My attempt at a boycott

NYCBoozers

Pizza does not suck in NYC. It sucks here in Richmond big time.

Wings suck every where out side of WNY save a local establishment here and there. And pizza chain wings may be the worst...all of them including BWW or BW3 or what ever they call there s#!ty place.

Eating Papa Johns pizza is the equivalent of having drunken sex with an overweight, toothless, bald, midget. You tend to feel really, really bad about yourself afterward.

I would have to be reeaaalllly drunk to do either.

Duh...

Papa Johns is an NFL sponsor.

If enough people boycott, it means Papa Johns might not be able to afford being a sponsor

Without Papa Johns money, Roger Goodell might have to order a lesser caviar during talks with the refs

The refs, disappointed with the caviar, leave the table

Replacements refs continue working

Buffalo gets the benefit of several questionable calls throughout the season and playoffs

Buffalo makes it to the SB, and wins on a last second "interception/reception" in the end zone

Fans of the other 31 teams converge on NFL headquarters and burn it down

The NFL, without the Papa Johns money, has to use replacement contractors to rebuild the headquarters

And the cycle continues

Just to clarify, do they burn it down because of the call OR because BUFFALO won the superbowl?

You guys are nuts. I've had pizza from all over & PJs is some damn good pizza. I don't much care for the arrogant prick in the commercials, but the guy sells a good pizza. The fluffy dough and sweet sauce are delightful.

Pizza does not suck in NYC. It sucks here in Richmond big time.

Wings suck every where out side of WNY save a local establishment here and there. And pizza chain wings may be the worst...all of them including BWW or BW3 or what ever they call there s#!ty place.

I would have to be reeaaalllly drunk to do either.

You don't mean Richmond, VA do you?

I'd rather pay $100 for a frozen pizza from the supermarket than eat free Papa John's pizza. Worst pizza I ever had by far. Spoiled rotten in WNY because pizza & wings from any local joint is 100x better than Papa John's or Little Caesar's. I don't think there is more than one Domino's either. All just nasty stuff. I don't know why they even bother opening here.

Edited by kasper13

And how exactly does this hurt the NFL....?

It probably hurts them more than the whole "everyone leave the stadium at halftime" boycott I heard one yahoo was trying to organize.

Little hint: if you LEAVE in the MIDDLE of the game, the league already has your money, and its not really a boycott.

Don't really get your point here but if you want to hurt the NFL stop buying their overpriced "Official NFL" jerseys, hats, thongs etc.

The mark-up is ALL nfl profit and the 'quality' issue that some try to push is not only BS but irrelevant unless you plan on wearing it for the next 20 years. . And if you pay attention you'll notice the guys who need the latest nfl swag are usually the least knowledgeable and most passive fans anyways.

Plus, if you live in NYC so you have access to some of the best knock-offs in the country.

Lived in many states, and have traveled to many more, and have eaten lots of food, and proclaiming who has "the best" pizza is about as subjective as proclaiming who has "the best" BBQ ribs. One man's "best" is another man's Alpo. lol

And papa johns is the mcrib of that debate. If you live in a BBQ paradise and declare it the finest around - you are a fool still.

And papa johns is the mcrib of that debate. If you live in a BBQ paradise and declare it the finest around - you are a fool still.

Well, now you're just talking crazy. Comparing a McRib sandwich from McDonalds to ANY legitimate BBQ place that cooks their meat in a pit and/or oven is ridiculous.

But otoh, Papa Johns, and virtually EVERY pizza joint in the world, makes some type of flour-based crust, adds a tomato-based sauce, adds meat and/or vegetable toppings, and puts it in a pizza oven to cook. Generally speaking, the most discernible variable is the taste of the sauce.