verlander, for as good as he is, is now 0-3 with a 7.20 ERA in his World Series starts.

Babe. Reggie. Albert. Pablo? One of these things doesn't seem to belong. Still a hell of a game by him.

For those keeping track at home, Justin Verlander, for as good as he is, is now 0-3 with a 7.20 ERA in his World Series starts.

He's just not used to pitching to the NL. Look at his stats in the All Star Game. Thanks for homefield Justin. :D