Just give it to em game

cmjoyce113

I was trying to find highlights for this game a year or two ago and I think I failed. Maybe they'll come up somewhere after last night's travesty.

First Music City Miracle Part Two on Sunday, now this.... what's next?

Karma is twisting. Don't forget that Arizona pulled a McLelvin on New England and Pats* still lost.

Those highlights remind me how fun Flutie was, how good our jersies used to look and how lame the pats/carroll were for running the ball in for two. What poor sportmanship, the refs litterally gifted them the game two plays in a row and then they chose to disrespect their opponent who left the field in disgust.

I was trying to find highlights for this game a year or two ago and I think I failed. Maybe they'll come up somewhere after last night's travesty.

First Music City Miracle Part Two on Sunday, now this.... what's next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xbJ-2YaRLIc

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

not ONLY was it not a catch, it didnt make the first down marker even if it was. then the cherry on the cake, the pi call in the ez which i have never seen called before or after that

truly the worst blown call series in the history of blown calls, literally gifting the game to the cheaters even before they were the cheaters

I was thinking of this game in 2001. That's when the Patriots really started getting the calls. Unconscious player recovers a fumble half out of bounds with the ball under his leg.

"The game turned on the overturn of a ruling that Patten fumbled after making a reception after five minutes of overtime.

Patten caught Brady's pass at the Bills 41, where he was hit hard by Buffalo's Keion Carpenter. The ball popped loose and was recovered by Buffalo's Nate Clements.

Referee Mike Carey determined by a video review that Patten's head was out of bounds while the ball remained loose under his leg.

Antowain Smith broke the game open on the ensuing play, bouncing off the pile and down the sideline before he was pushed out of bounds at the 3, setting up the game-winning kick.

"It's their job to make the calls," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "We can just control how we play. If we got a break on the call, great."

Patten couldn't comment on the call. Carpenter's hit knocked him unconscious."

Edited by kasper13

Those highlights remind me how fun Flutie was, how good our jersies used to look and how lame the pats/carroll were for running the ball in for two. What poor sportmanship, the refs litterally gifted them the game two plays in a row and then they chose to disrespect their opponent who left the field in disgust.

your nuts, these are the best bills jerseys in bills history, 90s jerseys are a close 2nd though....

The Shawn Jefferson play at 2:03 of the video is the "just give it to'em" play, which is why Berman questions if he is in. The Bills Daily article is incorrect when it references Tony Simmons--- Tony Simmons was on the NE roster in 1998 but isn't in the box score for that game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199811290nwe.htm

I've always loved Ralph's response to the fine--- linked to in the Bills Daily link

Here's Bills Owner Ralph Wilson's complete statement regarding the $50,000 fine handed down by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue:

"On December 2nd I received a fax from Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informing me the Bills are being fined $50,000 for criticism on my part of officiating in the last moments of our game with New England. I described two calls, back-to-back, as probably the worst I have witnessed in the 60 years I have watched pro football. Those two calls cost the Bills a very important game, one in which our team fought back very courageously from a substantial deficit. Society today is more enlightened. Fair comment and criticism are rampant. The entire media as a unit is frank and the millions watching a game are frank. But the Commissioner lecturing to me as if I were a novice, instead of one who has been involved in football infinitely longer than he has, contends that criticizing a call has 'destructive and corrosive effects on the game.' What is more destructive and corrosive -- errant calls in front of millions of viewers or my statements of opinion? People all over the country registered shock at the way the officials, however honorable their purpose, took the game away from us. Even the league has admitted to us that the calls near the conclusion of the game were incorrect. On Monday morning, the Commissioner can sermonize on destruction and corrosion, but he has never experienced the pain of blowing a crucial game due to officiating. I have yet to decide whether I will pay or challenge the fine. But, at 80, I do know I don't need pompous lectures from the Commissioner and I feel that the $50,000 is not only unwarranted, but punitive in nature. The next time he may ask me to sit in the corner."

The Shawn Jefferson play at 2:03 of the video is the "just give it to'em" play, which is why Berman questions if he is in. The Bills Daily article is incorrect when it references Tony Simmons--- Tony Simmons was on the NE roster in 1998 but isn't in the box score for that game:

http://www.pro-footb...99811290nwe.htm

I've always loved Ralph's response to the fine--- linked to in the Bills Daily link

Here's Bills Owner Ralph Wilson's complete statement regarding the $50,000 fine handed down by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue:

"On December 2nd I received a fax from Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informing me the Bills are being fined $50,000 for criticism on my part of officiating in the last moments of our game with New England. I described two calls, back-to-back, as probably the worst I have witnessed in the 60 years I have watched pro football. Those two calls cost the Bills a very important game, one in which our team fought back very courageously from a substantial deficit. Society today is more enlightened. Fair comment and criticism are rampant. The entire media as a unit is frank and the millions watching a game are frank. But the Commissioner lecturing to me as if I were a novice, instead of one who has been involved in football infinitely longer than he has, contends that criticizing a call has 'destructive and corrosive effects on the game.' What is more destructive and corrosive -- errant calls in front of millions of viewers or my statements of opinion? People all over the country registered shock at the way the officials, however honorable their purpose, took the game away from us. Even the league has admitted to us that the calls near the conclusion of the game were incorrect. On Monday morning, the Commissioner can sermonize on destruction and corrosion, but he has never experienced the pain of blowing a crucial game due to officiating. I have yet to decide whether I will pay or challenge the fine. But, at 80, I do know I don't need pompous lectures from the Commissioner and I feel that the $50,000 is not only unwarranted, but punitive in nature. The next time he may ask me to sit in the corner."

Classic.

http://www.pro-footb...99811290nwe.htm

Thank you for posting this, I had forgotten about it. Truly classic response from RW!

I seem to remember that the son of one of the officials, maybe the referee, was playing for a team that would benefit from a Bills loss. I think it was David Boston.

When Wade Phillips had the Bills go to the lockerroom instead of defending the extra point after the bogus touchdown, he won me over for life. If Pete Carroll had an ounce of class in his body, he would have pulled his team off the field when Wade did. At the very least he should have settled for the one-point kick.