Friday's Post-practice RB update

JÂy RÛßeÒ

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/jackson-optimistic-spiller-a-maybe-for-pats.html

Fred Jackson optimistic for Sunday, C.J. Spiller a maybe

September 28, 2012 - 1:05 PM

By Mark Gaughan

Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey said today running backs Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller both took part in practice Friday and both will be listed as questionable for Sunday's game against New England.

"I think they both have a chance, a legitimate chance," Gailey said after the team's workout in the Bills Fieldhouse. Both were somewhat limited in the workout. Jackson is coming back from a sprained knee, Spiller from a shoulder injury.

Jackson, in the locker room after practice, was optimistic about playing.

"It got better as the day went on today, so that's always good," Jackson said. "It felt good yesterday, too, after practice. Excited to see what happens on Sunday."

Gailey acknowledged he would not have expected on Monday that Spiller would have been able to do some work Thursday and Friday.

"Not a chance," Gailey said. "It was great to get Spiller back because it keeps our Wildcat stuff alive, so that's good."

Still, given the fact Spiller only got a couple of snaps on Thursday, he's probably more questionable than Jackson.

Gailey said. "It was great to get Spiller back because it keeps our Wildcat stuff alive, so that's good."

What does that mean?

Seems like a bit of a decoy thing to me. Forcing the Pats* to prepare for CJ and Ferddie. My guess is that they are both very limited if they play at all but I love what Chan is doing. Giving Belicheat a taste of his own medicine.

Gailey said. "It was great to get Spiller back because it keeps our Wildcat stuff alive, so that's good."

What does that mean?

Memo to patriots, you need to waste valuable practice time on thi dumb ass formation we might or might not run a couple times.

If you think BellyCheat is staying up nights worrying about a hobbled FJ or CJ then I have a bridge I can sell you cheap ;)

He will prepare for the Bills running game in general because that is the cornerstone of the Bills offense. But he won't waste much if any time worrying about still injured players that may try to play.

Now if FJ and/or CJ are actually healthy and this entire thing is a smokescreen, that would be impressive :)

If you think BellyCheat is staying up nights worrying about a hobbled FJ or CJ then I have a bridge I can sell you cheap ;)

He will prepare for the Bills running game in general because that is the cornerstone of the Bills offense. But he won't waste much if any time worrying about still injured players that may try to play.

Now if FJ and/or CJ are actually healthy and this entire thing is a smokescreen, that would be impressive :)

That would be impressive. The Bills catch the Pats with their pants down and rush for 250 yds....lol.

they absolutely will have different defensive packages if spiller and jackson are healthy.

why wouldnt they???

would we prepare to face the pats differently if gronk and hernandez had both blown acls and neither were going to suit up?

with spiller/jackson were a screen throwing, 5 yard a carry, running team.

without them, were going to look to pass more, and pound the rock inside.

those are two wildly divergent offensive game plans.

its not madden man! you cant just hit x, square, circle and force us to punt.

their (YOUNG) defenders need to know where to be on every play. the middle of their defense is green! those backers get out of place? spiller breaks a 40 yard run.

my god, were going to smoke these guys this weekend.

they cant even put up enough points to beat the cards. lol. pats are old.