What is going on in downtown Buffalo this weekend

BuffaloBobby

Coming up Saturday afternoon for the Pats game from eastern PA. There was a post for the Chiefs game two weeks ago that was very helpful and my wife and I had a great time.

If there are any Buffalonians out there who can give us any info, we would appreciate it. We are staying at the Double Tree this week up by Allen St. Thanks !

Here's a link to Artvoice's event calendar. It's pretty exhaustive, so I'm sure you can find something up your alley. You can search by a variety of methods, and you can click on the individual event for a map.

There are a ton of venues for music and art near Allentown, not to mention the great restaurants mentioned in earlier posts.

Have fun!

You're going to be ON Allen St. You're right in the mix. Allen has a ton of bars and you're fairly close to Elmwood Ave. I'd avoid Chippewa. Here are some of my favorite bars/restaurants in the area:

Blue Monk

Frizzys

Sample

Coles

Mothers

Cecelias

You wont be disappointed with any of those.

They will be on High St. near Michigan and it can be a sketchy walk at night to the bars you mentioned.

Edited by LabattBlue

You're going to be ON Allen St. You're right in the mix. Allen has a ton of bars and you're fairly close to Elmwood Ave. I'd avoid Chippewa. Here are some of my favorite bars/restaurants in the area:

Blue Monk

Frizzys

Sample

Coles

Mothers

Cecelias

You wont be disappointed with any of those.

Thank you very much. I checked all on the web. If you had to pick one or two, which one would you go with ?

Colter bay has a good beer selection and decent food. Allen street hardware is a decent spot...not far from Tempo if you are looking for a killer meal.

Thank you - How expensive is Tempo ?

Thank you very much. I checked all on the web. If you had to pick one or two, which one would you go with ?

Thank you - How expensive is Tempo ?

Here's how I would look at it...

Beers/pub type food (good though) - Blue Monk and Colter Bay both have great selections. I've never eaten at Blue Monk, but hear good things.

Wine/Drinks - Mothers, Cecelias, Sample, Tempo. Mothers is my favorite of the three. I love Tempo but it's definitely the most expensive. If you go to Tempo, I highly recommend the Colorado Ribeye. I think they call it the Mario Williams. They also make the best calamari I have ever had. Mother's has a seasonal menu. Cecelias is Italian.

All of the above places put you in prime position for hitting other bars if you want. Allen is where you want to be. Avoid Chippewa unless you are between 19 and 23. Even then, it's the Jersey Shore of Buffalo so know what you are getting yourself into.

If you like live, loud music in a grimy atmosphere try Nietzche's at the end of Allen.

There's a ton of other places on Elmwood and Allen Street as well. Cozumel is fun and has good mexican food.

Have fun.

Here's how I would look at it...

Beers/pub type food (good though) - Blue Monk and Colter Bay both have great selections. I've never eaten at Blue Monk, but hear good things.

Wine/Drinks - Mothers, Cecelias, Sample, Tempo. Mothers is my favorite of the three. I love Tempo but it's definitely the most expensive. If you go to Tempo, I highly recommend the Colorado Ribeye. I think they call it the Mario Williams. They also make the best calamari I have ever had. Mother's has a seasonal menu. Cecelias is Italian.

All of the above places put you in prime position for hitting other bars if you want. Allen is where you want to be. Avoid Chippewa unless you are between 19 and 23. Even then, it's the Jersey Shore of Buffalo so know what you are getting yourself into.

If you like live, loud music in a grimy atmosphere try Nietzche's at the end of Allen.

There's a ton of other places on Elmwood and Allen Street as well. Cozumel is fun and has good mexican food.

Have fun.

Thank you very much !!

Is it a bus tour thing or is it held in a hall - I though I saw the transit authority building ?

That is a bus tour he was talking about. There is also a big Oktoberfest party at The Central Terminal on Saturday. Two Separate events.

Also for anyone downtown today, look up! The Direct TV blimp is cruising over downtown. I guess the network feels this is a meaningful game on Sunday. Let's prove them right.