Quick Note on the Bills OL

jonramz

I personally think that the Bills OL is one of the best in the league… No sacks allowed (the only sack was when Fitz dropped the ball himself last week) and the fact that the Bills are the #3 rushing team in the league is another feather in their cap.

Well today I came up with another gold star for the OL. Only 5 penalties total called on the entire OL (Levitre: 2 holds 1 false start, Glenn 1 hold, 1 false start). So 3 of the 5 are perfect on the year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

-Jon

@yardsperpass

www.yardsperpass.com

Edited by jonramz

I personally think that the Bills OL is one of the best in the league… No sacks allowed (the only sack was when Fitz dropped the ball himself last week) and the fact that the Bills are the #3 rushing team in the league is another feather in their cap.

Well today I came up with another gold star for the OL. Only 5 penalties total called on the entire OL (Levitre: 2 holds 1 false start, Glenn 1 hold, 1 false start). So 3 of the 5 are perfect on the year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

-Jon

@yardsperpass

www.yardsperpass.com

I've been championing the Bills OL since the very beginning of last year, but according to the majority of posters on here- at least prior to this season- the O-Line was/is still an area of concern and an average NFL offensive line. They may very well be the best offesnive line in the NFL right now. And having Hairston as your swing man aint too shabby. Let's just hope they can remain healthy.

I will say, the o line is looking a lot better than in the past. However, you must give a lot of credit to Fitz in the pass protection dept. He gets rid of the ball quickly most of the time and he can maneuver in th pcoket as well as run threat. Put Trent Edwards or Drew Bledsoe behind this oline and we're talking what a sieve it is instead of how good they are.

I will say, the o line is looking a lot better than in the past. However, you must give a lot of credit to Fitz in the pass protection dept. He gets rid of the ball quickly most of the time and he can maneuver in th pcoket as well as run threat. Put Trent Edwards or Drew Bledsoe behind this oline and we're talking what a sieve it is instead of how good they are.

Probably. Trent Edwards is what a 3rd string qb, and Bledsoe owns a coffee shop in Walla Walla,Washington that seems like a safe bet.

Imagine if it was Rob Johnson.

Fitz has had plenty of time to throw on many many occasions. The o-line is good, period, regardless of who's back there. Throw in the dominant run blocking and we're talking about an elite unit.

I have long said that the Bills OL was not as good as advertised because they would only pass block for 2-3 seconds and the stats were very misleading. Well, this year those 2-3 are 3-5 and the stats are no longer misleading. They're playing very well. I do believe we still need to play in that spread offense to take advantage of them. I even heard Eric Wood last week on GR say that he really likes playing in the spread.

But we're good now and getting better. Glenn has been terrific, and it makes a huge difference that the LT is now a monster not a finesse player.

I have long said that the Bills OL was not as good as advertised because they would only pass block for 2-3 seconds and the stats were very misleading. Well, this year those 2-3 are 3-5 and the stats are no longer misleading. They're playing very well. I do believe we still need to play in that spread offense to take advantage of them. I even heard Eric Wood last week on GR say that he really likes playing in the spread.

But we're good now and getting better. Glenn has been terrific, and it makes a huge difference that the LT is now a monster not a finesse player.

Never met an OLman that didn't like run blocking out of a spread formation. It really simplifies things up front. We've become an excellent zone blocking line as well. Watching Levitre and Glenn do it is a thing of beauty and for a rookie, Glenn has picked up the nuances of zone blocking quite well.

GO BILLS!!!

They're the five best friends that anyone could have.

well it's a shade more than five Buds.

dont forget our back ups and Chris "Swinging tackle" Hairston. we have decent depth. Chan has been rotating urbik and hairston at guard and tackle during the games. Platooning i think its called. Read somewhere. First time in years i am not worried about em.

Nice job Joe D. !

love to watch these guys work. especially the downfield blocks. If we can keep the core together/healthy all year sky is the limit