Revis with ACL Injury?

BRAWNDO

Yeah, reading a bit more it certainly doesn't sound like a sprain:

http://www.cbssports...left-leg-sunday

Really, some people walk on a blown ACL? I didn't know that. I'd heard the opposite and that was really the reason it didn't sound likely to me. I blew mine out ,and walked on it,and worked on it for a week. Ripped my meniscus at the same time. All in peoples pain tolerance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest indications are that he has a bad ACL injury and out for the year. That could have a significant affect on the Jet defense and in turn, the AFC East.

A team source told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports that Darrelle Revis "probably" has a torn left ACL.

CBS Sports previously reported that the Jets "fear" Revis' left ACL is torn, so the stories jibe together. The club will find out for sure on Monday morning, when Revis undergoes medical tests. Although the Jets have started 2-1, losing Revis could torpedo their season. That's how valuable he is to Rex Ryan's defense. They'll find out a lot about Mark Sanchez the rest of the way.

Won't cripple them, but definitely a big impact.

Right. They have a lot of good players on that D. But it will make a huge difference IMO in what they can do about attacking and taking risks. And guys that are big risk takers like Cromartie, who become very good as the #2, suddenly cannot do that as #1.

Yeah, reading a bit more it certainly doesn't sound like a sprain:

http://www.cbssports...left-leg-sunday

Really, some people walk on a blown ACL? I didn't know that. I'd heard the opposite and that was really the reason it didn't sound likely to me.

Happens all the time. People walk around with torn ACL's that never even get fixed. The Spurs have apower forward from Pitt I think that is missing both his ACL's. Didn't Tiger win the US Open with a torn ACL?

Really, some people walk on a blown ACL? I didn't know that. I'd heard the opposite and that was really the reason it didn't sound likely to me.

Didn't Nelson walk around on the sidelines before being put on IR? I thought I remembered seeing him walking around and thinking "Okay, good probably not too serious if he's walking around on it." We all know how that turned out.

From a different perspective, can you really fault guys for holding out and wanting to get their contracts redone? What if FJ hadn't redone his deal prior to the season and goes down in week 1 with a season ending knee injury. I know Revis already cashed in to some degree but even the Jets have stated his deal was meant to be reworked early. Now he will be renegotiating not as the best CB in the league but as a guy coming off an ACL tear. Yes surgery has gotten better and recovery is expected but still there are cases like LeCharles Bentley and others. Only the signing bonus is guaranteed in the NFL. I'm not saying the players are always right but you can see why they want to redo their deals before something catastrophic happens. It seems lately the guys that show up for OTA's and camp get rewarded and the one's like Jones-Drew and Deshaun Jackson don't. Of course Revis held out and got his contract a couple years ago.

here's the video. no one touches him, it's a grass field, knee doesn't bend too severely, he walks off on his own. If not for the reports i would think its just a sprain or something

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065046/article/darrelle-revis-out-of-jets-game-with-knee-injury?module=HP11_headline_stack&module=HP11_hot_topics

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I absolutely despise the Jets but I hate injuries. He's a stud and their best player. This would be a giantic lost to them because he is the reason why Ryan can blitz so much.

And losing stars just dilutes the overall quality of play throughout the league too. Love everything about football but the injuries

Confirmed Revis out for season per Rex Ryan

That is such a tremendous blow for the Jets. They literally designed their defense around this guy, completely changes the dynamic of how they bring pressure, coverage, everything.

Confirmed Revis out for season per Rex Ryan

That is such a tremendous blow for the Jets. They literally designed their defense around this guy, completely changes the dynamic of how they bring pressure, coverage, everything.

2010 - the hamstring injury.... did he miss time?