Fire David Lee!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of David Lee's at all, -but the interim equipment manager really pissed me off today. I mean, NO FABRIC SOFTENER WHATSOEVER?! No wonder Fitzpatrick had so many incompletions!

-Oh, and there's the "rib" issue too.

I heard Chuck Lester put in an application for the equipment manager opening.

It is clear to me at this point that Fitz is never going to be an elite quarterback.

:huh:

You're just NOW realizing this? The fact that you had any expectations of that at all says a lot.

:huh:

You're just NOW realizing this? The fact that you had any expectations of that at all says a lot.

Going into week 8 last year he had a 98.4 QB rating. This was good enough for top 5 in the league and the Bills offense was lighting it up. Keep in mind this is only 11 games ago genius. It was his first full offseason where he was treated as a starter coming in and the offense was built around him. He lead multiple fourth quarter combacks and torched some secondaries in that time. So yeah, the thought that maybe he could be elite crossed my mind. If it didn't cross your mind that maybe, just maybe he could be elite in that stretch then I don't know what you were watching. Now if you disagree with some of my post feel free to make an argument and back it up. But dont just make some smart *ss remark.

David Lee was brought in and touted as a QB mechanics guru who would help Fitz's accuracy and consistency. Well, we've seen the result of his tutelage. Fitz has been more inaccurate and inconsistent than we have ever seen. He seems to lack confidence completely sometimes when he is throwing.

It is clear to me at this point that Fitz is never going to be an elite quarterback. I don't even think there is potential to get into the 2nd tier of guys like Flacco or Ryan. He is in his thirties. It is not the time to be messing with his throwing motion and mechanics. If he has to go out there and mentally focus on mechanics, then we have ourselves a problem. Am I saying he should stop developing? No. However, stick with the throwing motion that he is comfortable with and get the most out of him as you can. This offseason, be certain to exhaust all options to pick up a young potentially elite QB. As a matter of fact make sure you do it! Even if it means giving things up. Begin developing him under Fitz for one year (barring Fitz is good enough to even stick around).

In the mean time, fire David Lee! He really isn't helping anything. I want to see some heads roll for this quarterback play.

Depending on how good the defense actually is, I think the Bills might have a shot at being decent even with Fitz as more of a game manager. We cannot depend on Fitz throwing 3 TDs and 300 yards for wins. Play to our strengths for now and get a freaking elite QB no matter what this offseason!

I'm with you there. Trying to retrain someone who is that old is not going to happen. Let Fitz return to his old ways, at least he had balls and didn't mind airing it out. He looks gunshy and uncoordinated.

I watched Fitz all day. (1) He cannot and does not throw deep. (2) He missed at least 5 open receivers. At least three easy 3rd dwn passes that would have kept drives going. His arm looks weary or hos head is in his ass. It doesn't matter what his completion percentage is or if the bills won or lost. He has to improve or this season is lost against every team that will figure out how to stop Spiller.

he was driving me crazy. He made a couple of really nice throws, especially the one down the sideline to Chandler. But too many drive killer throws to the dirt for an NFL starter.

David Lee was brought in and touted as a QB mechanics guru who would help Fitz's accuracy and consistency. Well, we've seen the result of his tutelage. Fitz has been more inaccurate and inconsistent than we have ever seen. He seems to lack confidence completely sometimes when he is throwing.

It is clear to me at this point that Fitz is never going to be an elite quarterback. I don't even think there is potential to get into the 2nd tier of guys like Flacco or Ryan. He is in his thirties. It is not the time to be messing with his throwing motion and mechanics. If he has to go out there and mentally focus on mechanics, then we have ourselves a problem. Am I saying he should stop developing? No. However, stick with the throwing motion that he is comfortable with and get the most out of him as you can. This offseason, be certain to exhaust all options to pick up a young potentially elite QB. As a matter of fact make sure you do it! Even if it means giving things up. Begin developing him under Fitz for one year (barring Fitz is good enough to even stick around).

In the mean time, fire David Lee! He really isn't helping anything. I want to see some heads roll for this quarterback play.

Depending on how good the defense actually is, I think the Bills might have a shot at being decent even with Fitz as more of a game manager. We cannot depend on Fitz throwing 3 TDs and 300 yards for wins. Play to our strengths for now and get a freaking elite QB no matter what this offseason!

I knew this stupid thread was started by someone with less than 100 posts before I even opened it.

Another knuckle-dragger to put on ignore.

It seems people can only concentrate on the negative.

Yes, Fitz had a handful of horrible throws today. Just atrocious head scratching throws. But you know what? No QB is perfect, every QB had a handful of bad throws in a game (granted they miss a little closer than Fitz did today.)

The thing is when a QB isn't that accurate he needs to make up for it with big plays and keep the TOs to a minimum. Fitz did that today but isn't getting credit for it. He had a beautiful pass to Chandler for 30+ yards, a big play to Stevie for 40+ yards and a TD in addition to some nice runs that kept drives going.

He was so effective at hitting big gains that his average per pass attempt today was 9.36 (the most important stat for QBs other than turnovers.) 9.36 is a big number and given that his completion percentage was only 52% today that means the passes he did complete were for large chunks of yardage.

So yeah, some of those passes looked horrible but overall he had a very solid game today.

Going into week 8 last year he had a 98.4 QB rating. This was good enough for top 5 in the league and the Bills offense was lighting it up. Keep in mind this is only 11 games ago genius. It was his first full offseason where he was treated as a starter coming in and the offense was built around him. He lead multiple fourth quarter combacks and torched some secondaries in that time. So yeah, the thought that maybe he could be elite crossed my mind. If it didn't cross your mind that maybe, just maybe he could be elite in that stretch then I don't know what you were watching. Now if you disagree with some of my post feel free to make an argument and back it up. But dont just make some smart *ss remark.

He's been in the league since 2005!!!! lol Journeymen QBs don't just magically become elite players YEARS after they're drafted....give me a break!

I knew this stupid thread was started by someone with less than 100 posts before I even opened it.

Another knuckle-dragger to put on ignore.

I just checked out some of the wisdom you drop on this forum. I am blown away by some of the brilliance you bring to this forum in your 2,500 posts. Wait, you had zero insights on any of the posts I read. I have heard a lot of analytical football conversation in this thread. If you're IQ is low, stick to the more dumbed down topics ;)

He's been in the league since 2005!!!! lol Journeymen QBs don't just magically become elite players YEARS after they're drafted....give me a break!

Neither do 28 year olds out of arena league who were bagging groceries the year before. Wait Kurt Warner did.

Neither do 7th round draft picks who didn't even start in college. Wait Tom Brady did.

Rich Gannon made 4 out of 6 pro bowls late in his career after being cut and traded by multiple teams early in his career. Certainly a journeyman.

Joe Theisman had to go through the Canadian league and then when he made it into the NFL it took him 4 seasons to become the starter of the Redskins. Another elite journeyman.

Matt Schaub. Rode the pine for 3 years.

Get your facts straight partner. I just owned you.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

I think Fitz is one of those guys who wants to be great so badly, and tries so hard that his performance suffers.

What made him decent over the past couple of seasons (when he was having good games) was that he was out there as a 7th rounder from Harvard playing with house money and chucking it around with reckless abandon. When it worked it was great. When it didn't it was ugly. Thus his record as a starter. But whatever: he was in the NFL!

But once the contract came along it was time to evolve and grow out of that mentality. You aren't playing with house money when you have a $50 million contract and the weight of a franchise and a coach's career on your shoulders.

I just checked out some of the wisdom you drop on this forum. I am blown away by some of the brilliance you bring to this forum in your 2,500 posts. Wait, you had zero insights on any of the posts I read. I have heard a lot of analytical football conversation in this post. If you're IQ is low, stick to the more dumbed down topics ;)

Neither do 28 year olds out of arena league who were bagging groceries the year before. Wait Kurt Warner did.

Neither do 7th round draft picks who didn't even start in college. Wait Tom Brady did.

Rich Gannon made 4 out of 6 pro bowls late in his career after being cut and traded by multiple teams early in his career. Certainly a journeyman.

Joe Theisman had to go through the Canadian league and then when he made it into the NFL it took him 4 seasons to become the starter of the Redskins. Another elite journeyman.

Brady started his last two years at Michigan and was a sixth round pick.

When speaking about your obvious limited IQ, I did not use "you're".

Schaub rode the pine for the Falcons, not the Texans.

Why bring up Theismann? Why not mention Y.A. Tittle as well?

If you think Pickspatrick will ever be "elite", your (note spelling) football knowledge is rather limited. There is not a person outside Bills' fans who believes this. Accept it and hope he's shackled in favor of the run game for the remainder of the season.

I won't call you "partner" or say you were "owned".

Edited by Marauder24

I just checked out some of the wisdom you drop on this forum. I am blown away by some of the brilliance you bring to this forum in your 2,500 posts. Wait, you had zero insights on any of the posts I read. I have heard a lot of analytical football conversation in this post. If you're IQ is low, stick to the more dumbed down topics ;)

Does anyone else laugh when someone posts "Get your facts straight partner. I just owned you" in a post where he gets basic facts wrong?

I am unconvinced you are blaming the correct position coach, though I agree Fitz does look tight and tentative.

He looks very tight and appears to be thinking "I need to do it this way." It't not natural and his balls can go anywhere (even to receivers at times). Of course, he has never been a consistently solid passer, especially on out patterns. Cinci knew they needed a new quarterback. We need to see if things improve as the season progresses and should to be prepared to seriously look at whats available in the offseason if it becomes necessary.