How would we look if we signed these offensive free agents?

QB Matt Flynn (GB)

It is Matt Flynn-not Bart Starr, Brett Favre, or Aaron Rodgers-that holds the Packers franchise record for passing yards and touchdowns in a single game. As far one-week auditions go, Matt Flynn couldn't have fared any better. Flynn has the leadership, smarts, and presence on and off the field that teams covet in a starting quarterback. Having learned from McCarthy and Rodgers, Flynn is well aware of the preparations needed throughout the week to be successful in this league.

Also has sharp accurate arm

3yrs 26 mil

WR Brandon Lloyd (STL)

Lloyd quickly established himself as the Rams' top receiver after a trade landed him in St. Louis midway through the year. His explosive downfield ability and large catching radius make him a legitimate target to help Sam Bradford.

3 yrs 12 mil

WR Laurent Robinson (DAL)

After spending some time in Atlanta, St. Louis, and San Diego, it didn't take Robinson a lot of time to find chemistry with Tony Romo in Dallas in his fifth year as a pro. He exploded on the scene replacing and playing behind Dez Bryant and Miles Austin in the lineup at various points throughout the season, accumulating 858 yards and 11 touchdowns in 14 games.

5yr 32.5 mil

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html

i wouldve like to see Lloyd get brought in, but I cant blame him for following Mcdaniels to NE, he had the best season of his career in Denver with Josh McD.

No thanks to the others though, robinson just doesnt strike me as a difference maker, I think his season in Dallas will prove to be a fluke.

Flynn IMHO, got a "Rob Johnson" deal, he hasnt played in any significant games to date, just put up big #'s a few time when A-Rodg was hurt, but nothing extensive. Then he got beat out by Wilson. That doesnt exactly inspire confidence that he would be a legit starter.

i wouldve like to see Lloyd get brought in, but I cant blame him for following Mcdaniels to NE, he had the best season of his career in Denver with Josh McD.

No thanks to the others though, robinson just doesnt strike me as a difference maker, I think his season in Dallas will prove to be a fluke.

Flynn IMHO, got a "Rob Johnson" deal, he hasnt played in any significant games to date, just put up big #'s a few time when A-Rodg was hurt, but nothing extensive. Then he got beat out by Wilson. That doesnt exactly inspire confidence that he would be a legit starter.

Flynn throws a way better ball than Fitz, considering our WRs Robinson would have been a huge upgrade.

Flynn throws a way better ball than Fitz, considering our WRs Robinson would have been a huge upgrade.

Flynn couldn't beat out a 6' rookie, who yes is playing well now. Let's wait n see how the rookie fares 6 to 8 weeks from now when Defenses figure out what to do vs him.

You know, I hate "what ifs". If we had gotten all of those players mentioned, then no Mario and Anderson. Then we'd all be on this board saying how ****ty the management was at OBD. We got Mario and Anderson and after one week of bad play, here we are having these stupid scenarios.

- Flynn had ONE good game. He couldn't beat out a 5' 9" QB for the job and you think he'd be a better QB for the Bills?

- Brandon Lloyd - 13 Receptions for 129 yards and NO TDs - and that's with Brady throwing to him.

- L. Robinson - REALLY? You want another average at best WR?

I am still hopeful for this team this year. I am still on the bandwagon.

thats awesome that he throws a pretty pass, but you know where MOST of those passes have been thrown.....PRACTICE, why, because he's a backup, thats what he was in college, thats what he was in GB, and now, he's throwing those beautiful backup passes in practice for Seattle because Russell Wilson, A ROOKIE, beat him out for the starting job.

with Robinson, he filled the role of 3rd wr very well last yr, but as a primary target, I dont think he will be effective. Keep in mind that ROMO is a stat machine in the reg season, and has in fact done this before with his 3rd wr. Oh and BTW, Gabbert ain't no tony romo.

Edited by CarolinaBill

QB Matt Flynn (GB)

It is Matt Flynn-not Bart Starr, Brett Favre, or Aaron Rodgers-that holds the Packers franchise record for passing yards and touchdowns in a single game. As far one-week auditions go, Matt Flynn couldn't have fared any better. Flynn has the leadership, smarts, and presence on and off the field that teams covet in a starting quarterback. Having learned from McCarthy and Rodgers, Flynn is well aware of the preparations needed throughout the week to be successful in this league.

Also has sharp accurate arm

3yrs 26 mil

WR Brandon Lloyd (STL)

Lloyd quickly established himself as the Rams' top receiver after a trade landed him in St. Louis midway through the year. His explosive downfield ability and large catching radius make him a legitimate target to help Sam Bradford.

3 yrs 12 mil

WR Laurent Robinson (DAL)

After spending some time in Atlanta, St. Louis, and San Diego, it didn't take Robinson a lot of time to find chemistry with Tony Romo in Dallas in his fifth year as a pro. He exploded on the scene replacing and playing behind Dez Bryant and Miles Austin in the lineup at various points throughout the season, accumulating 858 yards and 11 touchdowns in 14 games.

5yr 32.5 mil

http://www.footballs...2012/fa/wr.html

We'd look like a team with:

(a) a career backup that lost his job to a 3rd round rookie

(b) a WR that isn't producing despite playing with a hall of fame QB and hall of fame head coach

© a WR that has 8 catches and a $30M+ contract

I'd say not much different.

Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, and even Todd Collins all threw a nice ball!

That argument is wearing thin with me.

I am thinking a QB who at least knows where to go and makes good decisions is much better than someone who "throws a nice ball"

Not saying I'm happy with Fitz's play, but I will take the lesser of two evils.

We'd look like a team with:

(a) a career backup that lost his job to a 3rd round rookie

(b) a WR that isn't producing despite playing with a hall of fame QB and hall of fame head coach

© a WR that has 8 catches and a $30M+ contract

I'd say not much different.

Lloyd is on pace for over 1k yards and over 100 catches. This despite the Pats O getting off to a slowish start this year and sharing the field with the best slot WR in the league and the best TE. Your idea of "not producing" and mine differer greatly.

Lloyd would instantly have been the Bills 2nd best WR - perhaps it's best and they'd have two legit threats on the field at WR. That being said he's on the wrong side of 30 and a short term solution.

Of course, the Bills went out and spent in FA by brining in the two best pass rushers available - I'm not upset they couldn't target every single weakness in a single offseason. I do, however, look forward to them upgrading the WR position this offseason.

Lloyd is on pace for over 1k yards and over 100 catches. This despite the Pats O getting off to a slowish start this year and sharing the field with the best slot WR in the league and the best TE. Your idea of "not producing" and mine differer greatly.

Lloyd would instantly have been the Bills 2nd best WR - perhaps it's best and they'd have two legit threats on the field at WR. That being said he's on the wrong side of 30 and a short term solution.

Of course, the Bills went out and spent in FA by brining in the two best pass rushers available - I'm not upset they couldn't target every single weakness in a single offseason. I do, however, look forward to them upgrading the WR position this offseason.

Lloyd has played more snaps than Welker in both games, so essentially he's been their #1 WR. Tom Brady's #1 WR should at least be a threat to score, and based on what I've seen he really hasn't been. By contrast, Buffalo's #1 WR has already seen the end zone twice in half the number of catches (and that's with a marginal QB throwing him the ball).

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over what we have now...

You know, I hate "what ifs". If we had gotten all of those players mentioned, then no Mario and Anderson. Then we'd all be on this board saying how ****ty the management was at OBD. We got Mario and Anderson and after one week of bad play, here we are having these stupid scenarios.

- Flynn had ONE good game. He couldn't beat out a 5' 9" QB for the job and you think he'd be a better QB for the Bills?

- Brandon Lloyd - 13 Receptions for 129 yards and NO TDs - and that's with Brady throwing to him.

- L. Robinson - REALLY? You want another average at best WR?

I am still hopeful for this team this year. I am still on the bandwagon.

I hear ya KGun. It's just another backhanded attempt to degrade Fitz, that's all.

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over what we have now...

Lloyd > Jones by a lot.

He'd have improved the WR corps but at the expense of the defensive signings. I'm not saying I rather they'd have signed him than improving the D line - I wouldn't, I much prefer the DL signings. I'm saying that people like to discount how good opposing players are to make the Bills look better. Lloyd is so much better than any Bills WR other than Johnson it's not even funny. Having a legit #2 would help the passing offense in that Ds wouldn't have to simply worry about Stevie - which is pretty much how it is now.

The biggest weakness on this Bills team right now is at WR, saying Lloyd isn't better than what we have now is just plain wrong.

Edited by MDH