Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So very sad to have a playoff caliber team and a Div. II caliber QB. :( . Until QB is addressed........ fuhget about it.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly which aspect of our league worst defense is 'playoff caliber.' Starting the the DC and working your way down, what is it that screams PLAYOFFS! on that defense?

GO BILLS!!!

This is pretty amazing... I remember we had a chance to grab Cam Newton everybody was upset like "No we dont want Scam Newton" "No we dont want a guy who's father runs him" "He wont fit in look at the stands and look at him (That was pure ridiculous)" or Mike Vick "No we dont want a dog killer id rather lose" "No we dont want MV7 he sucks" "He hasn't changed" All I heard was "Fitz is our guy" "Fitz is the man he's better than Mike and Cam" "Fitz is more accurate than Mike (That comment was more off than a fitz pass).. LMAO I guess that went out the window and I was right..... I'll accept my trophy after the season...

Lol this is unreal you have a guy in fitz who is what he is... A guy who can consitently field a top 15 offense, something by the way we would have killed for during the losman and Edwards days..so we go out and draft/buy a " great d" that can't get the job done and you ppl blame it on fitz... You ALL know what he is but with even a decent defense logic was we could make the playoffs. The guy puts you up 21-7 in the 3rd throws for 350 throws 12 Tds in 4 games and you still try to pin it all on him? Come on guys you all knew coming in he wasn't Brady so get over it this is on the D if anything fitz is the biggest over achiever in nfl history.. I could say the opposite about Mario at this point

Edited by Bills14

This is pretty amazing... I remember we had a chance to grab Cam Newton everybody was upset like "No we dont want Scam Newton" "No we dont want a guy who's father runs him" "He wont fit in look at the stands and look at him (That was pure ridiculous)" or Mike Vick "No we dont want a dog killer id rather lose" "No we dont want MV7 he sucks" "He hasn't changed" All I heard was "Fitz is our guy" "Fitz is the man he's better than Mike and Cam" "Fitz is more accurate than Mike (That comment was more off than a fitz pass).. LMAO I guess that went out the window and I was right..... I'll accept my trophy after the season...

ya, your boy Cam is a REAL prize. your hello kitty t-shirt is in the mail. :rolleyes:

Edited by bobobonators

When was it that "we had a chance to grab Cam Newton"?

And have you watched Vick or just played as him in Madden? Fitz isn't the answer but Vick hasn't produced much different than Fitz.

Lol this is unreal you have a guy in fitz who is what he is... A guy who can consitently field a top 15 offense, something by the way we would have killed for during the losman and Edwards days..so we go out and draft/buy a " great d" that can't get the job done and you ppl blame it on fitz... You ALL know what he is but with even a decent defense logic was we could make the playoffs. The guy puts you up 21-7 in the 3rd throws for 350 throws 12 Tds in 4 games and you still try to pin it all on him? Come on guys you all knew coming in he wasn't Brady so get over it this is on the D if anything fitz is the biggest over achiever in nfl history.. I could say the opposite about Mario at this point

Just in case you were wondering...

con·sis·ten·cy: the ability to maintain a particular standard or repeat a particular task with minimal variation

I think he probably has to do it more than once to be consistent.

Edited by Billsrhody

Just in case you were wondering...

con·sis·ten·cy: the ability to maintain a particular standard or repeat a particular task with minimal variation

I think he probably has to do it more than once to be consistent.

Well take into account the way he finished 2010 and what there on pace to do this year and you get the point...from the second the guy became the starter we started scoring points which was not the case with anyone else under center

When was it that "we had a chance to grab Cam Newton"?

And have you watched Vick or just played as him in Madden? Fitz isn't the answer but Vick hasn't produced much different than Fitz.

ya, your boy Cam is a REAL prize. your hello kitty t-shirt is in the mail. :rolleyes:

You two guy are awesome... How many pro bowls has fitzeyebooger been too??? How many playoff games has fitzeyebooger been too??? How many records does fitzeyebooger have?? How many awards has fitzeyebooger have??? Dont worry I'll wait.. This should be good.. *grabs popcorn*

To even utter or think that Fitz is anywhere near their caliber of quarterback is straight dumb... No offense *pun untended*

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

So...Greatly under-throwing a wide open TJ Graham, resulting in an INT is not a Game changer because the Pats went 3 and out following that? Really?...That was 6 right there...I promise you a HC is not looking at that INT and saying it's OK because The pats did not follow it up with a score...It was a missed GOLDEN opportunity...The type you get only once or twice a game...Then he over compensates and overthrows the next time he has a man open deep...Another example was the throw to a wide-open Stevie Johnson that led him out of bounds...These are opportunities that the top QB's absolutely kill you on...Fitz reads them, but all to often he can't back it up with his arm...Those plays change the game in many ways because they also frustrate the hell out of the guy that beat his man soundly...And against Brady, and the Pats, you damn well need every one you can get...

I get your point, and it has some validity...But...Just saying... B-)

Good post. :thumbsup:

I'm getting tired of the excuse-making for Fitz. Based on some of the comments I've read, you'd that it's no big deal for a QB to throw four interceptions--almost expected, in fact. As a great man

"I don't care who you play. Whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less an NFL team, when you turn the ball over five times, four interceptions . . . you ain't going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. That was a disgraceful performance. . . . We gave it away."

Over the course of that game, the Bills' offense averaged just 1.75 points per possession. That's typically not going to be enough to beat the Patriots.

Over the course of the game, the Patriots averaged . . . 3.5 points per possession! :o The Patriots averaged a mere 1 point per possession in the first half, and 5.6 points per possession in the second half. Both teams had a lot of possessions because this game was rich with turnovers, three-and-outs, and quick-scoring drives. Allowing 3.5 points per drive--as the defense did--is unacceptable.

Scoring just 1.75 points per possession--as the offense did--is also unacceptable. Much of the blame for the latter is on Fitz. Fully 25% of the Bills' possessions were wasted because of his INTs alone. Other Bills' possessions turned into squandered scoring opportunities because of his inaccurate throws. Put a real QB back there, and that 1.75 points per possession stat would have gone up a lot. Probably not enough for the Bills to win, but it would have been a much closer game.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

You two guy are awesome... How many pro bowls has fitzeyebooger been too??? How many playoff games has fitzeyebooger been too??? How many records does fitzeyebooger been too?? How many awards has fitzeyebooger have??? Dont worry I'll wait.. This should be good.. *grabs popcorn*

Did we have a chance at Cam or not? The answer is no. What the hell do you mean by "how many records has he been to??" your posts are nonsensical and completely incoherent.

I would've liked Cam (and so did the Bills) but he was taken before our pick and there was no chance to move up. I don't think we'd be any closer with Vick but it's debatable--- and the Bills wanted him, too.

We need better quarterbacking overall. This isn't exactly !@#$ing Unsolved Mysteries--- it's pretty clear.