First Time in 43 Months Unemployment Drops to 7.8%

3rdnlng

It's not a great report unless you have mediocre expectations.

For example, if the bills don't get creamed this weekend, most of us will be happy. This from a team that once dominated the afc

Well my language was "not so bad"...not great. Chosen for a reason.

And as for the team that once dominated the AFC. That's a blip now it's been about 30 years and the 30 years before that sucked too. It's just a losing team that had some sort of fluke which mercifully allowed them to become the greatest chokers of all time over a 4 year span. I love the Bills but this is what O'Reilly would call "fair and balanced" analysis. Or if you prefer Anderson Cooper...I'm merely keeping ya honest. Bills are one of the worst franchises in NFL history. Our sole brighspot is the part people use to knock us...it's hilarious.

Edited by TheNewBills

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair when it's bad it's fine. When it's not so bad it's either imperfect or corrupt.

I quit getting into discussions with you some time ago since you always seemed to revert to lawyer speak when you were getting your ass handed to you. This post of yours neglects to objectively look at the figures and question why they should have ostensibly improved. Pretend you are representing someone in a lawsuit and their opponent threw out the schit we saw today concerning unemployment numbers. I'll even give you a hint on where to start. Is there an inherent flaw in using surveys to prove anything? Would a Chicago politician ever stoop to cooking the books? I'll only discuss this further if you bring something other than a Howard Dean scream to the table.

lets see...

Unemployment rate at 8.1%

115,000 new jobs in Sept...

About 150-175,000 new jobs needed to keep pace with population growth..

Unemployment rate now at 7.8%

I didn't major in math in college, but something is wrong...

I know, according to gubment, magically, over 800,000 jobs came into being, in one month, for the first time since Reagan...

why the disparity?? Where did it come from? 115 to 800?? is about a 700% difference....

and some on here are actually celebrating??? Pretending this is normal, and right? Not questioning any of these numbers or the percentage of difference? Not questioning the impossibility of these stats??

Funny... I told my wife a year ago, the UR was being cooked, and that I knew, just before the election, we would drop just below 8%.... She laughed, and I told her to watch...

If any of you seriously believe these numbers are true, you need to go back to school, preferably one that teaches basic math...

It doesn't matter though... I'm not going to change your mind by showing you how stupid you are, just like I'll never convince you that PBO has the brains of a piss ant... My apologies to all the ants in the world...

I quit getting into discussions with you some time ago since you always seemed to revert to lawyer speak when you were getting your ass handed to you. This post of yours neglects to objectively look at the figures and question why they should have ostensibly improved. Pretend you are representing someone in a lawsuit and their opponent threw out the schit we saw today concerning unemployment numbers. I'll even give you a hint on where to start. Is there an inherent flaw in using surveys to prove anything? Would a Chicago politician ever stoop to cooking the books? I'll only discuss this further if you bring something other than a Howard Dean scream to the table.

god you are so mad...I type the obvious which is Repubs talk about the numbers when they're bad and hate on them when they're good you blow up...yesterday I talk about corrupt state legislatures (on both sides) gerrymandering safe districts and handing our democracy over to two private clubs who establish ridiculous procedural rules in congress and OC somehow insists I vouch for Nancy Pelosi's honor...you guys need to stop superimposing some militant black panthers mask over everybody's face just b/c they aren't marching in lockstep...say anything and all the sudden whatever is on your mind is being attacked.

"Hey PPP conservative guy! How is the weather? Wife doing ok?"

"How can you say that! Did you see the methodology of that poll it's corrupt. Nancy Pelosi is the devil and you defend her?! Chicago thugs messing w/ jobs numbers! Get the !@#$ of my lawn you are my enemy!"

god you are so mad...I type the obvious which is Repubs talk about the numbers when they're bad and hate on them when they're good you blow up...yesterday I talk about corrupt state legislatures (on both sides) gerrymandering safe districts and handing our democracy over to two private clubs who establish ridiculous procedural rules in congress and OC somehow insists I vouch for Nancy Pelosi's honor...you guys need to stop superimposing some militant black panthers mask over everybody's face just b/c they aren't marching in lockstep...say anything and all the sudden whatever is on your mind is being attacked.

"Hey PPP conservative guy! How is the weather? Wife doing ok?"

"How can you say that! Did you see the methodology of that poll it's corrupt. Nancy Pelosi is the devil and you defend her?! Chicago thugs messing w/ jobs numbers! Get the !@#$ of my lawn you are my enemy!"

NewBills---you are obviously trashed. This post of yours is all over the place. I won't take advantage of you though. You can thank me in the morning.

NewBills---you are obviously trashed. This post of yours is all over the place. I won't take advantage of you though. You can thank me in the morning.

Hehe, not trashed (yet). Seriously you guys need to step back and breathe when you get so worked up

From WSJ -

Unemployment decreased largely because more people started looking for work again, not that they actually got jobs. Still, a brighter report than in last 3 years. Our joke is that the rumored iPhone5 effect had something to do with it, as warehousing and transportation gained :)

Yet appl stock took a big hit today

BAM - and here it is

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

A day after "losing" the first presidential debate, President Barack Obama and his campaign accused his Republican challenger Mitt Romney of being dishonest about tax policy and other issues.

"If you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth," Obama said at a campaign rally Thursday in Denver.

"So here's the truth: Governor Romney cannot pay for his $5 trillion tax plan without blowing up the deficit or sticking it to the middle class. That's the math."

--------------

Romney continued to push his debate theme that there's been much federal spending under Obama, complaining of "trickle-down government" that has failed to solve the nation's economic woes.

BAM - a surprising report - unemployment drops to 7.8%

So apparantly lying has been redefined to include "running for office while not being sufficiently liberal".

First of all, calling it a "lie" is completely absurd. Going based on wrong models or predictions (assuming they are wrong) is not lying, it's being wrong. Going on unreasonable wrong predictions doesn't make you a liar, it makes you overoptomistic or unreasonable.

With that said, the President's statements about the Romney plan are entirely unfounded because Romney's models are reasonable.

https://www.princeto...rs/228rosen.pdf

Please refer to refer to paragraph 3 on page 2, sections 4-5 on pages 12-14, and the table on page 17.

Or, to simplify for the simple-minded: "3% growth is required, which, historically, is completely reasonable."

Unless your argument is that President Obama can't comprehend how anyone could conduct public policy in a way that would achieve 3% growth, which in and of itself should disqualify him from seeking office.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No (unfortunately for you) you're just stuck in the same liberal mindset as the others.

Anyone questioning, anyone disagreeing with the accepted mindset, well that can't be just a difference of opinion.

nope....all conservative criticism has to be based on hate.

That way you don't have to listen

don't have to dispute.

Those poor Right-wingers are just riling themselves up and hating again, right NB..........

I am so glad that I'm not that closed minded.

No (unfortunately for you) you're just stuck in the same liberal mindset as the others.

Anyone questioning, anyone disagreeing with the accepted mindset, well that can't be just a difference of opinion.

nope....all conservative criticism has to be based on hate.

That way you don't have to listen

don't have to dispute.

Those poor Right-wingers are just riling themselves up and hating again, right NB..........

I am so glad that I'm not that closed minded.

so I have criticism based on hate? please...I could care less if you question jobs numbers they're revised constantly sometimes entire years...it's inherently imperfect...every one of them...last 2 months have been revised...this month will be revised...etc...you guys are livid and it's hilarious...it's not some liberal conspiracy to say out loud that I find this funny.

and in any event I'm not here to battle I save my energy for issues I care about all I'm here to do is post my little posts and generate paragraphs of responses by accident

Hehe, not trashed (yet). Seriously you guys need to step back and breathe when you get so worked up

Yep, you're trashed. Doesn't matter, I'll probably get there soon myself. Your short post was designed to mask the fact that you probably can't walk across the room without "tacking". The amazing thing is that you thought I was worked up when I was just trying to encourage you to chill out a little for your own good. We conservatives have a big heart, and want to help you guys that seem to be lost. I'll be happy to recommend a therapist that might bring you back from the brink.

Yep, you're trashed. Doesn't matter, I'll probably get there soon myself. Your short post was designed to mask the fact that you probably can't walk across the room without "tacking". The amazing thing is that you thought I was worked up when I was just trying to encourage you to chill out a little for your own good. We conservatives have a big heart, and want to help you guys that seem to be lost. I'll be happy to recommend a therapist that might bring you back from the brink.

I'm trying to enjoy my herbal tea and MSNBC would you please stop responding it's messing with the enlightened vibe I have going right now I'm in a great place

I'm trying to enjoy my herbal tea and MSNBC would you please stop responding it's messing with the enlightened vibe I have going right now I'm in a great place

The only thing left for you is a John Stewart video and a night in bed with Rosie O"Donnell. Enjoy.

Perhaps the more damning story, however, is that even those with jobs have seen a substantial decline in their standard of living.

According to Bureau of Labor Statistics measures, the average hourly earnings of production and non-supervisory workers, after adjusting for inflation, has fallen to $8.71 from $8.92 since Obama took office.

In case anyone wonders, under George W. Bush average hourly earnings rose from $8.30 to $8.92. If Bush’s policies were as bad as Obama says they were, what does that make Obama’s policies, other than disastrous?

It's not a great report unless you have mediocre expectations.

For example, if the bills don't get creamed this weekend, most of us will be happy. This from a team that once dominated the afc

Did you read 1billsfan's post? He said "Seriously, who here believes this number?"

He's saying it's not factual. Same with Cinga above. He's a Republican, they don't really have a working relationship with factual data. The debate in the Republican mind is not whether its a good or bad report. They debate if you should believe the facts or not.

Edited by conner

lets see...

Unemployment rate at 8.1%

115,000 new jobs in Sept...

About 150-175,000 new jobs needed to keep pace with population growth..

Unemployment rate now at 7.8%

I didn't major in math in college, but something is wrong...

Each month the BLS releases the results of two surveys, the Business Survey and the Household Survey.

September Business Survey - only 114,000 new jobs created. This low number SUCKS! We need about 175,000 new jobs per month just to keep up with population increases.

September Household Survey - 873,000 Americans said they were working but 582,000 of that 873,000 (66%) are working only part time. This number sucks even worse than the 114,000 new September jobs in the business survey. So 66% of the .3% reduction in the UE rate down to 7.8% was due entirely to part time jobs.

Overall, a bad report for Obama.

Wall Street was up at the opening yesterday after the BLS report was released and going strong until the analysts there read the details of the part time jobs in the Household Survey and then the market started going down and ended up closing flat.

Edited by PearlHowardman

Yet appl stock took a big hit today

What does hiring by warehousing and transportation companies to get ready for the big sales of iPhone in September have to do with Apple's stock price on October 5?