What would Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells do with Ryan Fitzpatrick?

HOUSE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parcells and Bellicheck had Phil Simms and Drew Bledsoe as their starters respectively until Bellicheck fell into Tom Brady in the 6th round of the draft.

Simms had 199 TD and 157 INT including 4 seasons in which he had as many INTs as TDs, and Bledsoe had 251 TD and 206 INT including 6 seasons in which he had as many INTs as TDs.

They would deal with Fitz the exact same way they delt with the QBs they did have. By putting him in a position to succeed, and getting the best he has to give out of him. Both Simms and Bledsoe are borderline HOFers.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Interesting fact BB was in year 2 when he won the SB with a no name QB called Tom Brady at the time. Been a winner ever since, he was not close to being fired at all.

Before the Mo Lewis game, he went 5-11 and then started 0-2 the following season. This was after he got fired from Cleveland after going 5-11. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm Now, I understand you're a Pats fans and probably started liking them in 2001, but BB was a bad coach pre-Brady. :P

He was a great DC but was a lousy head coach prior to Mo Lewis. Brady made BB a lot more than BB made Brady. Behind every great coach is a great QB. It's one of the reasons I think Joe Gibbs deserves consideration for being one of the best coaches ever. He did more with less at QB than anyone.

I don't think either would give Ryan Fitzpatrick the hook in favor of Vince Young or Tarvaris Jackson. They would game plan to his strengths, and not put him in a position to throw 3-4 INTs a game.

And they would win with him.

This - they've both done it in the past with other QBs and it's pretty obvious that's what they'd do with Fitz.

I love that the OP thinks they'd have kept VY and made him the starter. Yeah, a guy who is OUT OF THE LEAGUE would be the starter if a great coach were coaching the Bills... :rolleyes:

Wow, on most boards that give you at least a stern warning for attacking a poster for no reason, if not a time out from posting.

C.Biscuit97

I was not talking about the RESULTS from the game but the EFFORT the D seemed to be given in the 4th quarter. No matter how bad the game was for the Pats last yr the D always kept playing hard there is IMO no excuse for guys getting paid so well not to give 100% till the very end especially at HOME! shocked the Bills fans were not booing the crap out of them for their effort.

He was just busting your chops a bit. And I agree with you hundred %. I don't like losing but the effort sucked. I think everyone went in such a shock from "We're going to beat NE" to "We can't stop a nose bleed." It was awful to watch.

And keep posting here. I enjoy your posts more than some Bills "fans" here. And without a doubt, as much as a stuck up metrosexual he is, I'm so jealous of your QB situation.

Before the Mo Lewis game, he went 5-11 and then started 0-2 the following season. This was after he got fired from Cleveland after going 5-11. http://www.pro-footb...hes/BeliBi0.htm Now, I understand you're a Pats fans and probably started liking them in 2001, but BB was a bad coach pre-Brady. :P

He was a great DC but was a lousy head coach prior to Mo Lewis. Brady made BB a lot more than BB made Brady. Behind every great coach is a great QB. It's one of the reasons I think Joe Gibbs deserves consideration for being one of the best coaches ever. He did more with less at QB than anyone.

lol 1ST I been a Pats fan since Tony Eason became Tony "Turtle" Eason in 1986. That said it was widely thought the Jets game or the next one was going be Bledsoe last period. BB loved Brady and in his first yr he kept him as the 4th QB because he loved his work ethic. So Bledsoe was on his last legs here.

I also know they were 5-11 the year before, Bledsoe had lost his edge BIG TIME. That said BB had at least one more year to prove himself and I am pretty sure 2002 would have been Brady the starter with Bledsoe to Buffalo still happening. Now what happened from there no one will ever know as Brady took over played smart and let the D win the Game for him.. 9Brady was a game manager in 2001 FITZ could have done that job that year.)

lol 1ST I been a Pats fan since Tony Eason became Tony "Turtle" Eason in 1986. That said it was widely thought the Jets game or the next one was going be Bledsoe last period. BB loved Brady and in his first yr he kept him as the 4th QB because he loved his work ethic. So Bledsoe was on his last legs here.

I also know they were 5-11 the year before, Bledsoe had lost his edge BIG TIME. That said BB had at least one more year to prove himself and I am pretty sure 2002 would have been Brady the starter with Bledsoe to Buffalo still happening. Now what happened from there no one will ever know as Brady took over played smart and let the D win the Game for him.. 9Brady was a game manager in 2001 FITZ could have done that job that year.)

It's the standard Pats insult haha. I passed it out to a lot of Pats fans at the tailgate. Very good time hanging with them and all very respectful.

BB is a HOFer and will go down as one of the greatest coaches ever. But it just shows no matter how great of a coach you are, if you don't an elite QB, you're extremely limited. I love Fitz' attitude and he is servicable but the Bills are limited right now. IMO, the best thing about the 49ers is their head coach. I think he is the best coach in the game for what he has to work with at QB. He is the thing I fear most about playing them (besides their ILBs).

He was just busting your chops a bit. And I agree with you hundred %. I don't like losing but the effort sucked. I think everyone went in such a shock from "We're going to beat NE" to "We can't stop a nose bleed." It was awful to watch.

And keep posting here. I enjoy your posts more than some Bills "fans" here. And without a doubt, as much as a stuck up metrosexual he is, I'm so jealous of your QB situation.

Losing sucks, but I personally can handle it my team seems to be giving it effort. For example last year the Pats could not stop the Bills O but they never stopped TRYING to, they never made it look easy. Same with the Bills last year when facing the Pats I always saw effort from the D, this game looked like they were spending their game checks in their minds instead of playing the 4th quarter. (I love football and I hate seeing crap like that.) And I know BB as a coach would not stand for that neither would Parcells HEADS would roll..

Edited by PatsFanNH

They would probably make him a backup where he belongs.

The Turnovers IMO is your OC fault. His play calling goes against Fitz strengths.

Thay may be the case on some occasions but not all, or close to all. How is it play calling when you have a TE 15-20 yards down the field and Fitz throws it in the turf 3 yards in front of the receiver? Or you have a receiver wide open and he throws it to the defender like he is color blind?

Thay may be the case on some occasions but not all, or close to all. How is it play calling when you have a TE 15-20 yards down the field and Fitz throws it in the turf 3 yards in front of the receiver? Or you have a receiver wide open and he throws it to the defender like he is color blind?

Watch other QBs - they miss WR badly too. I was watching the Giants game this week and Eli misses guys badly all the time. This isn't the problem.

The biggest problem I see that Fitz does differently than top QBs is that he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and move on to the next play. Watch the good QBs play - the moment the play starts going south a guy like Brady or Manning just throw the ball into the dirt near a WR and move on. This prevents the big mistakes by forcing the ball. I can't think of the last time I saw Fitz give up on a play and just throw it away. If he could ever learn to do that the Bills would be much better off.

Watch other QBs - they miss WR badly too. I was watching the Giants game this week and Eli misses guys badly all the time. This isn't the problem.

The biggest problem I see that Fitz does differently than top QBs is that he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and move on to the next play. Watch the good QBs play - the moment the play starts going south a guy like Brady or Manning just throw the ball into the dirt near a WR and move on. This prevents the big mistakes by forcing the ball. I can't think of the last time I saw Fitz give up on a play and just throw it away. If he could ever learn to do that the Bills would be much better off.

All QBs have bad passes, no doubt, but not every other pass like Fitz does.

Thats just it, Fitz strength is NOT the long ball, it is actually a weakness and IMO the bills call to MANY long ball plays instead of playing smart safe football which IMo what you need with Fitz as a QB...

What would Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells do with Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Cut him and find a new quarterback ASAP. I think that means using T Jax for the rest of the season and being a run oriented, PA pass offense. Then obviously drafting one or two QBs in April. Real coaches don't accept turnovers.

+1

Wow, on most boards that give you at least a stern warning for attacking a poster for no reason, if not a time out from posting.

I was not at all attacking. I like your content and what you ad to the board. You provide a reasonable evaluation of a team that you do not closely follow. I can't just say I like a Pats fan. That's just silly talk. But you're at least ok in my books and know football. Sorry if I insulted ya!

Thats just it, Fitz strength is NOT the long ball, it is actually a weakness and IMO the bills call to MANY long ball plays instead of playing smart safe football which IMo what you need with Fitz as a QB...

Makes it even more troublesome that they tempt him to throw with a speedy WR in Graham. Last year we succeeded with YAC. Teams figured it out and our system. Now we are vulnerable.

Edited by jboyst62

I purposely picked two no-nonsense head coaches that won Superbowls. Neither head coach will resort to excuses, its win or see ya!

Here are the questions,

#1 Can we trace the lack of TEAM confidence back to Ryan Fitzpatrick? How does 7 interceptions in two key games effect any NFL teams confidence?

Would either head coach stick by their guy after last weeks game considering the embarrassing loss to the NY Jets? At some point you have to ask yourself, is this working??

#2 Can the Buffalo Bills win with a limited short pass offense through the playoffs? Belichick & Parcells want to win playoff games, not just get there.

I believe both head coaches would have built the offense around Vince Young rather then force a complicated offense on a guy that can't handle it.

Learn the offense over time, not a few preseason games.

#3 Is Ryan Fitzpatrick a true team leader for the Buffalo Bills or just the guy playing Quarterback ? Benching a poor quarterback can help a team re focus and eliminate the main cause of turnovers. Every expert says the same thing about the Bills, turnovers are killing them. Can we really afford to do nothing?

#4 If not Fitzpatrick, then who? I seriously doubt either head coach would back themselves into a corner with no real options..Tavaris Jackson would certainly move up by now. Its called planning ahead with a solid plan B.

So, what would both head coaches do with Ryan Fitzpatrick while addressing team confidence problems? The best coaches move on quickly with a solid plan. The average head coach just holds the course till he is eventually fired.

Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to the 49ers game. Hopefully things will improve.

GO BILLS!!

They would run the ball 75% of the time. They would keep Fitz, because he is easily the best QB on the roster, but work around his flaws.

They would still have Fitz at this point because there aren't any better QB's to be had right now.

They wouldn't have anything to do with Vince Young.

Just cutting your QB without a better option, is really dumb.

Edited by Matthews' Bag