Fitz Sack = ? And O-line Pride

CSBill

I saw that the Bills gave up a sack, but couldn't recall where it was. In looking at the game thread, the fumble was called a sack (first, it should not have been ruled a fumble, how they could overturn that? It deserves an explanation). Anyhow, Fitz was not touched on the play, how can it be credited for a sack? Am I missing something here?

In the big picture, not a big deal -- but for the pride of the offensive line, it is a big deal.

Real Stat: 3 games = 0 Sacks given up by this line, and another solid running game (139 yards) out of them, even without the #1 and #1A backs!

Edited by CSBill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that a sack? There was no pressure and no one touched him. I also don't understand how that play is reviewable but the kickoff fumble that Chan challenged wasn't. They were both dead balls so wouldn't that make them both unreviewable?

I had the same thought. I cannot understand how those plays are different. Either way, that was not a fumble, period. How could the ball move forward if no one touched him and the ball slipped out of his hand if it wasn't in his hand when he started moving his arm forward?

How could the ball move forward if no one touched him and the ball slipped out of his hand if it wasn't in his hand when he started moving his arm forward?

Good question.

Isaac Newton and the Laws of Physics be damned, we have replacement refs!

Good question.

Isaac Newton and the Laws of Physics be damned, we have replacement refs!

But it was the booth that overturned the call on the field--the replacement refs had it right, again, how was there enough evidence to reverse that call ??????

First off no way that was a fumble his hand was moving forward, it just slipped out of his hands. I honestly thought that that turnover was the reason as to why the game was so close before Fitz iced it with that pass to Stevie. The Bills were up 14-0 in clear field goal range. It would have been third and long but even just had they kicked the field goal 17-0 would have been huge.

I think it gave Cleveland some life and they turned that into 7 points. But the Bills took that long drive running it down the throats of the D and got a field goal which was huge.

It could have been dicey. But had Spiller never gotten hurt it would have been 21-0 or 24-7 and the offense would have been much more consistent. We got the win who cares.

I believe when a QB fumbles behind the line and its recovered by defense it's considered a sack

That was clearly a fumble. His arm was moving forward but the ball was already out

I think the difference in the two plays was one being blown dead and the other being considered an incomplete pass

Edited by Max997

I believe when a QB fumbles behind the line and its recovered by defense it's considered a sack

That was clearly a fumble. His arm was moving forward but the ball was already out

I think the difference in the two plays was one being blown dead and the other being considered an incomplete pass

Explain to me how the ball ended up 6 yards in front of fitz if it wasn't propelled by his arm moving forward? What moved the ball forward?

Explain to me how the ball ended up 6 yards in front of fitz if it wasn't propelled by his arm moving forward? What moved the ball forward?

If it leaves his hand before he starts the forward motion but it is still on his fingertips as he throws forward it would. I actually think that was the right call.

First off no way that was a fumble his hand was moving forward, it just slipped out of his hands. I honestly thought that that turnover was the reason as to why the game was so close before Fitz iced it with that pass to Stevie. The Bills were up 14-0 in clear field goal range. It would have been third and long but even just had they kicked the field goal 17-0 would have been huge.

I think it gave Cleveland some life and they turned that into 7 points. But the Bills took that long drive running it down the throats of the D and got a field goal which was huge.

It could have been dicey. But had Spiller never gotten hurt it would have been 21-0 or 24-7 and the offense would have been much more consistent. We got the win who cares.

That interception reversed by pass interference was bogus and changed the momentum as well.