Did anyone watch the Az-NE game?

Arizona fumbled. NE went for the FG to win the game and missed it.

I saw the last 2 minutes.

Az with the lead fumbles the ball

NE got the ball within the 30 (chip shot FG range), Brady threw 2 crap balls and then a penalty pushed them for a long FG which they went for to win the game and missed it sooooooo far left it looked like a corner kick

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the coach argued it plenty loud and clear when he made the call. odds are he didnt forget everything he knows about football and his team suddenly. id guess hed say in his head it is still at the very least a close call statistically given what he knew at the time, even if after review of the situation he wouldnt call it the same next time. his special teams let him down on it.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

I saw the last 2 minutes.

Az with the lead fumbles the ball

NE got the ball within the 30 (chip shot FG range), Brady threw 2 crap balls and then a penalty pushed them for a long FG which they went for to win the game and missed it sooooooo far left it looked like a corner kick

lol absolutely wrong.

Brady threw a crap ball, then Woodhead ran for a 30 yard TD that got called back, Then Brady got all of those penalty yards back by hitting Welker for 13 yards. Then Brady kneeled it twice and they kicked it.

The Pats got the ball at the 30 yard line after the fumble. They were at the 24 yard line when they kicked the field goal. No penalty pushed them back further.

Edited by LiterateStylish

lol absolutely wrong.

Brady threw a crap ball, then Woodhead ran for a 30 yard TD that got called back, Then Brady got all of those penalty yards back by hitting Welker for 13 yards. Then Brady kneeled it twice and they kicked it.

The Pats got the ball at the 30 yard line after the fumble. They were at the 24 yard line when they kicked the field goal. No penalty pushed them back further.

There was a flag after the welker catch, on the kneel which may have been part of what hes referencing. it also speaks to your earlier assertion that theres no possible way to lose yards on a qb sneak. id imagine the temptation to move first would be even higher on that.

the pass to welker got them to the 18, then on the first attempted kneel there was a false start on gronk. it pushed them to the 23. i know you stormed in with high praise for the charts and stats, but this week youve been flat out insulting (even in threads i agree with you on, like the mario one). just something you may want to think about. not trying to scold you or tell you how to post, but perhaps you dont realize the perception.

see the boston herald game recap below:

Second-and-10, Cardinals’ 30 (:52): Brady completed a screen pass to Welker for a 12-yard gain to the left.

First-and-10, Cardinals’ 18 (:46): Gronkowski was called for a false start.

First-and-15, Cardinals’ 23 (:46): Brady took a knee to the middle of the field.

Second-and-16, Cardinals’ 24 (:07): Brady spiked the ball to stop the clock.

Third-and-16, Cardinals’ 24 (:06): Stephen Gostkowski missed a 42-yard field goal.

Edited by NoSaint

There was a flag on the kneel.

the pass to welker got them to the 18, then on the first attempted kneel there was a false start on gronk. it pushed them to the 23. i know you stormed in with high praise for the charts and stats, but this week youve been flat out insulting (even in threads i agree with you on, like the mario one). just something you may want to think about. not trying to scold you or tell you how to post, but perhaps you dont realize the perception.

Sorry, I have no tolerance for ignorance.

Sorry, I have no tolerance for ignorance.

it was a lot more charming when it came with graphs, and statistics than it is now that its devolved into name calling and insults in the threads ive seen this week.

youre on a public internet message board. not everyone is going to agree with you.

heres another writer outlining exactly what i have said:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/17/belichick-gostkowski-missed-field-goal/70000494/1

including that this kick leaves gostkowski 38/39 in his last 39 fourth quarter attempts, another stat i didnt know until just now.

again, im not arguing that when football outsiders or whoever else analyzes this later this week does so they will find that it was the right choice, but that it will be a much closer decision than bill simmons let on(and yes possibly right even).

Edited by NoSaint

I watched the end...saw the fumbled giving the game to NE and thought...WTF how can the ball always bounce there way....then they missed the field goal and it was a good day again

+1.. I was like.. something stupid is going to happen to give NE the ball with just enough time to score.. Bamn.. I sat there shouting miss it miss it miss it..

The Patriots losing to AZ blew my mind. It was very nice to see.

Shocking, but not a surprise. AZ has been flying under the radar because of their QB issues over the summer. But make no mistake; that defense has been very good going back to the middle of last season, perhaps longer. Especially their D line. That entire unit is hard to play against.

GO BILLS!!!

Shocking, but not a surprise. AZ has been flying under the radar because of their QB issues over the summer. But make no mistake; that defense has been very good going back to the middle of last season, perhaps longer. Especially their D line. That entire unit is hard to play against.

GO BILLS!!!

True.

I have Larry Fitzgerald on my team and he had virtually nothing yesterday. AZ winning with no production from him, and add to that it was in NE at 1pm made it seem unlikely. They do have a nice D.

I agree. I watched the last quarter of the Cards' game against Seattle last week. They were bringing some serious heat against Russell Wilson. He had zero time to throw the ball on that last drive. They will be a tough opponent in the desert. The last time the Bills went there, they returned with a quarterback who was a shell of his former self and never really recovered.

I just finished watching the game on Game rewind.

I think we can run the ball on the Pats. Beanie Well and Ryan Williams were able to find some gaps.

The Cardnals beat the **** out of the Pats recievers all day and it messed up the timing big time.

Brady just missed on some throws. He looks human although the timing was off all night.

The Pats o line is not good. No longer will Tom terrific have time to text Gizelle to have his pedicure materials ready after the game.

Disrupt the timing, Mario and co should be able to harass him all day. Thats the key.