Bills Worked out Donte Stallworth Today

cmjoyce113

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

The Bills worked out WR Donte' Stallworth today, per league source.

That's interesting...so is this:

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

Christian Ponder explains that Vikings realized 49ers struggle against teams that run the ball well http://wp.me/p14QSB-5w0A

View summary

Big Cat - Maybe they are looking for that "tall, physical specimen" they missed out on in taking Graham...I think both of these WR's are over 6'2". Nelson is out so Chan feels that he may need a tallish guy akin to Nelson for Fitz' benefit?? No idea why, but I don't mind them looking for sales in the Sunday paper.

Big Cat - Maybe they are looking for that "tall, physical specimen" they missed out on in taking Graham...I think both of these WR's are over 6'2". Nelson is out so Chan feels that he may need a tallish guy akin to Nelson for Fitz' benefit?? No idea why, but I don't mind them looking for sales in the Sunday paper.

Good thoughts--could also be a contingency plan for big, up-the-seam scheming with running backs potentially in short supply..?

Good thoughts--could also be a contingency plan for big, up-the-seam scheming with running backs potentially in short supply..?

That makes sense--- but Stallworth is only 6'0". Danario Alexander is 6'5", though.

Whether or not we sign him, I am just happy to see the FO never rests while looking for possible upgrades.

I agree 100%. Midseason workouts like this were how we got Pears and Chandler…possibly Urbik too but I can’t remember his situation.

Stallworth could probably step in and contribute right away if we choose to sign him. He’s been around the league awhile and should be able to pick up the offense pretty quickly. Alexander would probably take a little longer to pick things up since he’s young and fairly green but I saw him play a game with the Rams last year and he was a beast.