Romney suggests remedies to the airline industry

CosmicBills

While traveling this summer, I came to the conclusion (after not being able to fall asleep after 10 hours of flying and being awake for 20 hours already) they they should install hammocks. Probably as realistic as his recommendation :lol:

That is an awesome idea! Hammock Air. I'd fly it!

Romney was speaking to the Times about his chevalier Ann's brush with danger last week, when a plane on which she was a passenger was forced to make an emergency landing after an electrical fire caused the cabin to fill with smoke.

"When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no - and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open.
I don't know why they don't do that
. It's a real problem"

Yep, you got em.

Speaking off the cuff about his wife's plane making an emergency landing, he definitely made a silly mistatement.

That certainly proves he shouldn't be President ..........I mean its obviously worse than,

“If you’re more offended by Romney saying ’47%’ than Obama saying our murdered ambassador is a ‘bump in the road,” #YouMightBeALiberal,” Jim Treacher writes at the Daily Caller:

Take heart, though, America. Obama admits that he’s responsible for his actions as president… to some degree.” Just don’t think that you get to decide the degree. He does. The buck stops here, “here” being a relative concept.

And if you have a problem with that, as Obama told Steve Kroft, he’s just going to “block out any noise that’s out there.”

and those three are just in the past 48 hours................

That's gotta be a joke...

Speaking off the cuff about his wife's plane making an emergency landing, he definitely made a silly mistatement.

That certainly proves he shouldn't be President ..........

I don't know...when tgreg is showing more scientific and technological knowledge than you, you might want to consider a career line that involves less leadership and more paper hats...

“If you’re more offended by Romney saying ’47%’ than Obama saying our murdered ambassador is a ‘bump in the road,” #YouMightBeALiberal,” Jim Treacher writes at the Daily Caller:

Take heart, though, America. Obama admits that he’s responsible for his actions as president… to some degree.” Just don’t think that you get to decide the degree. He does. The buck stops here, “here” being a relative concept.

And if you have a problem with that, as Obama told Steve Kroft, he’s just going to “block out any noise that’s out there.”

and those three are just in the past 48 hours................

I actually watched the 60 minutes interviews last night. Obama did not specifically say that the Ambassador's death was a bump in the road, the comment was more about the general foreign policy. Agree with him or not is up to you, but I think that article is stretching the truth a bit.

Last night on 60 Minutes, both stuck mostly to regurgitated talking points, but Obama seemed more rehearsed and annoyed with the questions than Romney. I liked Romney's answers better, particularly the one about lessons learned from past President's terms. Obama tended to blow off the questions and ask questions of the interviewer himself. It is my opinion that Romney came off a bit better than the President. The debates will be very interesting, and anyone who thinks Obama is going to breeze through is dead wrong...

Edited by TheMadCap

Why plane windows don't roll down, as Romney would like

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney lamented the fact that airplane windows don't roll down.

Romney's wife Ann's plane had to make an emergency landing Friday (Sept. 21) because of an electrical malfunction. Discussing the incident at a fundraiser the next day, he said: "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no — and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous."

Dear Mitt

Here's why they don't do that.

Gravity tends to keep air molecules concentrated near the ground, so the atmosphere thins out as you go up. The air becomes so thin at 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) or so that airplane cabins must be pressurized above that altitude to prevent occupants from suffering from hypoxia, or lack of oxygen. Because temperature and pressure go hand-in-hand (i.e. low-pressure air feels cold), pressurization is also necessary to keep cabins sufficiently warm.

At 35,000 ft. (11,000 m), the typical altitude of a commercial jet, the air pressure drops to less than a quarter of its value at sea level, and the outside temperature drops below negative 60 degrees Fahrenheit (negative 51 degrees Celsius), according to The Engineering Toolbox. Exposed to such conditions, you would quickly die.

It's Obama's fault!!

Maybe he could suggest to the airlines for commercial airplanes to have these little face masks that drop down that supply oxygen!

Great, another Repulican guy who thinks he can lead but can't... Now he wonders why every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't open an airplane @ 32,000 feet...

I will take: "Dumbass White Guys" for a 1000 Alex.

'Experts are predicting that in the first Republican debate, Mitt Romney will face his fiercest ideological opponent: himself from four years ago.'' —Conan O'Brien

''Team Romney is misspelling words all over the map. They misspelled America, they misspelled the word official, they misspelled Reagan ... I think we are going to find out that Mitt is actually dyslexic and his name is Tim.'' —Bill Maher

How does Mormon presidential candidate Mitt Romney expect to win the soccer mom vote? By marrying all of them.

Morons don't know a joke. You really do believe it though and pass this off as if Romney was serious? Really? You probably do...

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/mitt-romney-joke-joking-airplane-windows.html

The Los Angeles Times story that relayed Romney's airplane remark to the world was based off a pool report written by the New York Times's Ashley Parker. When we asked Parker this morning whether it seemed as if Romney made the mark in jest, she left no doubt. "Romney was joking," she e-mailed. Parker told us that while the pool report didn't explicitly indicate that Romney was joking, it was self-evident that he was. "The pool report provided the full transcript of his comments on Ann's plane scare," she said, "and it was clear from the context that he was not being serious."
Edited by Oxrock

Morons don't know a joke. You really do believe it though and pass this off as if Romney was serious? Really? You probably do...

http://nymag.com/dai...ne-windows.html

CYA mode... LoL... Watch a video of Old Mitt the Twitt... He is like the robot from Lost in Space. Hard to tell a joke when a out of touch robot is telling it. FWIW, he was hardly joking... Again, CYA mode... Even from a liberal rag.

But I will play... Swift boat his dumb arse...

CYA mode... LoL... Watch a video of Old Mitt the Twitt... He is like the robot from Lost in Space. Hard to tell a joke when a out of touch robot is telling it. FWIW, he was hardly joking... Again, CYA mode... Even from a liberal rag.

You are really that stupid. I had my doubts. That's the author of the story that was syndicated. The actual person on the scene, yet you go on believing what your confirmation bias tells you. Must really suck to be stuck in your station in life while morons like Mitt and 57 states Obama go on to make millions. Edited by Oxrock

So this is what's important to you? So much so that you start a thread called The Official Romney Joke Thread so you can bring it up again? And this is coming from someone who posts regularly on a politics message board. This country is so made up of !@#$ing morons.

You are really that stupid. I had my doubts. That's the author of the story that was syndicated. The actual person on the scene, yet you go on believing what your confirmation bias tells you. Must really suck to be stuck in your station in life while morons like Mitt and 57 states Obama go on to make millions.

Michelle Obama spoke to the Congressional Black Caucus the other day and stated something like "when our great, great grandparents rode on the Underground Railroad"......................... I posted a thread, and.................crickets. Talk about dumb.

57 states. I'm still shaking my head over that one. And the Guam tipping over thing is amazing. If Romney wasn't joking, I

http://nymag.com/dai...ne-windows.html

If a NYT writer admitted Romney was joking, Romney was definitely joking.[/thread]