How would we look if we signed these offensive free agents?

I wanted Flynn. He offered real hope at less than half the price. For some bizarre reason it became Gospel around here that since he only had a few starts and performed well in all of them, getting glowing accolades from his team mates, that its a given he was a one hit wonder.

Flynn is riding the pine right now in a team that is not exactly set at QB. Also, was there a bidding war for his services during offseason?

QB Matt Flynn (GB)

It is Matt Flynn-not Bart Starr, Brett Favre, or Aaron Rodgers-that holds the Packers franchise record for passing yards and touchdowns in a single game. As far one-week auditions go, Matt Flynn couldn't have fared any better. Flynn has the leadership, smarts, and presence on and off the field that teams covet in a starting quarterback. Having learned from McCarthy and Rodgers, Flynn is well aware of the preparations needed throughout the week to be successful in this league.

Also has sharp accurate arm

3yrs 26 mil

WR Brandon Lloyd (STL)

Lloyd quickly established himself as the Rams' top receiver after a trade landed him in St. Louis midway through the year. His explosive downfield ability and large catching radius make him a legitimate target to help Sam Bradford.

3 yrs 12 mil

WR Laurent Robinson (DAL)

After spending some time in Atlanta, St. Louis, and San Diego, it didn't take Robinson a lot of time to find chemistry with Tony Romo in Dallas in his fifth year as a pro. He exploded on the scene replacing and playing behind Dez Bryant and Miles Austin in the lineup at various points throughout the season, accumulating 858 yards and 11 touchdowns in 14 games.

5yr 32.5 mil

http://www.footballs...2012/fa/wr.html

We would look like Dan Snyders Redskins for overpaying mediocre players...

Particularly Robinson, he was clearly a product of the system, not a special WR. Ogletree (also a mediocre at best WR), picked up right where he left off. Flynn got beat out by a 5-11 rookie 3rd round draft pick, and Lloyd hasn't been able to do anything on one of the most explosive passing offenses in the league..

None of these guys have done anything through their first 2 games on their new teams. I think this is actually pretty good justification for NOT going after these guys.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

thats awesome that he throws a pretty pass, but you know where MOST of those passes have been thrown.....PRACTICE, why, because he's a backup, thats what he was in college, thats what he was in GB, and now, he's throwing those beautiful backup passes in practice for Seattle because Russell Wilson, A ROOKIE, beat him out for the starting job.

with Robinson, he filled the role of 3rd wr very well last yr, but as a primary target, I dont think he will be effective. Keep in mind that ROMO is a stat machine in the reg season, and has in fact done this before with his 3rd wr. Oh and BTW, Gabbert ain't no tony romo.

Russell is going to be a great QB, he would have been neck and neck with RG3 in the draft if he wasn't so short, If you saw Flynn in the preaseason and his games the last few years you could see he had a good arm that was accurate. I don't think Flynn would an elite QB like Rodgers but he would be good enough to manage the offense much better than Fitz bc Fitz is so inconsistant.

I'm not sold on Robinson just want more talent at that position, I'd be just as happy with Jerome Simpson who is way cheaper but was susspended the 1st 4 games so I went with Robinson instead.

Most of you guys need to stop devaluing Russell Wilson. Who cares how tall he is, or what round he was drafted in? It's all irrelevant. The guy replaced Matt Flynn because he can play.

thank you

We would look like Dan Snyders Redskins for overpaying mediocre players...

Well we did act like the Redskins by overpaying for ONE player that we hope is great. Getting 3 quality upgrades over the players we have now would not be like the redskins.

Do you really think Fitz is better than Flynn, Don Jones over Lloyd, R Martin over Robinson or Simpson?

I would emphatically say no and is why I would rather have those players than ours for not a lot of money.