For the first time in my existence as a Bills fan I can say

billsfan89

I started watching and following the Bills in 00 (I know it hasn't been a fun ride) and for the first time I can finally say that the Bills have a good offensive line. The O-line has been that dam good. Spiller goes down well they just start to open up holes for Choice and White. They also have done a solid job protecting Fitz and getting out blocking for screens.

Last season before the injuries to Bell and Wood took over they were playing like this. But now that Wood is back healthy and Glenn has come in and played like a stud this O-line is playing like a top 5 unit in the NFL and its not smoke and mirrors either. Glenn, Wood, and Levitre are all 1st or 2nd round picks two of which have been getting it done for years. Pears and Urbik played well last season and are continuing to do so this year.

Glenn doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan either. While I think its possible he will struggle at some point this season I think the good play is going to far out weight the bad play.

Also Reinhart and Hairston are quality depth too and Brown is at least a legit backup center in case Wood goes down. Overall I am actually excited to say that as a Bills fan. For once I can actually say that the o-Line is good. For as long as I can remember the O-line has always been an issue not so much anymore.

I wanted to talk about the oline earlier and couldn't find a thread so reluctantly I started one. Now there are two more that popped up. I don't care whose thread it is, but let's have one big o-line thread because I would like to follow what is being said. I agree it's been since the Super Bowl years that we can talk abut having a good o-line.

What O-Line is better?

I say top 5 because I don't watch each and every team. O-line play is something you have to watch each snap to understand how good they are. Overall I can simply say watching each Bills game that this O-line is playing awesome. Even better than last year at 5-2 thanks to Glenn and the chemistry that the line seems to have developed.

It's hard to say after three games but they look very good. They used to be only able to hold pass blocks for 2-3 seconds and now it is 3-5 which is a huge difference. Glenn has played better than imagined or we could have hoped. And people seem to ignore that they were playing very well before catastrophic injury last year which knocked out 40% then 60% and sometimes 80%. Glenn makes a huge difference, IMO. We used to play two smallish players on the left side, now our LT is massive, and that makes a big difference, Pears is pretty underrated and getting better, as is Urbik.

Suddenly, if healthy, our OL is a strength. Wow.

I've been thoroughly impressed with this group....I"m almost glad we didn't break the back for Clabo now that Hairston and Pears can man the right side just fine with Cordy kicking ass on the left. Cordy is the best 2nd rd pick since Sam Cowart.

I wish Buddy would hv made it a priority as soon as he became GM as we all thought he would after he said its hard for QB to throw from his back

Glenn was an outstanding pick and steal in the second round. Still early but surprised so many draft guys thought he wouldn't be able to play LT in the NFL

Levitre n Wood were two of the rare things the Jauron regime got right

Edited by Max997

I started watching and following the Bills in 00 (I know it hasn't been a fun ride) and for the first time I can finally say that the Bills have a good offensive line. The O-line has been that dam good. Spiller goes down well they just start to open up holes for Choice and White. They also have done a solid job protecting Fitz and getting out blocking for screens.

Last season before the injuries to Bell and Wood took over they were playing like this. But now that Wood is back healthy and Glenn has come in and played like a stud this O-line is playing like a top 5 unit in the NFL and its not smoke and mirrors either. Glenn, Wood, and Levitre are all 1st or 2nd round picks two of which have been getting it done for years. Pears and Urbik played well last season and are continuing to do so this year.

Glenn doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan either. While I think its possible he will struggle at some point this season I think the good play is going to far out weight the bad play.

Also Reinhart and Hairston are quality depth too and Brown is at least a legit backup center in case Wood goes down. Overall I am actually excited to say that as a Bills fan. For once I can actually say that the o-Line is good. For as long as I can remember the O-line has always been an issue not so much anymore.

We haven't had a good O-line since the superbowl days, which shows why are offense has been so bad for so long.

The Mike Williams pick hurt this team in so many ways

Could never figure out why he was rated so high and why we picked him, guy was a total Ferdinand.

Our best unit on the field by far this season and I say that with no insult to the Dline intended. They are all young and we have the potential to see this group gel like the great lines led by Kent Hull back in the day. I actually look forward to isolating on a different player each series. Not a weak link in the bunch.

Kudos to Nix and Whaley.

GO BILLS!!!

I wish Buddy would hv made it a priority as soon as he became GM as we all thought he would after he said its hard for QB to throw from his back

Glenn was an outstanding pick and steal in the second round. Still early but surprised so many draft guys thought he wouldn't be able to play LT in the NFL

Levitre n Wood were two of the rare things the Jauron regime got right

They didn't make it a high profile priority right away but Its weird because each year they have acquired a starter alongside Wood and Levitre as the foundation.

2010- Urbik

2011- Pears

2012- Glenn

It wasn't until 2011 that the unit with Urbik and Pears entrenched along the right side that the unit started to improve. At 5-2 last year the O-line was really coming into its own. But Wood got hurt and Bell also went down. The O-line never really recovered from the injuries it sustained. This year Glenn has added the last piece and the line picked up right where they left off.

At 5-2 last year the O-line was really coming into its own. But Wood got hurt and Bell also went down. The O-line never really recovered from the injuries it sustained. This year Glenn has added the last piece and the line picked up right where they left off.

If I remember correctly, the Bills lost both Bell AND his backup Hairston the same week.

It's why I've been shouting here to anyone who would listen that the team was much better than their record last season - NO TEAM has the depth to survive the loss of both their first and second string OLT and not have serious problems.

When they shoved Levitre out there AND lost Wood, it was a disaster, and coincidentally, that was right when their string of Jets/Dolphins games started.

But wait a second. I thought we had to spend all 1st rounders on olinemen to get a good group? Seriously, it is a great group that is very young and feisty. Harrison and Rheinhart are very good depth as well. I'd make sure to keep this group together as long as possible.

And it was a great job filling in by Choice but the talent dropoff from Spiller to him is huge. Spiller is a threat to break any play. His ability combined with our oline might make him the most dangerous rb in the entire league.