Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

No, he did not give us that lead. Scott Chandler (and the D creating turnovers) gave us that lead, and Fitz "I can't throw over 10 yards accurately over 10 yards" Fitzpatrick had 2 INTs by that point, and overthrew a WIDE OPEN TJ Graham. No point having a fast WR when your QB sucks. Fitz would later throw another INT by AGAIN under-throwing a open WR.

Had Johnson wide open in the third and he threw the ball OOB. Had a wide open Johnson in the fourth and he threw the ball where Johnson had no opportunity to keep his feet in bounds. Both of those were before the game was over. Graham is too fast for him; he outruns Fitzpatrick's throws.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for everyone saying that fitz is average at best, he leads the league in TDs..ya he also has a high amount of ints but no one here is saying he's brady or manning. But you don't lead the league in tds and are just average, or according to some of you, garbage.

Everyone on this team needs to step up their game including fitz..but the 6000 fitz sucks threads are idiotic.

Ya that's real smart, let's put thigpen in there. This board is full of geniuses.

We're 2-2 not 0-4 like the saints and brees will be. Let's bench the league leader in tds and put in thigpen. Genius.

Actually, what's idiotic are the posts defending a QB that most likely also leads the league in under-thrown and overthrown balls to WIDE OPEN WR's. That's great, he leads the league in TD's. SO WHAT. That does not equal wins when you throw 3 INT's and overthrow WIDE OPEN WR's all game. He is an average QB. We should have been up at least 28-7 early in the 3rd. The Pirates set team records for strikeouts of other batters this year. BIG DEAL. Another loosing season for them. Stat's don't mean jack when the TD's come in garbage time, or after throwing 3 INT's, or after missing other opportunities to score TD's against a team you must put points up against .

Had Johnson wide open in the third and he threw the ball OOB. Had a wide open Johnson in the fourth and he threw the ball where Johnson had no opportunity to keep his feet in bounds. Both of those were before the game was over. Graham is too fast for him; he outruns Fitzpatrick's throws.

100% spot on. He overthrew Graham in the 2nd quarter also. He can't throw over 10 yards. He's a backup QB and no more. The Bills blew it big time by not drafting Wilson.

It's not a coincidence that I started this thread after this game because this game perfectly sums up his career to me. Blah start. Great middle to give hope, still making a few just off throws to make you worried, then looks like a child compared to a real QB. I'm not putting this game on Fitz, but he didn't win it either and it's a great representation of his entire career IMO

4 ints. It means our defense was out there for more times than they needed to. But fatigue is only a setting in Madden, right?

2 of those ints were after we had our ass handed to us! The front line was a no show today as well as the linebackers! absolutely horrible game by the defense as well as some key turnovers earlier on!

Hey, 2 garbage time ints today right?

If people want to hammer Fitz or padding his stats, well he had 2 garbage time ints that shouldn't really count by that logic also. Oh, ut that's right nobody will let those 2 pics slide will they.

Does it really matter? He's a back up that should never had been put in the position he's in.

Is it not fair to say that Brady got just as much Defensive support and turnovers not caused by him? Yet look at the difference in response. Brady calls audibles and just carved us up. He was hitting Welker on out routes all day. Fitz overthrew them all day.

Let's make this really simple. Because this is not about the rest of the team. Are you saying that Fitz is the QB you want in there. Not, "He's what we have" or "we could do worse." Is he your guy. When next years offseason rolls around, are you not looking at QB's?

Myself, I wanted it to be Fitz. I really did. I just can't believe in him anymore

It's not a coincidence that I started this thread after this game because this game perfectly sums up his career to me. Blah start. Great middle to give hope, still making a few just off throws to make you worried, then looks like a child compared to a real QB. I'm not putting this game on Fitz, but he didn't win it either and it's a great representation of his entire career IMO

Well obviously he didn't win it or the Bills would have won. Crazy.

Look no use beating a dead horse, agree to disagree. Fitz put us in position to win the game in the 3rd. Thats what QBs do and I'll leave it at that.

Me, Im more upset that our crazy expensive defense couldn't force a punt the entire second half and gave up 52 points.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well obviously he didn't win it or the Bills would have won. Crazy.

Look no use beating a dead horse, agree to disagree. Fitz put us in position to win the game in the 3rd. Thats what QBs do and I'll leave it at that.

Is he the QB you want on the field for us, this season and next. Simple Question.

Is he the QB you want on the field for us, this season and next. Simple Question.

Yes! The team has scored 28,35,24,28 points, maybe the defense needs to show up on occasion, ya think? Offense isn't eh problem. If you can't see that you don't know football.

Who do you suggest be the QB instead?

If Nix & Gailey speak so much truth, then one would expect the answer to be. Not yet determined, and certainly not on the present roster. Putting up 20+ against other NFL bottom feeders in a couple of wins isn't all that impressive.

They don't exist, unless you want to try to trade for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

We draft busts because we expect them to be legends right off the bat with no help.

Not trying to defend Fitz, but one of his INTs was deflected by Wilfork at the line of scrimmage. I would be willing to overlook that one when racking up reasons why he isn't very good. And Wilfork had to reach pretty high to get to the ball, so it wasn't thrown particularly low thus making it easy to deflect.

If Nix & Gailey speak so much truth, then one would expect the answer to be. Not yet determined, and certainly not on the present roster. Putting up 20+ against other NFL bottom feeders in a couple of wins isn't all that impressive.

but Jets and Pats, bottom feeders huh? 28 points against both of them is.

but Jets and Pats, bottom feeders huh? 28 points against both of them is.

Did we win or lose to them? Give us a break. Points only matter who has the most at the final gun especially garbage time TD's against superior divisional opponents. You should re-think your argument, it holds no water.

Did we win or lose to them? Give us a break. Points only matter who has the most at the final gun especially garbage time TD's against superior divisional opponents. You should re-think your argument, it holds no water.

So points against good defenses in a loss don't count? Really! Dumb logic!

Does Fitz get to discredit the 2 garbage time interceptions also? Your logic suggests this. Maybe you are the one who needs to rethink!

So let's put Aaron Rodgers in at QB in today's game. Does he play on both sides of the football or does he have to score more than 52 points to win?

hey mr blind fitz supporter.....notice how players like TJ Graham are essentially worthless with Fitz back there......He can't get it done.....his deep ball is crap........and i think fitz played "a good fitz game" whatever that is.....rewind on the dvr and check out the "floater" just a joke of a throw..Fitz is not up to the task and it is easy to see

with that said.....he did have a lead and the D....or should I say the Wannstedt and Bryan Scott version of defense....so i hate to bash on fitz today but he needs get a deep ball or get off the field (exibit A Matt Ryan winning a game today with a deep ball)

Fitzpatrick had a very good day, disregard his "garbage time" stats, and an unlucky deflection pick, and he was 3 TD for 2 INT. Looks on par with two RB fumbles and 52 points allowed by our defense, right? Must've been all Fitz's fault.

So points against good defenses in a loss don't count? Really! Dumb logic!

Does Fitz get to discredit the 2 garbage time interceptions also? Your logic suggests this. Maybe you are the one who needs to rethink!

I'll end my input on this thread by saying I'm happy there are still 2 Fitz supporters left. He needs some love along with his pathetic head coach.